Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Chicago Bulls Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    If you were a Bulls fan it would have meant LeBron signed with Chicago.
    How? How would he even know I was a bulls fan? He's gonna sign with them just to make me happy?

You're aware that I don't actually know LeBron, right? He's not going to go out of his way to do me any favors.

Learning to shoot layups peejay89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    How? How would he even know I was a bulls fan? He's gonna sign with them just to make me happy?

You're aware that I don't actually know LeBron, right? He's not going to go out of his way to do me any favors.
    Really? The way you ride his nuts, you would think you guys are best buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by peejay89
    Really? The way you ride his nuts, you would think you guys are best buddies.
    damn.

NBA sixth man of the year

1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

False. Noah makes them a great defensive team. Rose's offensive ability makes them championship contenders.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Jimmy Butler is THAT good.

I'll say this, he's got more potential than Thabo Sefolosha. Defensively, he's as good as any wing on the league. Offensively, he can improve.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.

False. It's not an offensive game plan they lack, it's the 2nd go to scorer. Boozer is not a good 2nd option on a championship team.

4. AGREE or DISAGREE: More Taj Gibson, Less Carlos Boozer.

Disagree. Boozer should still get the bulk of the minutes at PF. Gibson getting bulk backup PF/C minutes. They need Boozer's offense and rebounding, plus Gibson is a proven spark plug for the 2nd unit.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:

Their GM. They need that 2nd go to scorer. It's too difficult to have to depend on one guy to beat the three headed diva Heat.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    SG - Butler/*Hinrich/*Snell/Dunleavy
    SF - Deng/*Butler/Dunleavy/*Snell
    PF - Boozer/Gibson/Murphy
    C - Noah/Mohammed
    ^Thomas was not retained, Snell is being developed as a SG, and Thibs bases his rotation on overlap, not single positions.

1. TRUE or FALSE: False. Noah can be a game changer, but the keys to the franchise(for better or worse) are in Rose's hands.

2. TRUE or FALSE: That good? "That" He's going to get over-rated quickly, but how he's rated right now, he is "that" good.

3. TRUE or FALSE: True. Every team can always improve, just so happens the Bulls have the most to gain on offense.

4. AGREE or DISAGREE: Neither. Both disappear, both shine. It's all about the match-ups. Same.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is: Staying healthy.

Lots of well deserved love for Boozer in this thread.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

I love you all <3

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    C - Noah/Mohammed
    ^Thomas was not retained, Snell is being developed as a SG, and Thibs bases his rotation on overlap, not single positions.
    I don't think ppl usually make those depth lists as interpretations of definitive rotations. Obviously lots of teams have overlap - 10 players don't play every game.

But, I admit, I do know some ppl post the overlap on their depth lists. ...Kinda why I prefer a pure vertical listing w/ the bench in order of position. Just makes things easier. Ppl aren't too stupid to figure out depth anyway.

Noah
    Boozer
    Deng
    J. Butler
    Rose
    -------
    Nazr
    Taj
    E. Murphy
    Dunleavy
    Snell
    Hinrich
    Teague

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

really, you didnt get this?

If you were (currently) a bulls fan, (then) it would have meant that lebron had signed with chicago. In other words, the only way you would every be a fan of a team is if your one true love had signed with them.

1. nope. noah is a very good player but rose is clearly more impactful

2. im not really sure what the consensus opinion on jimmy buckets is, but id see him as a talented young player, with good upside, but unlikely to become an all-star. i havent seen a ton of him though, so im not too sure. definitely a top notch defender, and fits in thibs system very well.

3. they obviously need to improve the offense. they were 8th worst in the league on offense, and 6th best on defense. rose returning should help a lot, and if noah and butler can continue to improve they could improve enough to have a shot at taking out miami.

4. agree. boozer is a better scorer and passer, and when hes feeling it, you can run your offense through him for stretches, which cant be said about gibson. but gibson is miles better on defense and a much better athlete.

5. maybe rose has just spent the last 15 months shooting, and watching tape, and comes back a more well rounded pg, and leads the bulls to an elite offense.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

why are some of these stickied but not the others? Its not like these two are particularly longer than the others

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.
    Edit: Just read through all the responses, and I went more "answer the question"... but I don't think it's necessarily "creativity" that the Bulls lack, but rather a second scorer that can create his own shot, and then also a few (more?) 3p threats.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:

1) True, but only because we've seen it. Noah can lead them to the second round every year without Rose. But he would need a Rose to lead them to the Finals. I don't know Rose's ceiling without Noah.

2) Define THAT GOOD? Yes, he's pretty good now, and he certainly has the potential for 1st/2nd team All-D, along with a good scoring clip. Superstar status? Maybe, maybe not... But he certainly was not an All-Star caliber player last year, nor do I expect him to be one this year.

3) Good lord, yes.

4) As long as #3 is True, this is False. Boozer just offers more offensive diversity than Taj, and that's clearly necessary on a team so devoid of offensive talent.

5) Lebron. We've all seen what the Bulls can do, and they're probably close to maxed out in terms of how good they can be, can go, etc (with Butler being an exception). But as long as Lebron is teaming up with other stars in the East, and they are staying relatively healthy, I'm not sure the Bulls can get past him.

To Bagel:
    I would revise the depth chart (unless you got it from a site/source). I would do it as such:

PG -- Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    SG -- Butler/Hinrich/Snell
    SF -- Deng/Dunleavy/Snell (obviously Butler plays here, too, but I don't put starts in multiple places like I do bench)
    PF -- Boozer/Taj/Murphy
    C -- Noah/Mohammed
    Last edited by kshutts1; 08-16-2013 at 12:13 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    C - Noah/Mohammed
    Didn't see this when I made my "corrections".

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    really, you didnt get this?

If you were (currently) a bulls fan, (then) it would have meant that lebron had signed with chicago. In other words, the only way you would every be a fan of a team is if your one true love had signed with them.
    But I only became a LeBron fan because he joined my team. Why the hell would I be a LeBron fan if he was a Bull?

False. D-Rose is their MVP. While Joakim is a pretty important part of their team, D-Rose is the guy thats going to have the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter and making all the plays.

False, I don't think he'll be an allstar or anything but he's the perfect role player. He stepped up big last season and hurt my Nets pretty bad in the playoffs. He'll be even better when Rose comes back and all the defense focuses on him.

True, I think if they want to take the next step and beat Miami, they have to improve their offense.

Disagree, unless Taj develops a consistent jumpshot like Boozer has, Boozer should stay starting and Taj should come off the bench for defensive matchups.

If Derrick Rose can find a way to score against LeBron James, the Bulls have a shot at the finals. Easier said then done though.