Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Beal vs. Waiters

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Beal>>>>>waiters

Shows how much of a fu*king retard pleezebelieve is.
    He predicted Kyrie as a bust, and waiters as second coming of dwade
    This. the guy is a joke poster

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Uhhh...

Waiters is averaging 13.3 points on 48.2% shooting, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 1.2 steals in his last 10 games.

Beal is averaging 14 points on 43.5% shooting, 2 assists, 3 rebounds and 0.7 steals in his last 10 games.

Those 10 games include several games that Beal played with an injured shooting hand. he tried to play through the injury, then took 5 games off, and came back with a 1-5 outing his first game back in limited minutes.

Beal is shooting 49% from 3 in 2013.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Those 10 games include several games that Beal played with an injured shooting hand. he tried to play through the injury, then took 5 games off, and came back with a 1-5 outing his first game back in limited minutes.

Beal is shooting 49% from 3 in 2013.
    He should be shooting a high percentage from deep, because he has a great jumper. I'm not surprised that he has turned it on.

I'm mainly responding to these people who seem to think Waiters is a bum who will never amount to anything. Fact is, he has also turned it on in the last couple months.

He's shooting from 44% from the floor in 2013 and 49% in February. The guy can play and I will just go ahead and assume those who say otherwise just haven't seen him play much recently.

Against the Heat tonight, he 12 points on 5-8 shooting and 2 assists in the first half.

Would it be possible that both these guys end up being good players? Or, are some so invested in this dumb p!ssing contest that it isn't even a consideration?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Beal. I swear I see this thread every week. Waiters will finally have a game of shooting 45%+ and like 16 points and people think hes great. Beal is and will be the better player
    Well I guess Waiters should be getting a lot more love by your logic. Dudes been shooting over 50% more times than not over the last month while averaging 14 ppg.

They're both going to be great sg's in this league, and despite being similar sized they have drastically different games. other than their play styles, the only thing that separates the two overall as prospects is that Beal is 2 years younger. Both were great picks when you factor out Drummond.

He should be shooting a high percentage from deep, because he has a great jumper. I'm not surprised that he has turned it on.

I'm mainly responding to these people who seem to think Waiters is a bum who will never amount to anything. Fact is, he has also turned it on in the last couple months.

He's shooting from 44% from the floor in 2013 and 49% in February. The guy can play and I will just go ahead and assume those who say otherwise just haven't seen him play much recently.

Against the Heat tonight, he 12 points on 5-8 shooting and 2 assists in the first half.

Would it be possible that both these guys end up being good players? Or, are some so invested in this dumb p!ssing contest that it isn't even a consideration?

I don't see Wiz fans constantly talking down waiters. However i do see cavs homers talking down Beal. It seems to be a recurring theme, and as a Wizards fan it is all too common to see our players get dissed.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=271257

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

their numbers are more or less equal this season.

But let's face it, one player can get to the rim, and one can't.

Waiters potential >>>>>> Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I don't see Wiz fans constantly talking down waiters. However i do see cavs homers talking down Beal. It seems to be a recurring theme, and as a Wizards fan it is all too common to see our players get dissed.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=271257
    Isn't rknine a Wiz fan?

Btw, PB does it for attention. You shouldn't be taking anything he says seriously, let alone ascribing it to "Cavs fans." Just trying to get under people's skin.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 02-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Dion with 26 points against the Heat tonight on 11-17 shooting, along with 3 assists. He was dominating at key points offensively. In fact, Wade was getting help and they still weren't having success in stopping him.

He needs to start getting the credit he deserves. Guy is looking legit.

Banned

Dion with 26 points against the Heat tonight on 11-17 shooting, along with 3 assists. He was dominating at key points offensively.

He needs to start getting the credit he deserves. Guy is looking legit.
    Gotta admit I didn't see such a game from him coming against the heat. He was a beast Nice rookie you got there and the whole young team really and props to the bet cj miles too

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

This. Give me the guy that can take it the rim. Beal won't just all of sudden get a 1st step like Waiters.

Waiters could end up with the individual edge at the end of their careers but Id still rather have Beal if I were a Cavs fan. I think his more traditional style from the wing would be a better compliment to Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Waiters could end up with the individual edge at the end of their careers but Id still rather have Beal if I were a Cavs fan. I think his more traditional style from the wing would be a better compliment to Kyrie.
    I love the way they work together, personally. It is a luxury to have your two best players be able to initiate an offense and create shots for others and themselves.

For instance, the Heat put their emphasis on slowing down Kyrie's penetration, but that totally opened up the floor for Dion. By the time they were forced to adjust, Dion was in a zone, had his rhythm going and was scoring anyway. And, then the adjustment opened things back up for Kyrie.

Also, Kyrie is such a great spot-up shooter, he can easily fit in well in offensive sets that don't use him as the primary ball-handler. He also works really well off the ball.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Dion has the best instincts on the team. He knows what he wants to do everytime he has the ball in his hands. He passes well. Plays with patience. Pushes the ball forward consistently.

I'm trying to figure out who he reminds me of and nothing connects. Maybe a better penetrating Joe Dumars??

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

confirmed that you've never seen him play. Beal is reckless going to the rim.

waiters shooting sub 50% at the rim
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 02-25-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    confirmed that you've never seen him play. Beal is reckless going to the rim.

waiters shooting sub 50% at the rim
    Haven't seen enough of Beal to make a direct comparison, but Dion is REALLY good at attacking the rim. Especially in the last couple months, as he has figured out how to finish among the trees in the NBA. His lethal first step has always been there. He has the body to absorb contact and finish. I sense there are a lot of people who haven't watched him lately.

Dion Waiters vs Heat (Full Highlights) [24.02.2013]

Btw, Dion is shooting 51% from the field in his last 10 games.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 02-25-2013 at 09:48 PM.