Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

So what, are we going to act like Clips fans shouldnt recognize when their franchise player is playing like hot garbage?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    So what, are we going to act like Clips fans shouldnt recognize when their franchise player is playing like hot garbage?
    We should just shut up and accept mediocrity apparently since we sucked for 30+ years anyways .

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    People saying I'm entitled or spoiled need to understand that it's only because last year right out of the gate CP3 was dominant. Even in his bad games his impact was huge. This year he just looks so average at times... where he can't do ANYTHING right. His impact is significantly less despite most of his games being good statistically.

Last year literally 9 out of 10 times down the stretch CP3 took over games. This year he's been the main man responsible for meltdowns late in games. It's such a night and day difference, I can't help but be pissed about it. People keep saying he will get back to it.... but 13 games is enough to say somebody is struggling or not struggling. If he turns it around I'll go back to praising him but for right now I'm not happy.

He's our best player, was the clutchest player in the NBA last year and has always been a great closer. So seeing him choke time and time again worries me.
    You're over exaggerating. CP3 took over the Cavs and Warriors games (even though they lost, he was involved in almost every play down the stretch), and hit a game saving shot vs. the Spurs. The only problem with Paul this season has been his passiveness/deferring to Griffin and Crawford too much. Besides that and his 3pt shooting, every other part of his game is either the same or better than it was last season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    You're over exaggerating. CP3 took over the Cavs and Warriors games (even though they lost, he was involved in almost every play down the stretch), and hit a game saving shot vs. the Spurs. The only problem with Paul this season has been his passiveness/deferring to Griffin and Crawford too much. Besides that and his 3pt shooting, every other part of his game is either the same or better than it was last season so far.
    What are you talking about? His defense has taken a huge step back this year. His shooting from the field is down 4 percent, shooting from 3 down 7 percent. The only things that have stayed the same are rebounding and assists, everything else is down. Besides I don't miss Clippers games and can definitively say his overall impact is way down.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

What are you talking about? His defense has taken a huge step back this year. His shooting from the field is down 4 percent, shooting from 3 down 7 percent. The only things that have stayed the same are rebounding and assists, everything else is down. Besides I don't miss Clippers games and can definitively say his overall impact is way down.
    It hasn't really been a month yet. CP3 could bounce back. Star players do have not so stellar months. CP3 could have a stretch of games next month or in Jan or something. While there is no question that he hasn't been playing as well as last year so far, that doesn't mean he won't be effective. Look at his track record and look up the bad months he had in the past. Back then with the NOH he was better than he was on the Clippers too.

You shouldn't be worried about CP3 too much. He'll probably bounce back eventually and be one of the best, if not the best PG in the league I think clippers fans should worried about Griffin. I think the team won't get far unless Griffin gets better. He needs the ball in the 4th and needs to make a impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    It hasn't really been a month yet. CP3 could bounce back. Star players do have not so stellar months. CP3 could have a stretch of games next month or in Jan or something. While there is no question that he hasn't been playing as well as last year so far, that doesn't mean he won't be effective. Look at his track record and look up the bad months he had in the past. Back then with the NOH he was better than he was on the Clippers too.

You shouldn't be worried about CP3 too much. He'll probably bounce back eventually and be one of the best, if not the best PG in the league I think clippers fans should worried about Griffin. I think the team won't get far unless Griffin gets better. He needs the ball in the 4th and needs to make a impact.
    Who do you think is responsible to get him the ball in the 4th? CP3. Coach is yelling at him to get Griffin the ball every game yet instead he's taking bad shots or deferring to Crawford and Butler. The team needs to get it through their heads that we don't have enough pure shooters to be a perimeter team. Our bread and butter should be Griffin. Griffin doesn't help the situation by passing so much but they need to feed right back to him and MAKE him have to score.

I agree every superstar gets to have a bad month here or there but this was supposed to be the year of no excuse for CP3. Mostly healthy, LOADED squad next to him, more time to mesh etc.

Exactly.

First 13 games of '08: 17.6 pts, 10.3 asts, 4.4 rebs, 2.9 stls, 3.2 TO's on 47/31/89 shooting

First 13 games of '13: 15.8 pts, 9.6 asts, 3.7 rebs, 2.7 stls, 2.4 TO's on 45/31/88 shooting

'08 Hornets: 9-4
    '13 Clippers: 8-5
    Not sure why you deleted your post, but...

Context. Do these stats account for defense, effort, and overall play in 4th quarters?

Exactly.

