Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Top ten players in the NBA?

we haven't had one of these in a while and everyone can create their list with whatever assumptions based on health e.g. westbrook/rose/kobe for this upcoming season

1. LBJ
    2. Durant
    3. Howard
    4. Carmelo
    5. Westbrook
    6. Rondo
    7. Rose
    8. TP
    9. Wade
    10. Paul George

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Top ten players in the NBA?

That is one of the worst top 10s I've seen in a long time.

When Healthy
    1. Lebron (Best player in the league)
    2. Durant (30 PPG on 50, 40, 90)
    3. Dwight (Dominant defensive presence)
    4. Kobe (Amazing scorer plus elite D)
    5. Paul (20 and 10 with great D)
    6. Duncan (Amazing post game and dominating D)
    7. Westbrook (Great all around freak athlete)
    8. Melo (Most versatile scorer in the league)
    9. Williams (Most versatile player at PG)
    10. Rose (Freak athlete and great finisher)

Howard? Seriously?!

Local High School Star

Don't hate on Howard folks. He is by far the best big man in the game and when healthy (which he is this year) he will be not only lead the league in rebounds and blocks but also give you 22 points a game on very good percentage. Free throws? Yeah he can't make them but lets wait and see. This guy and Lebron both led very very bad players to the damn finals.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    That is one of the worst top 10s I've seen in a long time.

When Healthy
    1. Lebron (Best player in the league)
    2. Durant (30 PPG on 50, 40, 90)
    3. Dwight (Dominant defensive presence)
    4. Kobe (Amazing scorer plus elite D)
    5. Paul (20 and 10 with great D)
    6. Duncan (Amazing post game and dominating D)
    7. Westbrook (Great all around freak athlete)
    8. Melo (Most versatile scorer in the league)
    9. Williams (Most versatile player at PG)
    10. Rose (Freak athlete and great finisher)
    Only difference between our list is that you had Kobe and assumed that he will play better then Westbrook/Melo/Rose/Paul at 35 years old coming off a achilles rupture. You also put a 37 year old Duncan who plays very limited minutes above most most of the said above players for the upcoming season. Can you explain?

22ppg is not impressive.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Duncan is definitely top 10 still. I would takeout Melo and put George into the top 10.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Only difference between our list is that you had Kobe and assumed that he will play better then Westbrook/Melo/Rose/Paul at 35 years old coming off a achilles rupture. You also put a 37 year old Duncan who plays very limited minutes above most most of the said above players for the upcoming season. Can you explain?
    Because they were elite players last season and they arnt going to just drop off, and you have to assume they will be elite until they actually show decline. Do you think that NBA coaches are thinking that Kobe is going to suck when he comes back? No, they're preparing for his same old dominant self.

I also didn't put Rondo, who is one of the most flawed players in the league, at #6.

There still isn't a PF in the league I would take over Duncan when it matters. Even at 37 and limited minutes, he is the best.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Because they were elite players last season and they arnt going to just drop off, and you have to assume they will be elite until they actually show decline. Do you think that NBA coaches are thinking that Kobe is going to suck when he comes back? No, they're preparing for his same old dominant self.

I also didn't put Rondo, who is one of the most flawed players in the league, at #6.
    I can't agree with the Kobe opinion because of the injury and I question his defence last year but each to their own opinion. I don't understand what your talking about what coaches are 'thinking or preparing. From most peoples perspective including people in the NBA like Chuck and etc the Lakers are going to 'stink bro'.

P.S Rondo has some serious skills and he plays very hard in the play offs. Wouldn't underestimate him he gets triple doubles easier then Lebron.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    There still isn't a PF in the league I would take over Duncan when it matters. Even at 37 and limited minutes, he is the best.
    He is the best PF to play the game but that doesn't mean he is top ten this upcoming season. Spurs has a good system which benefits TP and then Duncan when defence collapses on TP. Remember Timmy is playing off TP not the other way around anymore.

He is the best PF in the game but that doesn't mean he is top ten this upcoming season. Spurs has a good system which benefits TP and then Duncan when defence collapses on TP. Remember Timmy is playing off TP.
    I understand. I just have trouble keeping him out of the top 10. But you make good points also. Im not much of list maker myself for these things anyways. I tend to get stuck on where I put the point guards.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

He is the best PF to play the game but that doesn't mean he is top ten this upcoming season. Spurs has a good system which benefits TP and then Duncan when defence collapses on TP. Remember Timmy is playing off TP not the other way around anymore.
    Dwight Howard gets spoon fed religiously and mainly only makes easy baskets I don't see how you can penalize Duncan for that yet completely ignore the fact Dwight needs a ton of spoon feeding and can't pass out of doubles.

Decent playground baller TimmyDuncan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Dwight Howard gets spoon fed religiously and mainly only makes easy baskets I don't see how you can penalize Duncan for that yet completely ignore the fact Dwight needs a ton of spoon feeding and can't pass out of doubles.
    Elites guards have more impact on the game than elites Big in this Era but elites Big are way more difficult to find

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Dwight is probably the most criticized superstar in the game. Im not saying you're wrong. But you have always had kind of a bias towards athletic big men.