Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Chicago Bulls Edition

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    why are some of these stickied but not the others? Its not like these two are particularly longer than the others
    i was wondering that too lol

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    If you were a Bulls fan it would have meant LeBron signed with Chicago.

1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

False. Joakim Noah is my dude. He's everything you want out of a player regardless of sport. I like to say that Derrick Rose is the heart of the Bulls but Jo is the soul. They are the top 2 players on the team clearly but Rose was one of the best players in the league and a former MVP. Derrick has a lot to prove again coming back but so does Joakim in the health department. Jo has missed A LOT of regular season games the last 3-4 years. It's time to limit his minutes slightly and make sure he is primed for the playoffs. This is the Bulls team as constructed, last chance at Miami as constructed.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Jimmy Butler is THAT good.

"Before the 2011 draft, one NBA general manager said about Butler, "His story is one of the most remarkable I've seen in all my years of basketball. There were so many times in his life where he was set up to fail. Every time, he overcame just enormous odds. When you talk to him

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

False. Joakim Noah is my dude. He's everything you want out of a player regardless of sport. I like to say that Derrick Rose is the heart of the Bulls but Jo is the soul. They are the top 2 players on the team clearly but Rose was one of the best players in the league and a former MVP. Derrick has a lot to prove again coming back but so does Joakim in the health department. Jo has missed A LOT of regular season games the last 3-4 years. It's time to limit his minutes slightly and make sure he is primed for the playoffs. This is the Bulls team as constructed, last chance at Miami as constructed.

"Before the 2011 draft, one NBA general manager said about Butler, "His story is one of the most remarkable I've seen in all my years of basketball. There were so many times in his life where he was set up to fail. Every time, he overcame just enormous odds. When you talk to him — and he's hesitant to talk about his life — you just have this feeling that this kid has greatness in him."............

I love that quote, Im not saying i think he will ever be a superstar or even an all-star(decent chance), but with where his defense was at last year combined with what looks to be an already passable outside/3pt shot(38%season/40%playoffs), a 40 inch vertical, and 6'7/220lb frame....there's a lot to like. He has the perfect coach and team to reach his potential. With Rose back, its hard to predict Jimmy's numbers, but those 2 are gonna be a problem for a lot of teams.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.

I will at least say their 4th quarter offensive creativity. This team has no real newcomers outside of Dunleavy, so improvement has to come from within and through continuity. I think Jimmy and Deng w/ Derrick in the 4th will really help Rose when getting doubled. Boozer needs to have another year like he did last year and the Bulls offense all together will be MUCH improved. I predict a top 5-7 offense.

4. AGREE or DISAGREE: More Taj Gibson, Less Carlos Boozer.

I forget who hit it on the head but it's definitely a situational matter. If teams play small ball, especially Miami w/ Lebron at 4, then youre gonna probably have to go w/ Taj in the crunch since he and Joakim have shown the ability to stay w/ LBgay better than most bigs who have to switch onto him because of a pick. However we know Boozer is a much better scorer and happens to be a great passer most of the time. Thibs has had his hands full w/ this situation since Taj's rookie year.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:

INJURIES: Rose and Noah namely. Deng has been playing through a wrist injury that could have been surgically repaired 3 seasons ago. He doesn't get enough credit for his toughness. Deng also has had his longest break from basketball maybe in his whole career with missing the end of the playoffs and having the summer off w/ no commitments to England bball or anything else. Hinrich will absolutely miss some games but the 2nd unit REALLY needs him for the playoffs. He has always bothered Wade and steps up to the challenge against Miami.
    This team has had one shot at Miami healthy in 2011 and that was when Derrick Rose was 21/22 and had not been out of the 1st round. Noah wasnt what he is now and Boozer was in his first year in Chicago and wasn't all that good. This team if healthy is as loaded as they have been in the Rose/Thibs era. I think if healthy the Bulls finally overcome the Heat if they meet in the playoffs, but i also don't think the Bulls will stay healthy enough. I just have to go w/ the track record of injuries the last 3 seasons. The Bulls are an injury plagued team. Will be interesting to see if Miami finally gets bad luck w/ injuries. And dont tell me Wade was injured last year, because that man is always injured and is only getting older and more broken down. Thats just who he is now.

Good work Dengness

I have written so much about the upcoming Bulls season, I just couldn't be fcked putting another post on it. But, I pretty much think the same way on you with this...Whether Bulls win or lose against the Heat this year, I figure a pretty big showdown will take place if everything falls right injury wise. This team is definately better than 2011, Dunleavy is the perfect addition and fit IMO.

