Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official List of Primes (Best Seasons)

Zbo 2010/2011 20pts/12 boards a game

3-time NBA All-Star

Kareem... either 70-71 or 71-72. Given his mpg, and considering post-season play, his 70-71 season was probably his greatest.

Chamberlain...wow, this is almost an impossibility, but I am leaning towards 65-66 and 66-67. Of course, he was dominant his entire career. In his 65-66 season, he just MURDERED the best centers in the league (Thurmond, Bellamy, and Russell) in his H2H's. And that carried over from his 64-65 season in which he obliterated Willis Reed in their H2H's (as well as pounding Russell all season long.)

The OP has Wilt's 61-62 season...not a bad choice, of course. And, in that season, he averaged 37 ppg, and 28 rpg against Russell, including the playoffs; while averaging an incredible 52.7 ppg against Bellamy in their 10 H2H's.

#1. Shaq
    #2. LeBron
    #3. Wilt
    #4. Jordan

[COLOR="White"]Get ya mad on![/COLOR]

Shooting .389 FG% in the playoffs is your best season ('01 Iverson) ?

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Kareem... either 70-71 or 71-72. Given his mpg, and considering post-season play, his 70-71 season was probably his greatest.

Chamberlain...wow, this is almost an impossibility, but I am leaning towards 65-66 and 66-67. Of course, he was dominant his entire career. In his 65-66 season, he just MURDERED the best centers in the league (Thurmond, Bellamy, and Russell) in his H2H's. And that carried over from his 64-65 season in which he obliterated Willis Reed in their H2H's (as well as pounding Russell all season long.)

The OP has Wilt's 61-62 season...not a bad choice, of course. And, in that season, he averaged 37 ppg, and 28 rpg against Russell, including the playoffs; while averaging an incredible 52.7 ppg against Bellamy in their 10 H2H's.
    My God, did I forget to say My God?

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    Incorrect.
    That is actually right on target.

Michael Jordan's prime was 90-91 or 91-92.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Shooting .389 FG% in the playoffs is your best season ('01 Iverson) ?
    Is your vote for 2005-06 then?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    That is actually right on target.

Michael Jordan's prime was 90-91 or 91-92.
    Well, prime years don't always line up with "best season" and this list is for single best seasons. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    Is your vote for 2005-06 then?
    Yes

Not sure which season to put down for Kareem. 1970-71 or 1976-77?

3-time NBA All-Star

Not sure which season to put down for Kareem. 1970-71 or 1976-77?
    ShaqAttack has Kareem in 76-77. I personally believe it was either his 70-71, or 71-72 seasons. He shot horribly in the '72 post-season, though, and most observers that saw them play in that post-season would claim that BOTH Thurmond and Wilt outplayed him.

Yeah, I was considering 2005-06. But I felt like AI's MVP season was overall his best, even though not his best statistical year. He led his team to the finals that year and also made All-NBA First and won the scoring and steals title.

Thoughts from anyone else? Change AI's to 2005-06 or keep 2000-01?
    He was better in 00-01. His 05-06 season seemed better due to rule change that favors perimeter players while in fact he was declining as a player at that point.

for Russell I'd say any of 63-64, 64-65, 65-66 (66-67 would be on his list but he didn't win a ring, and it wasn't appreciably better); his physical prime was perhaps earlier but I think that three (four) year period definitely contains his playing peak

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    for Russell I'd say any of 63-64, 64-65, 65-66 (66-67 would be on his list but he didn't win a ring, and it wasn't appreciably better); his physical prime was perhaps earlier but I think that three (four) year period definitely contains his playing peak
    I believe most would agree with you. Still, in those years Chamberlain just had a HUGE edge over him, at least statistically (including efficiency) in their H2H's (as he did EVERY season.) And that includes their psost-season H2H's, when Wilt supposedly choked.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    I believe most would agree with you. Still, in those years Chamberlain just had a HUGE edge over him, at least statistically (including efficiency) in their H2H's (as he did EVERY season.)
    perhaps; I have to remain objective until this h2h project is complete though, so I'm going to withhold an opinion for now

I'm going to post on APBR either tonight or tomorrow (I've had an account for years, haven't posted though), and see what they have to add

I'm also going to go through and create a bounty list (well, not literally since there is no reward, other than the satisfaction of helping out) listing the cells that need completion in order of precedence in tiers (I'll post it in the '1962...' thread)