Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    It was Lebron's fault.

But seriously, the Lakers aren't asking Jamison to be their 3rd or even 4th best player.
    Obviously Jamison doesn't suck, but just needed to say something negative about him since gave us hope by saying he wanted to come home to Charlotte during the season only to sign with the Lakers.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    As far as I remember the only laker threads I started were me thinking OKC was better and one saying Dwight wouldn't be happy being a 3rd option. Honestly it's not like I'd be upset if Jamison performed well, I'm just predicting that he won't. It's not like his success will ruin my life.
    Any and everyone on this board who has become acquainted with your posts knows you are a Kobe and Laker hater. You know you would be upset if he performed well, because that would mean the Lakers are progressing as a team, and solidifying a weakness. You made the Dwight thread because you have great disdain that he found himself on the Lakers, and wish and hope that he doesn't resign, using the "he won't be happy as a third option" statement as an imaginary vehicle to that end - despite the fact that no knowledgeable person claimed Dwight would be the third option.

Your agenda is clear to us all, so why pretend to mask it?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Holy **** I just double checked all the numbers from your bench, points allowed etc...I apologize for this thread. He won't be good per say but god damn he'll be an improvement

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Any and everyone on this board who has become acquainted with your posts knows you are a Kobe and Laker hater. You know you would be upset if he performed well, because that would mean the Lakers are progressing as a team, and solidifying a weakness. You made the Dwight thread because you have great disdain that he found himself on the Lakers, and wish and hope that he doesn't resign, using the "he won't be happy as a third option" statement as an imaginary vehicle to that end - despite the fact that no knowledgeable person claimed Dwight would be the third option.

Your agenda is clear to us all, so why pretend to mask it?
    I'm a Kobe hater not a Laker hater. Dwight can win 15 titles with the Lakers for all I care once Kobe leaves (just so long as they don't beat the cavs ). I went to highschool in LA Kobe fans made it impossible to root for him.

Great addition to the bench... Lakers bench last season was
    Just fkn pathetic. The ammount of leads they blew was embarassing. Steve Blake Really need to offload that loser...

I actually expect him to do pretty well and average double figures and 20+ minutes off the bench. Chances are he's about the last option the defense is worrying about and will have lots of open looks.

Jamison was on the Cavs. Now he's a 6th man. Your point makes no sense, as there is nothing resembling context or even any points made.

College superstar

Jamison is also a player that I could see benefiting from playing with Nash, so there's that.

I don't know how many minutes he'll be playing, but I expect that he will have a significant increase in efficiency numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    This garbage, that you so cleverly deemed him, is much better than the shit storm we had on our bench last season. So garbage or not, hes improving our 2nd unit.
    THIS xInfinity

i'll take the 12 or 13 PPG he'll average off the bench this year

absolutely

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He does suck and the fact that the laker fans acknowledge this while also acknowledging that he still will make their bench better is hilarious. That goes a long way in saying how truly pathetic your bench was when someone like Jamison is offering hope.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 08-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He does suck and the fact that the laker fans acknowledge this while also acknowledging that he still make their bench better is hilarious. That goes a long way in saying how truly pathetic your bench was when someone like Jamison is offering hope.
    Anybody who watches basketball knows Jamision is a good player. He is still a good scorer and being 6th man instead of being depended on will make him far more capable of shooting a high clip than he did last season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Anybody who watches basketball knows Jamision is a good player. He is still a good scorer and being 6th man instead of being depended on will make him far more capable of shooting a high clip than he did last season.

How in the hell was averaging 17 pts on 16 shots last season being a "good scorer"? That is being an god damn AWFUL SCORER. Even in those high up tempo Wizards offense's playing with some other talent he was just decent efficient wise. The only season where he was an high efficient scorer was when he came off the bench for Dallas, but that was when he was 27 years old. He will be 36 years old coming off the bench for the Lakers. Laker fans are dreaming. Jamison is an washed up scrub now. The only reason he was even taking 16 shots a game anymore at this point in his career was because he was on the ****ing Cavs.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 08-15-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    How in the hell was averaging 17 pts on 16 shots last season being a "good scorer"? That is being an god damn AWFUL SCORER. Even in those high up tempo Wizards offense's playing with some other talent he was just decent efficient wise. The only season where he was an high efficient scorer was when he came off the bench for Dallas, but that was when he was 27 years old. He will be 36 years old coming off the bench for the Lakers. Laker fans are dreaming. Jamison is an washed up scrub now. The only reason he was even taking 16 shots a game anymore at this point in his career was because he was on the ****ing Cavs.
    Just because he shot 40% doesn't mean he isn't still a good scorer as he clearly is. You only have to watch him and the way he plays. Being one of the main scorers for that team certainly didn't help his % as he was depended on to score more. In LA he will get a ton of open looks next to Nash and the attention Dwight will cause. He will be a good replacement for example when Pau takes a break. Any guy who can give you 20 points on any given game is only going to help us.

No laker fans are dreaming at all here we aren't expecting 20 points a game but giving points off the bench when it's needed which is what Jamison has done for years and for that reason I don't think we will be dissapointed. We don't depend on him like Cavs have done and how wizards did which in theory should make it easier for him.

I guess we will see how it pans out... There is certainly no sure thing that's for sure.
    Last edited by All Net; 08-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.

he's a high character vet, getting paid the minimum

I guess that counts for nil around here