Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Yes because you aquire an MVP player who makes everyone better. And after the deal I'd...

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Neither team would do the trade right NOW but can you imagine Nash in Cleveland? He'd end up killing Mike Brown after like 2 practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Neither team would do the trade right NOW but can you imagine Nash in Cleveland? He'd end up killing Mike Brown after like 2 practices.
    I bet the Suns would do it.

KIWI
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    are you serious the suns would do that trade in a heartbeat silly boy!

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by KIWI BOY
    are you serious the suns would do that trade in a heartbeat silly boy!
    i don't know. not that you wouldn't rather have a 22 year old bron than a 32 year old nash, but the suns have a legit shot at a title right now, and if you replace nash with bron that's probably out the window. then you've got the expense of it. no way you can keep that team together and absorb bron's even larger contract. as long as you had bron and amare you'd be competitive forever, but you'd sacrifice chemistry and a serious title run right now for hope for the future. you'd probably have to do it because bron is a money machine, but i think cotton and the fellas would be biting their nails.

Bad for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    i don't know. not that you wouldn't rather have a 22 year old bron than a 32 year old nash, but the suns have a legit shot at a title right now, and if you replace nash with bron that's probably out the window. then you've got the expense of it. no way you can keep that team together and absorb bron's even larger contract. as long as you had bron and amare you'd be competitive forever, but you'd sacrifice chemistry and a serious title run right now for hope for the future. you'd probably have to do it because bron is a money machine, but i think cotton and the fellas would be biting their nails.
    If Bron is as good as they say he is...he should be able to get the talented Suns team to the NBA finals just the same.

Dunking on everybody in the park

You have to tade LeBron for Nash if you can.

The reason? Contracts. Steve Nash is locked up for three more years of his prime after this year (at well below market value), while LeBron is only under contract for two more years, after which he will opt out and run to the biggest-market team that can afford him.

I hope you found this answer both useful and informative.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Like KIWI, GOBB and others said --Suns would accept that deal quickfast

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If Bron is as good as they say he is...he should be able to get the talented Suns team to the NBA finals just the same.
    that's a big IF, and i don't know that any pg other than kidd could run these suns the way d'antoni wants them run. but you're right. it should require minimal roster maintance to rework the team around bron. trouble is the money. i think that would be three max deals plus you need to be able to keep raja, barbosa, and diaw without sacrificing the chance to upgrade your backup guards and center.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yes because you aquire an MVP player who makes everyone better. And after the deal I'd...

Haha, you caught me with that one...

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    that's a big IF, and i don't know that any pg other than kidd could run these suns the way d'antoni wants them run. but you're right. it should require minimal roster maintance to rework the team around bron. trouble is the money. i think that would be three max deals plus you need to be able to keep raja, barbosa, and diaw without sacrificing the chance to upgrade your backup guards and center.
    kidd wouldnt be as effective as nash on the suns, not even close, kidd cant shoot which is a BIG no-no in the suns game style, nash can't combine scoring and playmaking the way nash does, nash is shooting 50%/50%/90% this season which is something kidd wouldnt do in his dreams, defense ? i agree kidd is a WAY better defender, but in the suns style defense has no relevance.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    kidd wouldnt be as effective as nash on the suns, not even close, kidd cant shoot which is a BIG no-no in the suns game style, nash can't combine scoring and playmaking the way nash does, nash is shooting 50%/50%/90% this season which is something kidd wouldnt do in his dreams, defense ? i agree kidd is a WAY better defender, but in the suns style defense has no relevance.
    true, kidd's not nash, and they would suffer for the change, but he at least has the instincts to run that offense. i don't think there's another pg in league (maybe paul) who can maintain that pace end to end all game long.

Saw a basketball once STILLBALLIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bail
    Right now,If you were the GM of either team, would you trade Lebron for Nash?:
    Lebron is the 6' 8" man child and steve nash isn't bad, matter of fact he's damn good but......no way can he hold Lebrons' shoes. Put Nash on dem cavs and we suck even more than we do now! Put lebron on the suns and they are still a championship contender.

i think if lebron was on the suns, they'd just be another un-organized offensive-minded team with no direction.

lebron can't make the passes Nash can on a consistent basis, no one in the league can at the moment..with lebron instead of Nash, it would just be a lot of random 3 point shooting, drives to the basket, one on one ISO's

with Nash, everyone in the Suns offense has a purpose. Nash is one of the only PG's in the league who, in a half-court set, is constantly given the ball to see what he can do. When i watch almost any other team, once the PG passes the ball in the half-court set, he may or may not see it again. Nash almost always gets the ball back, this is because he gets guys wide-open shots, time and time again. Lebron can't do that. I think with Lebron, the Suns offense would be more like the Wizards..high scoring and unorganized, not nearly as efficient as the Suns..not nearly as consistent, either.

if Nash were on the Cavs, he would turn into merely a very good sharpshooter who can make the good pass. With hughes and Z getting so many touches, Nash wouldnt be able to dominate the ball like he does in Phoenix. that doesnt work, either..

I dont think either team makes the trade. Even with Lebron being younger, the Suns arent going to abandon this plan that theyve been orchestrating for years. And with lebron, that plan would not see fruition. it would have to change.