Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Andrew Wiggins' school commitment

What a troll thread title.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

wig

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Of course it is a gamble. If he goes to Kentucky he may not win it all, and yet he can only take around 10 shots a game. If he goes to another program he may get 15-20 shots a game, and the team may as well do as good as Kentucky or even better. What will you choose if you were Wiggins?
    I don't see his draft status changing at all in either scenario. You said he would "gamble his future" on Kentucky which is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't see his draft status changing at all in either scenario. You said he would "gamble his future" on Kentucky which is laughable.
    Yeah, unless Wiggins' only basketball contribution next season is literally defecating at center court, it's hard to imagine his draft stock changing dramatically. Still, I don't see him going to Kentucky because it's probably the place where he's going to have the least amount of enjoyment in his one college season.

Kentucky regardless of whether Wiggins commits with them or not are going to be the favorites going into the season. Not only do they have 6 of the top 20 recruits coming in next season (which considering how tight Calipari does tend to keep his rotation would probably be enough), but it looks as though Cauley and Poythress are coming back as well. Wiggins would still most likely be the most talented and best player on the team but he'd be sacrificing a good bit (stylistically and personally) playing on this team, which might suit him better for the pros, but might not necessarily be what a 18 year old kid wants to do.

Personally, I think UNC and Kansas are in the mix because they're normally in the mix, but I don't necessarily see them being serious contenders for him (although I could be entirely wrong). FSU to me is the most intriguing though. Not only for the reasons that have been stated in thread already, but FSU is something of a rising team. They didn't do poorly in the ACC last season and even though they're losing their top player in Snaer, the rest of their rotation is returning on top of having a pretty decent recruiting class (Wiggins best is fairly talented in his own right). FSU is probably an NCAA tournament next season anyway and with Wiggins could a be a real threat to do something special next season. FSU would be my guess for his one year college destination (which might be wishful thinking on my part).

Rumor has Wiggins going to Florida State, if so thats a terrible move. I mean, you dont need to win NCAA tournament to be the No.1 draft pick, but not making NCAA or even NIT will definitely hurt. Florida State is at best a CIT/CBI team lmao, may not even make it there.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Rumor has Wiggins going to Florida State, if so thats a terrible move. I mean, you dont need to win NCAA tournament to be the No.1 draft pick, but not making NCAA or even NIT will definitely hurt. Florida State is at best a CIT/CBI team lmao, may not even make it there.
    wiggins responded on twitter by (paraphrasing) saying "lol you dont know anything stop making up stuff"

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    Yeah, unless Wiggins' only basketball contribution next season is literally defecating at center court, it's hard to imagine his draft stock changing dramatically. Still, I don't see him going to Kentucky because it's probably the place where he's going to have the least amount of enjoyment in his one college season.

Kentucky regardless of whether Wiggins commits with them or not are going to be the favorites going into the season. Not only do they have 6 of the top 20 recruits coming in next season (which considering how tight Calipari does tend to keep his rotation would probably be enough), but it looks as though Cauley and Poythress are coming back as well. Wiggins would still most likely be the most talented and best player on the team but he'd be sacrificing a good bit (stylistically and personally) playing on this team, which might suit him better for the pros, but might not necessarily be what a 18 year old kid wants to do.

Personally, I think UNC and Kansas are in the mix because they're normally in the mix, but I don't necessarily see them being serious contenders for him (although I could be entirely wrong). FSU to me is the most intriguing though. Not only for the reasons that have been stated in thread already, but FSU is something of a rising team. They didn't do poorly in the ACC last season and even though they're losing their top player in Snaer, the rest of their rotation is returning on top of having a pretty decent recruiting class (Wiggins best is fairly talented in his own right). FSU is probably an NCAA tournament next season anyway and with Wiggins could a be a real threat to do something special next season. FSU would be my guess for his one year college destination (which might be wishful thinking on my part).
    Being the best player on the best team in the country, maybe the best team ever, wouldn't be fun?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

How soon can this kid be in the league.

I'm in need of a swing man worth believing watching.

It's interesting that Wiggins' would respond to this claim, when at some point he was called to every school on his list by a somewhat credible media person. Mark Seidel went on record saying Wiggins would choose UNC. Several different people have said Wiggins to UK. I heard rumors that Wiggins silent committed to Cal on his 15 minute visit before the McD game... Probably Kansas at some point.

Wiggins showed his hand by responding, imo. Seems to me like that guy who definitely said Wiggins would commit to FSU last night just wanted to go on record before anyone else so he could use it to claim his fame.

That line of thinking paired with that Wiggins never really seemed all that interested in the recruiting process and multiple reports stating that his parents want him at FSU... Nevermind that it was Wiggins' parents who decided he would reclassify when he did and that coaches needed to convince Mitchell Wiggins, not Andrew on which school to attend... It kind of adds up to FSU.

Which would be the lesser of the evils from the viewpoint of any of the other 3 fan bases. Except it goes against his quotes on the importance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    It's interesting that Wiggins' would respond to this claim, when at some point he was called to every school on his list by a somewhat credible media person. Mark Seidel went on record saying Wiggins would choose UNC. Several different people have said Wiggins to UK. I heard rumors that Wiggins silent committed to Cal on his 15 minute visit before the McD game... Probably Kansas at some point.

Wiggins showed his hand by responding, imo. Seems to me like that guy who definitely said Wiggins would commit to FSU last night just wanted to go on record before anyone else so he could use it to claim his fame.

That line of thinking paired with that Wiggins never really seemed all that interested in the recruiting process and multiple reports stating that his parents want him at FSU... Nevermind that it was Wiggins' parents who decided he would reclassify when he did and that coaches needed to convince Mitchell Wiggins, not Andrew on which school to attend... It kind of adds up to FSU.
    I don't think he showed his hand at all, this was a significant member of the media reporting that he had made a decision. If it wasn't true, he had to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    I don't think he showed his hand at all, this was a significant member of the media reporting that he had made a decision. If it wasn't true, he had to respond.
    Significant? The only thing that guy is known for is calling Nerlens Noel to Georgetown. Which wasn't even correct. And he's a Kentucky fan, too, who worked for a Kentucky newspaper. Or something like a newspaper.

He has no more credibility than any of the other "media sources" claiming which school Wiggins would go to.

Oh, I'll add that I'm still sticking to my other prediction. But if you try to read between the lines it's weird that Wiggins would respond to this person of all people.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 04-13-2013 at 07:51 PM.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

I'm betting on UNC. McAdoo, Hairston, bullock all coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Significant? The only thing that guy is known for is calling Nerlens Noel to Georgetown. Which wasn't even correct. And he's a Kentucky fan, too, who worked for a Kentucky newspaper. Or something like a newspaper.

He has no more credibility than any of the other "media sources" claiming which school Wiggins would go to.

Oh, I'll add that I'm still sticking to my other prediction. But if you try to read between the lines it's weird that Wiggins would respond to this person of all people.
    He responded to someone from ESPN, or at least someone with ESPN in their twitter ID.

That's what I thought, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    FSU is probably an NCAA tournament next season anyway and with Wiggins could a be a real threat to do something special next season. FSU would be my guess for his one year college destination (which might be wishful thinking on my part).
    Nah FSU is not even a CIT/CBI team without Wiggins, with Wiggins they should make it to CIT/CBI but still needs a miracle to enter NIT. NCAA tournament is way too much for this shitty team, its not like Wiggins can turn a non-CIT/CBI team into an NCAA tourney team all by himself.

why the **** won't this kid commit somewhere already? kids from the class under him are starting to commit to schools