Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Sleu27's Avatar

Default Re: Chauncey Billups Comment On The Lakers

he so scared

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    and what did chauncey think he was doing when he ran to the clippers with kmart, paul, butler and griffin
    Paul wasn't a Clipper until after Clippers claimed Chauncey and K-Mart joined in the middle of the season and was pretty much doo-doo all year.

But then again, why am I bothering responding to a troll who has never contributed anything positive to this board besides to his fellow KLFs.

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Now subtract Williams, Martin, Young, and Foye

for

Crawford, Hill, Odom, and Turiaf

Poor Clippers fans indeed.
    What happened to Hill being old, Turiaf being trash, Crawford and Odom being old and washed up?

Not airballing my layups anymore Sleu27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Paul wasn't a Clipper until after Clippers claimed Chauncey and K-Mart joined in the middle of the season and was pretty much doo-doo all year.

But then again, why am I bothering responding to a troll who has never contributed anything positive to this board besides to his fellow KLFs.

What happened to Hill being old, Turiaf being trash, Crawford and Odom being old and washed up?
    Idk about you but it just always seems like everyone going to play for the clippers always plays like trash

lol Lakers don't scare me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleu27
    Idk about you but it just always seems like everyone going to play for the clippers always plays like trash

Reggie Evans had the biggest 15 minutes of his career with the Clippers. Same with Nick Young. And Paul, Billups & Butler all played like trash as well.

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

and what did chauncey think he was doing when he ran to the clippers with kmart, paul, butler and griffin

Butler was the only new player the Clippers got because Olshey grabbed Chauncey from the amnesty. If I remember correctly, Chauncey was pissed and Olshey apologized to him. Paul and KMart came after Billups was already on the Clippers.

I'm a Laker fan too, but I'm not going to make up shit just because Billups is being competitive. Name me one player who has ever said that they were scared of another team.

The Clippers respect Chauncey a lot. Even after he got injured, they dressed his locker for both away and home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    "They are trying to stack the deck over there, but I tell you what -- I'm very pleased with my team and what we've been able to do and I will just say this -- don't nobody scare me, man,"

Pretty much a non story but lately tons of players have shrugged off the question with "I don't care" so it's pretty interesting to get a real response.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012082.../1051/sports03

Edit: His rehab is going great should be ready first month of the season.
    If DJ improves his low post game, and Griffin improves his low post game and mid-range jumper, the Clippers will be the better team.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    If DJ improves his low post game, and Griffin improves his low post game and mid-range jumper, the Clippers will be the better team.
    If Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe improve consistently no question. Lakers will be more hyped but Clippers core of Griffin, CP3, DJ and Bledsoe can be great for a decade. Bledsoe will get the starting 2 job when Billups retires in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe improve consistently no question. Lakers will be more hyped but Clippers core of Griffin, CP3, DJ and Bledsoe can be great for a decade. Bledsoe will get the starting 2 job when Billups retires in 2 years.
    Dude you need to have a rest regarding Bledsoe. Dude is 6 foot tall, he cannot be a starting NBA 2.
    Trust me, if he had any sort of above average potential, Sam Presti wouldn't have traded him for a protected pick.
    He does NOT have star potential. Stop saying that. He is a defensive athletic career backup at the one.
    DJ is what he is, he wont improve too much other than in his consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Dude you need to have a rest regarding Bledsoe. Dude is 6 foot tall, he cannot be a starting NBA 2.
    Trust me, if he had any sort of above average potential, Sam Presti wouldn't have traded him for a protected pick.
    He does NOT have star potential. Stop saying that. He is a defensive athletic career backup at the one.
    DJ is what he is, he wont improve too much other than in his consistency.
    Bledsoe is 6'1 with a 6'8+ wingspan. If he can do a fantastic job guarding Manu and giving him problems he can guard any SG in the league outside of Kobe and Joe Johnson currently... guys who are dominant in the post for SG's. He's 195 pounds and strong as an ox and his athleticism, lateral speed and defensive instincts allow him to guard 1's and 2's.

As for potential or not.... your argument is weak. Presti traded him so he can't be good . Obviously he's a lot better than Presti knew which is why he's reportedly got a very high value around the league right now and did fantastic in the playoffs. Presti missed out on Bledsoe and even if he never improves after the 2012 playoffs Bledsoe would be a great backup PG and addition to OKC.

Dude has all star potential in my opinion and realistically will be a capable starter or dominant 6th man, especially defensively. Which is far more valuable than an 18 pick which again SAM PRESTI blew.

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Clippers got him off amnesty, it's not like he had a choice. Also it was before the Paul trade IIRC.

This is why I DO hope Bledsoe starts the season and CP3 is out a few weeks. So people will finally STFU and stop doubting Bledsoe. I said dude was a stud since his rookie year and people thought I was nuts. The playoffs proved it to some, but a large group of people still act like dude is an average role player potential player.