Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: who else is part of the "lakers will dominate the regular season and playoffs" club

The scary part of the lakers is that they have the potential to be a top 5 defensive team mainly because you will not want to drive on them with the best defensive center and a 7foot power forward. Then on the wing you got artest and kobe. This will be the first season since the title runs with shaq that kobe will not have to roam free to help (dwight got that) and can actually stay with his man.

They also have the ability to be top 5 offensive. Even if you view dwight as a negative trade off offensively with bynum, the addition of nash will alone be good enough for an additional 8 ppg. Also the lakers bench last year was terrible but now they got a guy that averaged 17ppg last season and finally got an adequate backup to kobe who can also give you 8-10.

my question is when was the last time that the league had a team in the top 5 of offense and defense? add that to the fact that the same team has two players at the top of their position, 1 player top 5-6 in his position and another in the top 10 of his. Thats more than scary

Default Re: who else is part of the "lakers will dominate the regular season and playoffs" club

if they DOMINATE the regular season, they will be burnt by the time playoffs come around. They just need to focus on being in the top 3 in the west and save whats in the tank for when it matters

Very good NBA starter

Let's be serious for a 2nd, the Lakers are going to wipe the floor with the competition. All this chemistry issues nonsense is just wishful thinking from fans of opposing teams. What's scary about the Lakers is that the pieces fit so well together. They will be dominant the only thing stopping them is health.

I rule the local playground

not me....not yet.....too early to tell

although i can see how miami will be running on cloud 9 with their title and not see the necessity

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    He makes more Lebron hate threads than Laker threads.
    No, he averages about one Kobe driven agenda/prop Kobe up with some idiotic stance/suck Kobe's d**k thread per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    I wonder why so many people still have the thunder over LA.....90% of the Lakers problems against OKC were PNRs, and Bench production. LA has fixed both.
    Yep....Lakers will go 68-14 in the regular season and "Fo, fo, fo, fo" their way to a championship. Lord knows the Thunder aren't going to be any better because they've reached their ceiling; and I'm sure the Heat are just going to be on cruise control the whole year since LeBron finally got his ring.

I sure didn't say or imply that. Do you guys even realize that you hate LA so much you make yourselves sound stupid?

Damn. You act like Dwight, Nash, Jamison, Meeks, isn't an upgrade. If any other team would have gotten those players, you would be sloppering down their dikks this very moment. Fck dumbass. I didn't mention the heat. Instead of worrying about hating LA, you need to hope Lebron gets injured so your team can get past the wcf.
    Trust me, with some of the ignorant Kobe d***riding you do, you make yourself look stupid more times in one week than most posters do in a year.

Besides, it was a joke. I'm just getting sick of Lakers fans thinking all their problems are now solved and they're clearly better than the Thunder. Of course the Lakers will be better, but don't sit there and act like OKC won't be better, either. Sometimes all it takes is your 22 and 23 year old core, coming off a Finals appearance, getting a year older and getting back a player like Eric Maynor to improve.

I wouldn't be slobbering all over any other team if they made these same moves, either. I don't hate the Lakers. I can't stand Lakers fans and the Kobe stans. Those are the ones that make this place borderline unbearable at times.
    Last edited by KG215; 08-25-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Local High School Star

I sure didn't say or imply that. Do you guys even realize that you hate LA so much you make yourselves sound stupid?

Damn. You act like Dwight, Nash, Jamison, Meeks, isn't an upgrade. If any other team would have gotten those players, you would be sloppering down their dikks this very moment. Fck dumbass. I didn't mention the heat. Instead of worrying about hating LA, you need to hope Lebron gets injured so your team can get past the wcf.
    That's true that people act as if it's no big deal. I guarantee that if Dwight went to the bulls people would say they could be champs, so putting him with Kobe, Nash pau and Jamison will give them less???

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    That's true that people act as if it's no big deal. I guarantee that if Dwight went to the bulls people would say they could be champs, so putting him with Kobe, Nash pau and Jamison will give them less???
    And people were saying the same things about the Lakers when the Howard deal happened! This is like the 10th time this same poster has started pretty much the exact same thread. Throw in the other 40 or 50 similar threads in the last few weeks, and it's gotten to the "just shut-up already" point.

Learning to shoot layups iDunkOreo's Avatar

Dictator, how do Kobe's nuts taste?

NBA rookie of the year

Bookmarked for future lulz when Durantula and GOATbrook send the Lakers home in 5 games again.

Your dumbass thinks anyone who says Kobe's a good player is a dickrider.
    That's not what I'm saying or doing. If I see someone like kennethgriffin starts a thread like "Why Kobe is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Hakeem" or "Why Shaq isn't even close to Kobe all-time", and people come in there and make other baseless arguments or simply agree with him without putting anything into context, that's when I call them a stan. If that's not you, then I apologize.

I'm sick of you retarded posters being biased becuse you hate Kobe. No it wasn't a joke you fck.
    Yes, it was a joke dumbass. If you thought I was being serious after I said the Lakers will "Fo, fo, fo, fo" their way to a championship, then that's your problem.

What kind of celtics fan hypes up the Heat, a team your team will probably never beat until Lebron or Dwade retires.
    Find one post where I've hyped up the heat. Find a time or post where I've "hyped" up the Heat and said there's no way the Lakers can't beat them.

Oh, and I'm not a Celtics fan, but good try.

Didn't you even watch the fcking finals. Westbrook was sprinting through PNR's like on one was on the court. Lakers were 3 games from being in the finals, with no bench. Of course they've gotten better. Any average troll can notice that.
    And I am a Thunder fan so yes, I did watch the Finals, and their other 15 playoff games. You'll have to help me out, because I can't seem to remember anywhere where I said the Lakers didn't get better.

I don't even know why you would give a fck about the thunder either. They'd straight chit on your team.
    I guess the avatar didn't give it away? Why would I have one of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden if I was a fan of another team?

Anyway.....what kind celtics fan rides the dick of the team that just beat you in the wcf. If anything, you should be hoping LA, or the Thunder crush the Heat.The fck kind of chit is that?
    Even if I were a Celtics fan, how would they have just been beaten by the Thunder in the WCF?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    That's not what I'm saying or doing. If I see someone like kennethgriffin starts a thread like "Why Kobe is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Hakeem" or "Why Shaq isn't even close to Kobe all-time", and people come in there and make other baseless arguments or simply agree with him without putting anything into context, that's when I call them a stan. If that's not you, then I apologize.
    I never start those types of shitty threads. I've only made 3 threads I think, one was about Dirk being Married, the other one was "what is Scott Brooks doing?, and the third one was about a nba player's life. Hell, most of the time I report those threads, because I know you guys get tired of trolls posting retarded nonsense.

I really don't give a fck tho, just seems like everyone keeps saying the thunder is so much than LA. We'll see in a few months. I'll be leaving now.

I rep Lakers!

Yeah Lakers will beast ala a 2009 type of run.

60 wins(dwight is out for a bit)

4-0 over nuggest
    4-0 over clippers
    4-2 over okc(westbrook will run riot)
    4-3 over miami(only reason they get 3 wins is because of lebrons greatness, and to be honest at this stage it feels wrong to bet against him but this laker team is such a power house on paper)