Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Little bit later...
    I take my sources within the Miami Heat organization and South Florida media over what ya'll dudes hear from Ric Bucher and Steven A Smith etc...

I know my team. Been following the Heat as a youngin since damn near the inaugural seasons...

Through the Rothstein later years, Kevin Loughery taking over, and then Rileyscoming aboard in 95 and on...

and what kinda fricking lame justification is that vangundy didnt want to deal with all the high expectations?
    LOL. I agree it's lame, but that was from my sources and the word around South Florida that's what it was.

then why would he ok shaq coming to town in the first place?
    Pat Riley and Randy Phund handle all the personnel descions of the Miami Heat organization, not Stan Van Gundy.

bigger question...why would he be a coach if he was not ready to accept the pressures of high expectations?

When the oppritunnty was first presented to him, there was a team in place that he was comfortable with and had no high expectations(03-04 Heat team) right off the bat, as opposed to this past 2 heat squads with Shaq at the helm.

NBA rookie of the year

Default re

B-Fresh needs to realize that everything in life, especially in the public eye, depends on perceptions of what one does, and not intentions.

Riley may very well really need this surgery and it might have come at a terrible time, and he is not quitting.

but people will speculate... it's the natural way that happens. don't get bent out of shape over it.

So van gundy willingly walked away from perhaps his sole opportunity to win an NBA title as head coach?
    Unless you know the details of his contract situation, or any handshake deals that might have gone down you really can't do anymore than speculate like the rest of us
    In the end it's still a pretty stress filed job, dude...And when you don't meet expectations you catch unwarranted blame/flack. After the Game 7 ECF when the Heat got ousted by the Pistons..He caught blame for some odd reasons. People were stupidly negating the injury concerns down the stretch...

Could Riley have slid him some dollars not to talk? LOL, maybe so. But I doubt it. Not from what I've herd from what I consider credible sources.

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
    B-Fresh needs to realize that everything in life, especially in the public eye, depends on perceptions of what one does, and not intentions.

Riley may very well really need this surgery and it might have come at a terrible time, and he is not quitting.

but people will speculate... it's the natural way that happens. don't get bent out of shape over it.
    LOL. It is in all in good and fun discussion dude...Aint nobody getting bent out of shape.

I'm just presenting info on this particular situation on what is know DOWN HERE.

I enjoy taking part and debating/discussing this stuff.
    Last edited by BFRESH44; 01-03-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    I take my sources within the Miami Heat organization and South Florida media over what ya'll dudes hear from Ric Bucher and Steven A Smith etc...

I know my team. Been following the Heat as a youngin since damn near the inaugural seasons...

Through the Rothstein later years, Kevin Loughery taking over, and then Rileyscoming aboard in 95 and on...

LOL. I agree it's lame, but that was from my sources and the word around South Florida that's what it was.

Pat Riley and Randy Phund handle all the personnel descions of the Miami Heat organization, not Stan Van Gundy.

When the oppritunnty was first presented to him, there was a team in place that he was comfortable with and had no high expectations(03-04 Heat team) right off the bat, as opposed to this past 2 heat squads with Shaq at the helm.
    unless you are Isiah, you consult the coach and usually dont make trades if the coach doesnt approve. And if the GM feels like the coach is a dumbass for not approving, then the coach will get fired.

And why would ANY GM hire a guy who wouldnt want to win a championship?

Pat: Hello Stan, im glad you are taking this job
    Stan: yea, me too. I don't have to worry about high expectations.

1 season later:

Pat: Shaq's coming to town.
    Stan: ****, i better get out of here. High expectations

Quote Originally Posted by sportstownusa
    unless you are Isiah, you consult the coach and usually dont make trades if the coach doesnt approve. And if the GM feels like the coach is a dumbass for not approving, then the coach will get fired.

And why would ANY GM hire a guy who wouldnt want to win a championship?

Pat: Hello Stan, im glad you are taking this job
    Stan: yea, me too. I don't have to worry about high expectations.

1 season later:

Pat: Shaq's coming to town.
    Stan: ****, i better get out of here. High expectations
    LOL, I agree with your perception on that matter.

The first year with Shaq went fine as that wasn't as pressured filled of a situation.

But it was when Riley went and got the personalities like the Antoine Walkers, J-Wills, Gary Paytons, when Stan began to say "uh oh". Thinking he couldn't coach and get all those veterans to respond to him.

And then Riley stating that a team that won 59 games and went to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals despite being hampered by injuries (thigh bruise to Shaq, Wade sustaining the freak rib injury) was not a championship team. And that the guys being acquired the following year(Toine, J-Will, Posey etc) make the Heat a championship team, so anything less is a failure...That's pressure, So stan said, "I'll let Riley take over with these guys he went out and got.

Was Riley itcing to coach? Hell yes. But he didn't throw Stan under the bus...

And going back to Riley situation now: It's NOT a situation of him taking a break because they Heat are 13-17. The man is in discomfort, hurting, and needed to address it with the surgery. Simple as that.

This isn't a "fax in your resignation" type ordeal ala in New York style....

He'll be out for a couple/few weeks recovering and it'll be a done deal...
    Last edited by BFRESH44; 01-03-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Default Pat Riley leaves Heat organization due to medical problems

Decent college freshman

I think miami will suffer alot, and amhappy the will..i hope they do not qualify to playoff

Banned

Default Re: Breaking News: Pat Riley Will Take Leave Of Absence.

Unlucky for the Heat....
    [COLOR="White"]Wonder how many people this fools.[/COLOR]

Banned

Default Re: Breaking News: Pat Riley Will Take Leave Of Absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Unlucky for the Heat....
    [COLOR="White"]Wonder how many people this fools.[/COLOR]

what a pointless bump