Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LAL|LAC

Default Re: Pray for me fellow Lakers fans.

best of luck to you bro, stay strong.

Thanks everybody for the prayers! i just got back from my first chemo treatment and the dr. got all of my tests back and said they all came back actually better than he excpected. ill be on chemo for a few months to make me a surgery canidate and then they are going to cutall of this shit out of me. my dr. said i may be the only documented case of this cancer progressing this much this young. so there is no real prognosis because there is nothing to base it off. but its looking very good since i have my youth and i am in really good shape. Time to kick cancers ass.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Droth24
    Thanks everybody for the prayers! i just got back from my first chemo treatment and the dr. got all of my tests back and said they all came back actually better than he excpected. ill be on chemo for a few months to make me a surgery canidate and then they are going to cutall of this shit out of me. my dr. said i may be the only documented case of this cancer progressing this much this young. so there is no real prognosis because there is nothing to base it off. but its looking very good since i have my youth and i am in really good shape. Time to kick cancers ass.
    Go get em kid.....

Banned

Yo Droth my prayers are with man. You beat this and continue to cheer on the Lakers with the rest of us. Never lose hope brother.

stay strong. we're here for you!

Shocking news. I'll be praying for you.

Praying for you, my thoughts are with you....you will beat this.

Banned

BTW.. Droth if you received the text it really was me.. I dont know if you still go the old number tho.. just sending good wishes..

Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

my thoughts are with you bro! stay strong.

I rule the local playground GMW's Avatar

Wow I don't know what to say... life can be harsh sometimes. My thoughts are with you man, and I hope with all my heart you can pull through and beat this!

Da Mavs

I will keep you in my prayers bro, keep your head up and we're here anytime you want to talk.

You will defeat Cancer for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Droth24

Praying for you bro! You can beat it!

My mother and Grandmother both got diagnose with cancer a year a part a couple of years back. And both of them now are cancer free and are healthy today!!! God bless you will be in my prayers!!! You can beat it!!!

NBA lottery pick

I wish you the best, it's sad to see something like this happen to anyone. You sound like you have the right attitude and that's a huge part of beating something like this. Hopefully it turns out well.

I am sure you will be alright, and you will look back 20 years from now proud of how you were able to get through it. It will be tough couple years from now while chemotherapy is going. You will stumble along the way, be frustrated and even be angry at times, but I am sure if you keep your mind strong, you will get through it. Just focus on a day at a time and one chemotherapy session at a time.

What year of highschool are you in? My guess is senior year at 17 (I graduated at 18). If you have to, you can always start college a couple years later than normal and just think about relaxing while chemotherapy is going (of course, college work will help take your mind off the chemotherapy; everyone handles things differently so I dunno about you). You can always start off on a fairly easy course load; I suggest part-time college (8-9 credits). You will have enough work to keep your mind focused on something other than the chemotherapy/cancer but not enough for the work to become a burden.

Anyways, keep us updated on how it is going. It is OK to be nervous and even disappointed somewhat, but it is how you deal with it starting this day forth. Leave the disappointment/upset feelings aside, and keep up the "I am going to tackle this down the NFL way." Put all of your feelings, emotion and everything you can draw from your inner-being into the fight. I am sure you will get through.

Keep up the positive thinking.

Something I learned from oncology, parasitology, and toxicology classes that might help you later in in life is to stay away from hardcore sushi or anything not fully cooked in general if one has weaker GI system. The cooking detox/neutralize/denature most toxins released from those living organisms defense mechanism.