Default Wolves draft Zach LaVine

The Minnesota Timberwolves tonight selected guard Zach LaVine from UCLA with the 13th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

LaVine, a 6-5 guard, appeared in all 37 games, making one start, as a freshman at UCLA this past season. He averaged 9.4 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game, earning Pac 12 All-Freshman honors. He connected on 37.5% from three-point range, finishing the year with 48 made three-pointers, the second-highest made three-pointers by a UCLA freshman in school history. LaVine scored in double figures in 17 games, including nine of his first 10 contests.

Originally from Seattle, Wash., LaVine was a three-year varsity basketball letterwinner at Bothell High School. He was named the 2013 Associated Press Washington state player of the year after averaging 28.5 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game as a senior. His play earned him Class 4A All-State honors, in addition to being named Washington's Mr. Basketball by the Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association.

Default Re: Wolves draft Zach LaVine

Flip Saunders, Wolves coach and president of basketball operations, said the team had pegged LaVine as a potential draft pick when he came out of high school and followed him throughout last season.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Flip Saunders is going to have a run n gun offense. I can't wait to see Lavine, Muhammad, Brewer and GR3 out there. We have some young guys that need some minutes in recovery from Adelman's coaching. I want to see Lavine and Muhammad the most! I think Muhammad could be a 6th man given some minutes. He looked good last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Flip Saunders is going to have a run n gun offense. I can't wait to see Lavine, Muhammad, Brewer and GR3 out there. We have some young guys that need some minutes in recovery from Adelman's coaching. I want to see Lavine and Muhammad the most! I think Muhammad could be a 6th man given some minutes. He looked good last year.

I hope Flip just opens the offense up and let the Wolves run n gun. We will play some defense. But for the most part, just let them play. I can't wait.