Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBuc...=TLOjWgcNdbves

Extremely talented stretch 4
    7 footer
    has post game
    can hit the 3 from either corner with the best of them
    can put the ball on the floor and finish strong
    willing passer
    no ego

this guy could be every bit better than 120M Rashard Lewis who was Dwights 2nd best player on the Magic team that made the Finals

to me he is HOU x-factor if they let this guy play starters minutes, he will be a great beneficiary of all the attention Harden, Howard, Lin, and even Parsons will command

Banned

Default Re: Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

don't think he's ready yet to be honest, maybe in a couple more seasons he could fill the role but lewis gets under rated these days. In his prime he was a good player

Banned

Default Re: Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    don't think he's ready yet to be honest, maybe in a couple more seasons he could fill the role but lewis gets under rated these days. In his prime he was a good player
    what about his game isnt ready?! did u watch the video? he was doin all that last season, why wouldnt he be ready even if he didnt improve which young international prospects always do

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06
    what about his game isnt ready?! did u watch the video? he was doin all that last season, why wouldnt he be ready even if he didnt improve which young international prospects always do
    shot 28% from 3, to me he hasn't got the off ball game to be what lewis was yet. Not saying he won't and I was impressed by how good he looked but he isn't lewis or anderson yet.

im guessing howard, asik, jones will get all the frontcourt minutes with parsons getting few at pf too

Banned

I think he should be starting and they should have traded asik and possibly lin for a point guard or some great bench guys.

he's bulked up a bit over the summer, which is what we wanted from him. he wasn't ready last season but let's see how he does this upcoming one. i'm cautiously optimistic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    he's bulked up a bit over the summer, which is what we wanted from him. he wasn't ready last season but let's see how he does this upcoming one. i'm cautiously optimistic.
    if the rockets unleash the Donatas he will be a force, he will get COUNTLESS wide open three's when they inevitably double Dwight, i dont see any other big on the Rockets roster that has a higher ceiling or is as versatile as Donatas

I really hope D-mo improves. If he can be consistent with his corner 3 and his mid-range game, then he brings a lot to the table. He wasn't the greatest defender, but he really hustled on the defensive end. Thankfully he's bulked up this summer and that should help him tremendously this coming season.

Cool story bro moment, I met him while eating lunch at Phoenicia once (grocery store in Houston). I remember it was the game before the Jazz game. First time I met a player in person.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

His shooting ability is over hyped. He is not a good shooter. He does however have some nice post moves. If he puts on weight and becomes a good rebounder then he will get good mins.

He was starting midseason but fell out of rotation by playoffs. Terrance Jones is better.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

He does have great confidence and continues to shoot jumper. Hopefully he can improve. He is good at running the floor too.

Decent college freshman

T.Jones is better.

Learning to shoot layups Buckshot's Avatar

Championship? Montiejunas? LOL

Motie or Jones needs to really grow up for us to make a deep championship run.

From what I saw last season, his defense was pretty bad. But he has a nice touch and should complement Dwight Howard really well.