Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

I beat it last night, had a chance to digest it and will continue to do so this afternoon and then this evening Imma come back and I want ya'lls input on a couple things if I haven't worked them out.

I have to play it again twice more to gauge it's true replay value, but from a first play through stand point I have no problem saying that this is better than the first Bioshock and is the very first game I've ever thought to myself: "Is this better than the Orange Box?"

I love the story to this game. Went through the cut scenes to see its twist in the end. The end was very well executed, I can't find a big flaw in it.

Man I really want to play this game but I can't stand playing first person games...

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Man I really want to play this game but I can't stand playing first person games...
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Why?
    I just feel disoriented playing them. I've really tried to, going all the way back to Descent and as recently as Halo 3. I'm so bad at playing them that it takes away from my enjoyment. It's like putting on cleanroom goggles and getting tunnel vision.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

SPOILER!

Anyone else found the fight on the deck to be extremelly hard? Maaang it took me ages to beat. I played on Hardest. Ending, obviously, blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    SPOILER!

Anyone else found the fight on the deck to be extremelly hard? Maaang it took me ages to beat. I played on Hardest. Ending, obviously, blew me away.
    yeah the first couple of times i kept losing track of guys who got by me and attacked the ship's engine thing.It was pandemonium. Good job finishing on hard though, i stuck with normal.

SPOILER!

That was the only fight I really got frustrated with because you could hear someone shooting but couldn't find where they were all the time. Or at least I couldn't always see the person.

I just feel disoriented playing them. I've really tried to, going all the way back to Descent and as recently as Halo 3. I'm so bad at playing them that it takes away from my enjoyment. It's like putting on cleanroom goggles and getting tunnel vision.
    That sucks. Is it a vision thing? How does being able to see your avatar change the perspective for you?

Man no Half Life or anything? Portal? FP mode in Skyrim?

Oh, and sniper riffle is the best weapon. Hands down. Especially on PC where you can easily always aim for the head in a milliseconds.

Overall really memorable game, will try Tomb Raider later.

That sucks. Is it a vision thing? How does being able to see your avatar change the perspective for you?

Man no Half Life or anything? Portal? FP mode in Skyrim?
    I'm sure it's a mental thing. I'm one of those people who just have to be extremely aware of their environment otherwise they lose their bearings. I guess that extends to gaming as I just always felt like I could never do that with FPS, whereas games like Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, and Uncharted felt very natural. My BIL is a huge Halo fan and made me play a few times (I even tried the campaign) but I always felt uncomfortable playing and was almost relieved when I stopped playing. The only games I've ever played and thoroughly enjoyed were the FreeSpace games, but that's a whole different animal.

But yeah never even tried any of those games you mentioned, and Bioshock and Portal especially sounds like they'd be right down my alley story wise.

This discussion has really made me wanna pick up a FPS game and almost force myself to go through it...

Oh, and sniper riffle is the best weapon. Hands down. Especially on PC where you can easily always aim for the head in a milliseconds.

Overall really memorable game, will try Tomb Raider later.
    Well here's the great thing about this game: To me the SR wasn't even close to the best weapon in the game.

This points to the variety of play styles the game supports. This is something that I find a lot of other shooters struggle with. Cover based ones especially. You enjoyed long range fights, I assume this means you often found the high ground. I too found the high ground, but not to assume a firing position, but to get a fix on all of my enemies. I enjoyed running around, getting up close and personal and augmenting my style with gear and vigors.

So to me the best weapon in the game without a doubt was the shotgun, and now I used my code to unlock Comstock's China Broom Shotgun and I am sweeping (HAHAAAA!) through the game second time through.

You really truly can play this game a multitude of ways and nothing is forced on you as far as strategy. That's the mark of a good open FPS.

I'm sure it's a mental thing. I'm one of those people who just have to be extremely aware of their environment otherwise they lose their bearings. I guess that extends to gaming as I just always felt like I could never do that with FPS, whereas games like Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, and Uncharted felt very natural. My BIL is a huge Halo fan and made me play a few times (I even tried the campaign) but I always felt uncomfortable playing and was almost relieved when I stopped playing. The only games I've ever played and thoroughly enjoyed were the FreeSpace games, but that's a whole different animal.

But yeah never even tried any of those games you mentioned, and Bioshock and Portal especially sounds like they'd be right down my alley story wise.

This discussion has really made me wanna pick up a FPS game and almost force myself to go through it...
    I think I get it. You don't like that you can't see all around you and such.

Well Portal that isn't the biggest issue in the world, but Bioshock was made to exploit that fact in many cases so you might have a steep learning curve with that part.

College superstar

Easily one of the best games I've played in a very long time. Completed it over a weekend. Well worth the money!

Well here's the great thing about this game: To me the SR wasn't even close to the best weapon in the game.

This points to the variety of play styles the game supports. This is something that I find a lot of other shooters struggle with. Cover based ones especially. You enjoyed long range fights, I assume this means you often found the high ground. I too found the high ground, but not to assume a firing position, but to get a fix on all of my enemies. I enjoyed running around, getting up close and personal and augmenting my style with gear and vigors.

So to me the best weapon in the game without a doubt was the shotgun, and now I used my code to unlock Comstock's China Broom Shotgun and I am sweeping (HAHAAAA!) through the game second time through.

You really truly can play this game a multitude of ways and nothing is forced on you as far as strategy. That's the mark of a good open FPS.

Good point, I died almost every time trying to run and gun, probably misused vigors. Even tho, its definitely fun going all blast with shotgun, as it was my second gun for the most of the time.

Im currently thinking about getting first 2 bioshock's cause I never played them. This one impressed me a lot.