Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The floater... learn it

I agree with the OP. As a 5'7" point guard in high school, it was probably my go-to move. I'd dribble hard past the defender, who would anticipate me going all the way to the hoop...as as long as he didn't get any help from a big, I'd bank in a light floater halfway into the paint. Then when they'd anticipate that, I'd attack the rim harder. I was never much of a scorer though, I felt much more comfortable driving and dishing.

NBA Finals

I honestly think I was the first to come up with this move. Not because of looks but because I was always too scared to go head up with big men so i'd just throw it towards the hoop well before he could challenge the shot.

Years later and now im the master of this sh**!

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    dont

unless youre basically a pro.
    Its very hard to get that feel for this shot, and even if you think you have it, you still dont.
    I picked it up easy during my junior-senior year summer. I played, and practiced a lot though. I started doing it in the paint during my practices and within a month I had decent touch and range expanding all the way to the free throw line. I recommend trying to use the off the backboard floater too when your on the baby wing. It does take years to perfect but none of us are NBA players. Although I do think Pau visits ISH time to time

And what is all this nonsense about being scared of big men and the paint that you do floaters. Point is if your in the paint and you throw up a floater chances are your moving forward and the shot blocker is moving toward you. Your going to get bumped. I got bumped to the ground numerous times doing my floaters because your completely wide open to contact after it is released. If you do floaters a lot the shot blocker is going to move faster, jump higher, and more towards you. Your going to get hit more than just doing a relentless drive. Although it depends the level of competition your playing
    Last edited by FreezingTsmoove; 07-22-2013 at 05:57 PM.