Lets wait and see, offseason is killing me

I'll say this, if healthy (big if), Bulls can beat Miami, especially considering Wade's history of injuries and big mileage the Heat are racking up with their previous deep playoffs runs. There will eventually be an East team that takes advantage of that, hopefully it'll be us

Da Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Good work Dengness

I have written so much about the upcoming Bulls season, I just couldn't be fcked putting another post on it. But, I pretty much think the same way on you with this...Whether Bulls win or lose against the Heat this year, I figure a pretty big showdown will take place if everything falls right injury wise. This team is definately better than 2011, Dunleavy is the perfect addition and fit IMO.

Lets wait and see, offseason is killing me

Word my dude! We have always seen eye to eye usually when it comes to our Bullies. Let's just hope for good health when it matters!!!!

Last year's offseason was awful because of how tragically the season ended....

But this offseason is worse to me because we thought we would have maybe seen Derrick play last year but since it didnt happen our expectations are even higher and we all just want our MVP back!

The return is coming and we know its gonna get wild.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I'll say this, if healthy (big if), Bulls can beat Miami, especially considering Wade's history of injuries and big mileage the Heat are racking up with their previous deep playoffs runs. There will eventually be an East team that takes advantage of that, hopefully it'll be us

Da Bulls

False, though Noah is the most important part of the defense, Rose is their only elite offensive source and what will take them deep into playoffs.

By "that good" if you mean one of the new promising SFs that will develop into solid role players/3rd options then yes. He is in that Parsons/Barnes/Leonard tier and is steadily improving. His poise and maturity in the playoffs was something else. He guarded the best player on the planet for long stretches better than anyone else. He played 40+ minutes every game and gave the team everything he had. He never talked trash or got into the childish fights even when there was so much tension between Bulls and Heat players. He is a true professional, but I don't think he can be an all-star. Though he is worthy of All D second team and can be a 16/8/3/2/1 type player.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.

Neither. They just need shooters, they already have great ball and body movement. With Rose in 2012 they were a Top 3 most efficient offense. With Dunleavy and Butler on the wings and Rose breaking down the defense the offense should be much better this year. Though I still don't trust garbage Deng, he misses more WIDE OPEN 3s than anyone else. And as long as Deng is on the court and playing vs Lebron, James is guaranteed 30/8/8 on 60% every game.

Neither, both of them suck and have regressed. Boozer's D makes Bargnani and Pau Gasoft look like D Howard. But Gibson still hasn't developed an offensive game and is one dimensional himself. Boozer should be fine in regular season but come playoff time he will most likely vanish again when going up against Bosh. And I expect more shocked Noah faces when Boozer blows an assignment and gives up a wide open lane to the basket over and over.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:

Their shooting, if they can punish Miami for their swarming defense and overhelping on Rose's penetration, they have a good chance to advance. 2011 can't happen again when Rose gets triple teamed and they have no shooters to make Heat pay while Boozer/Deng disappear under the pressure.

False. Rose is still their best player but Noah isn't far behind in terms of importance.

He's good but we need to see how he'll develop. I don't expect him to become a star in this league.

True.

Depends on the situation.

Jimmy Butler. If he can develop into a star Bulls would be hard to beat.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    No draft, signings done, no Summer League. Two months of nothingness......so it's time to do some ANALYSIS!!! One team at a time!!!

A brand new series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we?

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213
    Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651
    Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158
    Charlotte Bobcats: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310309

Today's team?

[COLOR="Red"]THE CHICAGO BULLS

PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    SG - Butler/Dunleavy
    SF - Deng/Snell/Thomas
    PF - Boozer/Gibson/Murphy
    C - Noah/Mohammed

Head Coach - Tom Thibodeau
    General Manager - Gar Forman[/COLOR]

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/COLOR]. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Cavaliers? Send me a PM with ideas.

1. False- Bulls cant get past Miami without a superstar. Noah is the teams defensive anchor but without Roses ability to create shots they can't hope to get past great defensive teams such as Pacers or Heat.
    2. Hes a good role player.

3. Of course they gonna be limited when they don't have that go to scoring option in Rose.

4. More Taj Gibson, great hustle explosiveness. Boozer cant defend anyone and hes looked less and less impressive with his post game as the years go on. Now if he could actually get some lift back in himself obviously more Boozer.

5. Only 1 X Factor and we know who that is...

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/COLOR]. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Cavaliers? Send me a PM with ideas.

