Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Playing while high

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Kind of the same when I'm cruising high.. Every turn is smoother, I accelerate at optimum intervals, it just puts you in a zone like no other.

as pathetic as it might sound to some people, thats honestly one of my favorite things to do. Especially if you have a decent system in your car.

Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I just don't see the point. I would rather relax when I am high instead of getting a run in.
    I didn't realize you get high. I thought you were extremely anti-drug, considering the relationship/past issues with your brother and all.

I don't play high, and hate playing against those who do... it usually doesn't make them better, only not realize how much they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    I don't play high, and hate playing against those who do... it usually doesn't make them better, only not realize how much they suck.
    This one guy played 21 against me high... I couldn't guard him. He was too quick for me though it had nothing to do with him being high. Maybe if he wasn't high though he wouldn't have thought he could have. Who knows. I asked him if he played better when he was high and he said hell no... but I think he plays high all the time and is full of crap.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Hmmmm, what about M Beasley that cat is blazing away and his game has all but gone up in smoke....along with his confidence.

For me, it's definitely an improvement in my offense. I still can't run for shit and in fact, I'd argue that my stamina is a tad bit worse when I'm high.

But I make shots I never would have made prior. I have a bad habit of following the ball with my eyes when I shoot. You're supposed to lock your eyes onto the rim when you shoot and keep them there. Just like in golf you're not supposed to look up at the ball when you hit it. It throws you off just enough.

When I'm high, every shot I take, my eyes lock on the rim. I never follow the ball. Even the shots I miss are more like in and out whereas before I was missing by a freakin mile.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    When I'm high, every shot I take, my eyes lock on the rim. I never follow the ball. Even the shots I miss are more like in and out whereas before I was missing by a freakin mile.
    Dirk looks at the ball when he shoots, rim when he fakes.

Per- Andre Iguodala

I'm with ya , homeslice

only on krokodil

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    YES...so much yes.

I mean, not to brag, but I was a very good shooter when I was in high school and til I was about 22-23. I could hit from anywhere on the court. But a string of injuries (broke my ankle, had toe problems, etc) and then my hypoglycemia really affecting me...it's like I "forgot" how to play. I couldn't shoot, I was missing easy lay ups...I was like the basketball equivalent of Steve Sax disease. I couldn't make routine plays...and forget about hitting anything outside of 5 feet. My confidence was SO shattered outside the paint..and even inside, the only thing that saved my ass was that I was a great rebounder and could put back my own misses.

From the age of 25 on...it was like that. No outside game whatsoever...people daring me to shoot like Lebron in game 6. I was airballing threes.

I think I mentioned it before, but in nearly 30 league games (I run in two at the same time) over nearly 2 seasons, I hit three 3 pointers...TOTAL.

Last night....I hit THREE in one game...including one from near NBA range and another right in some dude's face.

In the last 4 games since I been smoking...I've knocked down 7 threes, making over half my attempts. To some, that might be no big deal. To me...I'm mind blown. I'm 39 years old! I haven't shot like that in nearly 15 years!

It's cuz I'm not thinking out there...when I shoot in the game, it's like I'm warming up. I don't even care who's in front of me...my defender doesn't exist. Now, it has caused me some issues...I've gotten my shot blocked a few times because I don't care who's in front of me (and cuz I'm old and can't jump for shit), but I'll take that any day over bricking up shot after shot.
    Thank you very much for the great advise.