First 13 games of '08: 17.6 pts, 10.3 asts, 4.4 rebs, 2.9 stls, 3.2 TO's on 47/31/89 shooting

First 13 games of '13: 15.8 pts, 9.6 asts, 3.7 rebs, 2.7 stls, 2.4 TO's on 45/31/88 shooting

'08 Hornets: 9-4
    '13 Clippers: 8-5
    I love the perspective this brings and much respect for including it. Stats line up well but was his impact also worse in 08 and was he a defensive liability? I'm not complaining about his stats because they are still good. I'm complaining about the uncharacteristic meltdowns down the stretch in games, his unwillingness to shoot wide open shots and his poor defense.

Also in 08 he was a younger, much more athletic and aggressive CP3 so I'm not sure he will bounce back as strong this time.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Not sure why you deleted your post, but...

Context. Do these stats account for defense, effort, and overall play in 4th quarters?
    Repped. You posted this right before I got mine down .

You guys are right about those stats not accounting for defense and effort, I just originally posted that to show that Paul in the past has gotten off to a similar slow start and turned it around.

Repped. You posted this right before I got mine down .
    Thanks. I'm a stat head myself, but you gotta use some perspective.

The reality is, CP3 ain't playing up to par.. I'm of the opinion he'll pick it up just before the postseason though. [COLOR="White"](crossing fingers lol)[/COLOR]
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 11-25-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Thanks. I'm a stat head myself, but you gotta use some perspective.

The reality is, CP3 ain't playing up to par.. I'm of the opinion he'll pick it up just before the postseason though. [COLOR="White"](crossing fingers)[/COLOR]
    Same. I'm not saying dude is done or won't bounce back because he no doubt will. I'm rather just venting about his play being mediocre up till this point. If he disappears in the playoffs again (last year injuries but has happened at times before) and keeps folding in 4th quarters though he needs to be held accountable.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

clippersfan86 all in a lather because his team is #1 in the Pacific for like what? the 3rd time since they were in San Diego?

Default ClippersFan86 is starting to test my patience

Okay so... you guys know I've defended clippers to a fault. Even prior to them being good, I liked their futility and defended them from people slagging them. That being said, what we've seen from ClippersFan86 is completely unacceptable.

ClippersFan86 should be BETTER this year with a stronger team and an offseason on ISH. Yet he is worse in every way, literally. ISH has its own problems, but in ISH's defense, they are full of young posters, and hasn't had good moderators or strict guidelines.

I know ISH is still full of trolls and homers. ClippersFan86 on the other hand doesn't have that excuse. After 25,000 plus posts, a die-hard fan, yet continues to post poor threads. Somehow came into the season trolling weak sauce, despite posting 20 plus times a day during the summer.

I never thought I'd mention troll in a sentence with ClippersFan86 but the last few weeks he's made multiple low IQ threads that had me flabbergasted at ISH.

Every poster is allowed to have crappy posts, but to have trolled in weeks now? I feel like Qrich has a larger positive impact on ISH 75% of this season so far. Veteran posters shouldn't be pulling this kind of crap.

Homer posts, more fanboy reasoning than usual, poor grammar compared to last year, appear totally illogical and can't refute substantial responses. I feel like his idea of posting is troll others into reactions and getting riled up in return.

Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 11-25-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Default Re: ClippersFan86 is starting to test my patience

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    Okay so... you guys know I've defended clippers to a fault. Even prior to them being good, I liked their futility and defended them from people slagging them. That being said, what we've seen from ClippersFan86 is completely unacceptable.

ClippersFan86 should be BETTER this year with a stronger team and an offseason on ISH. Yet he is worse in every way, literally. ISH has its own problems, but in ISH's defense, they are full of young posters, and hasn't had good moderators or strict guidelines.

I know ISH is still full of trolls and homers. ClippersFan86 on the other hand doesn't have that excuse. After 25,000 plus posts, a die-hard fan, yet continues to post poor threads. Somehow came into the season trolling weak sauce, despite posting 20 plus times a day during the summer.

I never thought I'd mention troll in a sentence with ClippersFan86 but the last few weeks he's made multiple low IQ threads that had me flabbergasted at ISH.

Every poster is allowed to have crappy posts, but to have trolled in weeks now? I feel like Qrich has a larger positive impact on ISH 75% of this season so far. Veteran posters shouldn't be pulling this kind of crap.

Homer posts, more fanboy reasoning than usual, poor grammar compared to last year, appear totally illogical and can't refute substantial responses. I feel like his idea of posting is troll others into reactions and getting riled up in return.

Not sure why you can't just disagree rather than make a full blown troll post while accusing me of trolling. You definitely made your point here! . Funny thing is... I defend all the players and I'm the most bias homer... but the minute I criticize one I get ripped apart anyways for trolling? Doesn't make any sense at all but can't say I'm surprised.

If anything the fact that I can separate players from my loyalty to the team should get me respect rather than criticism. I care about what's best for the TEAM and always have.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-25-2012 at 07:39 PM.