1) I'm going to say yes, Noah is more valuable than Rose, but only because of the layout of the depth, and the way the team plays. It's by no means a case that Noah is a better player than Rose in a vacuum. The front line depth on this team is a problem. The Tony Snell pick I understand, because he fits the mold of a Thibs player. He's basically another swing at Jimmy Butler. But when I wrote my mock draft, I had them choosing between Olynek and Dieng (of which I believe I wrote I'd take Olynek for the variation, and thought they'd go Dieng because he so fit their culture). Now I don't recollect off the top of my head how the draft fell, but I know there were lots of bigs, and I thought they'd be chasing one. Injuries or not, this is a team that played Nazr Mohammad significant minutes in the playoffs.
    The offense is limited, and they Neeeed Rose more than most good teams need their star to get easy buckets for them, because they don't get them out of scheme. But defensively this team stays in almost every game, giving them a consistent punchers chance, and I think Noah is the keystone to that.

2) Jimmy Butler is THAT good. But I guess it depends on what THAT good means to you. My gut feeling is that these types of players have gone from being underrated, to being a little overrated because a nickname is being bestowed upon them. The 3-D player. Meaning shoot threes and defend. They're not the wings of 10-15 years ago when everyone was looking for extra ballhandling. As PG play has improved in the league, guys who on a playground would be "better players", guys with wider skillsets, have started to slip backwards to guys with more focused skillsets. Just D up, knock down open looks, and run with my guys. Why pay for more than that if you're not going to use it. Snell is certainly being groomed the same way. While Deng, a much more complete player, is almost certainly on his way out the door (albeit mainly for money reasons).

3) I absolutely agree that this team has to become more pliable offensively, and I actually think they will. Part is because they didn't have Rose so long last year, we saw some other options. Butler obviously broke out. Deng had a monster first half of the season. Boozer is limited, but he is a good option offensively on the block. I also am curious to see what they do with Dunleavy, who's not what he was, but does provide some ball handling that may let Rose play without the ball some.

4) I'd love to say yes to more Taj, but unfortunately due to the lack of offensive options on this team, Boozer's post game and mid range jumper are simply too hard to take off the floor. Now he doesn't fit this teams identity, and Taj does, but Taj to me fits better behind both guys. Meaning Less Nazr Mohommad. Which is good.

5) I'm gonna say Deng. It's a contract year, and the guy is almost never 100% by the end of the year. He blew his game out some without Rose around first half last year, and if he can maintain that with Rose around, this team becomes a lot better offensively.

1. false

2. true

3. false

4. true

5. no injuries

Tralse. They both need each other.

False. Just another case of a player getting overhyped because he played good against Lebron.

True.

Disagree. The Bulls are already lacking in offensive firepower. They can afford to feature Boozer for the extra offense. They can't afford to feature Gibson for the extra defense he provides.

another CONSISTENT scoring option aside from Derrick Rose. Boozer is too inconsistent.
    Last edited by I<3NBA; 08-21-2013 at 03:41 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    False. D-Rose is their MVP. While Joakim is a pretty important part of their team, D-Rose is the guy thats going to have the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter and making all the plays.

False, I don't think he'll be an allstar or anything but he's the perfect role player. He stepped up big last season and hurt my Nets pretty bad in the playoffs. He'll be even better when Rose comes back and all the defense focuses on him.

True, I think if they want to take the next step and beat Miami, they have to improve their offense.

Disagree, unless Taj develops a consistent jumpshot like Boozer has, Boozer should stay starting and Taj should come off the bench for defensive matchups.

If Derrick Rose can find a way to score against LeBron James, the Bulls have a shot at the finals. Easier said then done though.

1. False. No way to really quantify, but I'm more confident in their chances with if they had Rose instead of Noah instead of vice-versa. They don't win a championship without either of them though.

2. True. Assuming THAT GOOD means starter on a championship team that can give the elite players fits defensively and is capable of having a 20-25 point game and hitting big shots. If its all-star then that remains to be seen.

3. True. Obvious.

4. Agree. With Rose back, I think Gibson is more valuable. Boozer usually is a letdown in the playoffs anyway.

5. Taj Gibson. If he can improve his offense and handle more minutes, and make Boozer more expendable in the process, it would be huge. We already know what we will get from Rose, Noah, Deng, and Boozer.

FALSE
    FALSE
    TRUE
    less boozer.
    maybe hinrich but it wont happen