Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default New York Dropping like a Ratchet

Knicks are free fallen like Tom Petty. Their schedule looks brutal the rest of March and April. What are your Conference seed predictions?

EASTERN Conference:

1) Miami
    2) Indiana
    3) Chicago
    4) Boston
    5) New York
    6) Brooklyn
    7) Milwaukee
    8) Atlanta

Boston is coming up fast, Milwaukee has multiple games left versus teams like the Magic, Charlotte, etc. Rose's return will catapult Chicago to a top 3 seed..

First Round:

1) Miami vs. Atlanta
    2) Indiana vs. Milwaukee
    3) Chicago vs. Brooklyn
    4) Boston vs. New York

What's your predictions?

Current Standings:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

Pacers are dropping fast of late..

Default Re: New York Dropping like a Ratchet

IMO NY should drop a little so they can face CHI. Boston would eat them alive.
    Last edited by Haymaker; 03-17-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Also, Brooklyn has it tough from here on out. Brooklyn plays 2 road games for every 1 home game, including a brutal western conference road trip.

chicago is really third?

edit, i thought you were listing the real standings

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    chicago is really third?

edit, i thought you were listing the real standings
    I wish

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Brooklyn is playing its best basketball of the season. Deron averaging 23 and 8 since all-star break. Having them drop to 6 should have you banned from these forums and from life as well. Haters still hating.

"Dropping like a ratchet"? Never heard that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Brooklyn is playing its best basketball of the season. Deron averaging 23 and 8 since all-star break. Having them drop to 6 should have you banned from these forums and from life as well. Haters still hating.
    Let's be honest for a second. Nets have beaten a bunch of poor/mediocre teams. Hornets twice,Hawks,Wizards,Bobcats.
    Except from beating Atlanta they lost against every decent team they played (Sixers although they aren't really decent,Bulls,Mavs,Grizzlies,Rockets).

After the Hawks game tonight they have a 8 game road trip coming up and then have to face the Bulls at home. I don't see them going better than 5-5 on that 10 game stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Let's be honest for a second. Nets have beaten a bunch of poor/mediocre teams. Hornets twice,Hawks,Wizards,Bobcats.
    Except from beating Atlanta they lost against every decent team they played (Sixers although they aren't really decent,Bulls,Mavs,Grizzlies,Rockets).

After the Hawks game tonight they have a 8 game road trip coming up and then have to face the Bulls at home. I don't see them going better than 5-5 on that 10 game stretch.
    Every "poor" team you mentioned has beaten the Knicks. Except the bobcats because they haven't played the Knicks yet. Nice try though.
    Nets will go 7-3 in that stretch.

Every "poor" team you mentioned has beaten the Knicks. Except the bobcats because they haven't played the Knicks yet. Nice try though.
    Nets will go 7-3 in that stretch.
    What are you talking about ? You must be smoking some shit. Knicks beat the Bobcats on J.R.'s game winner. Knicks beat the Hawks on Melo's game winner. Knicks beat the Hornets twice. Only team that has beaten the Knicks are the Wizards.

And good luck going 7-3. Games against the Nuggets and Clippers are basically automatic losses. Jazz,Blazers and Mavs are fighting for a playoff spot,I don't think you'll be able to beat all of them them too.

5-5 is a realistic expectation. You could maybe go 6-4,maybe 7-3 at best.But I think 4-6 is more realistic than 7-3.

My prediction still stands,5-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    What are you talking about ? You must be smoking some shit. Knicks beat the Bobcats on J.R.'s game winner. Knicks beat the Hawks on Melo's game winner. Knicks beat the Hornets twice. Only team that has beaten the Knicks are the Wizards.

And good luck going 7-3. Games against the Nuggets and Clippers are basically automatic losses. Jazz,Blazers and Mavs are fighting for a playoff spot,I don't think you'll be able to beat all of them them too.

5-5 is a realistic expectation. You could maybe go 6-4,maybe 7-3 at best.But I think 4-6 is more realistic than 7-3.

My prediction still stands,5-5.
    Yes but the hornets have beaten the Knicks once this season.as have the wizards. And your bashing the Nets for beating these lowly teams when these lowly teams have beaten the Knicks once this season as wellness nets will be second in the East. That is all
    They will be division champs for next five years.

Yes but the hornets have beaten the Knicks once this season.as have the wizards. And your bashing the Nets for beating these lowly teams when these lowly teams have beaten the Knicks once this season as wellness nets will be second in the East. That is all
    What are you smoking man ? Hornets didn't beat the Knicks this season. You don't even know how to check the results.

I'm not bashing the Nets for beating the poor teams. You should be able to beat them. I'm just saying that if your best stretch of season is beating a bunch of nobodies then it's not something to be bragging about.

I still don't see why you think you'll go 7-3 on that 10 game stretch. You have an 8 game road trip (5 games are pretty tough) and 2 home games that aren't really easy. 5-5 it is. I wouldn't be surprised if they went 4-6 though.

I'm not saying the Nets won't win a division because there's a real chance that they will. I'm just saying that you're overrating your team like many of the fans tend to do. Knicks aren't good. Nets aren't good. There are no good teams in the East besides Miami. Put every 3-8 seed team from the East in the West and they would be fighting for the playoffs. And that's all.

I don't even care about the division. I just hope the Knicks will play well enough to get homecourt advantage in the playoffs and be healthy come playoff time.

Local High School Star

Yes but the hornets have beaten the Knicks once this season.as have the wizards. And your bashing the Nets for beating these lowly teams when these lowly team have beaten the Knicks once this season as wellness nets will be second in the East. That is all
    Lay off the drugs and make sure you have your facts straight before you end up looking silly knicks have beat the hornets twice and lost to the wizards once.
    Last edited by jimmy77x; 03-17-2013 at 12:06 PM.

It is truly insane that the Celtics have played the way they've played and are three and a half games away from home court until the ECF.

Insane.

The East is either the model of parity or truly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    It is truly insane that the Celtics have played the way they've played and are three and a half games away from home court until the ECF.

Insane.

The East is either the model of parity or truly awful.
    I'll help you with that one. The answer is truly awful.

There are no good teams in the East besides Miami.