Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron + Carter?

What about w/ Chicago? VC for 2010 expirer Hughes and young Ben Gordon that would be perfect for bothteams. Chicago gets their go to guy and NJ gets a good young player and 13 mill expirer...

Default Re: LeBron James fans I got a question for you.

Quote Originally Posted by High Potential
    Will all of the "Cavs fans" stop being Cavs fans once Lebron leaves? I mean, he's basically the whole team.

Not me. I was a fan before he got there, and I will continue to be so after he left.

The Cavaliers are bigger than LeBron James. They are forever. LeBron, like every other player in league history, will have a rising to the top, a few years at that peak, and then a downward sprial. The organization will move on.

I remember when Lamond Murray was our top scoring threat.........when Chris Mihm was a rookie with "promise," and when Kemp was still a legit NBA player.......

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I don't think the Nets are going to go that far...If they gave Carter to Cleveland, Lebron would have reason to stay. Plus they already will have cap space for Lebron with a lot of expiring contracts that summer.
    Completely correct. Nets will never trade VC with Cavs - gauranteed.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    What about w/ Chicago? VC for 2010 expirer Hughes and young Ben Gordon that would be perfect for bothteams. Chicago gets their go to guy and NJ gets a good young player and 13 mill expirer...
    I like that trade...Good for my Bulls :P

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I'd rather Chicago go after Melo with something along the lines of Kirk+Deng+draft pick. I guess they could still trade for VC also, but then it would just be harder to build around Rose + Melo with VC's contract.
    Last edited by guy; 06-28-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'd rather Chicago go after Melo with something along the lines of Kirk+Deng+draft pick. I guess they could still trade for VC also, but then it would just be harder to build around Rose + Melo with VC's contract.
    Chicago won't get Melo for just Hinrich and Deng....

The Hughes/Gordon/1st rounder for VC I think is fair...they'd have to throw in Ager to to make the contracts work with Gordon and what he'll probably get...

Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Who the Cavs should go after is Antoine Walker. He will be happy to chuck 3s from Lebron passouts.

Default Re: LeBron James fans I got a question for you.

lebron should go to orlando and win some with dwight and lewis

lineup:pg:jameer
    sg:mo evens
    sf:lebron
    pf:lewis
    C:howard

forget turks and get darrall auther

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    Chicago won't get Melo for just Hinrich and Deng....

The Hughes/Gordon/1st rounder for VC I think is fair...they'd have to throw in Ager to to make the contracts work with Gordon and what he'll probably get...
    Hughes/Gordon/1st for Carter/Ager seems fair to me:)

KG >> Duncan, Kobe

It wouldn't matter, Boston will still crush them.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
    It wouldn't matter, Boston will still crush them.
    crush? how is losing in a 7th game getting crushed?

Why would New Jersey refuse? Good luck paying him for the next 3 years which will end with him getting paid 17 million when he's 35 years old.

Only the Cavs are desperate enough to waive an expirer in the Nets face.

Default LeBron aware that Nets, Knicks looking to snag All-Star in future

NEW YORK -- All that LeBron James-to-the-Knicks speculation might be focused on the right city but the wrong team.

It appears, judging from James' comments Monday, that the Nets might be James' preferred destination if he opts out of his contract in the summer of 2010 and becomes an unrestricted free agent.

James listed New York as his favorite city Monday (his hometown of Akron, Ohio came in fifth behind Washington D.C., Dallas, and Los Angeles) as he took part in a one-day USA Basketball media blitz, and he also gave an answer to a follow-up question that'll make Knicks president Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D'Antoni cringe.

"My favorite borough? Brooklyn," James said, choosing the proposed future home of the New Jersey Nets over the borough of Manhattan, where the Knicks play their home games. "Brooklyn is definitely a great place here in New York City, and some of my best friends are from Brooklyn, so I stick up for them."

"They have a right to dream about it, and I can't take that away from them. My friendship was way before Jay was part-owner of the Nets, and I loved the Garden way before I got to the NBA," James said. "For some reason when I get to the Garden I always play well, so they want me to do it 41 games instead of just two nights a year."

Knicks fans were in abundant supply at midday Monday as James and the rest of Team USA were introduced at a Nike press conference at Rockefeller Center, and James played to the crowd like a true showman -- sprinting with a wide smile and open arms into bleacher seats erected at both ends of a temporary court, embracing dozens of youngsters clad in blue "United We Rise" T-shirts.

Earlier, James waved demonstrably at a boatful of tourists from the deck of a ship the team chartered for a photo shoot in New York Harbor with the Statue of Liberty as the backdrop.

"I never thought about doing it, but once you get out there & I'm a big kid personally, I got two young sons at home and I know what they like, so anytime I get around a group of kids it's like a kid in the candy store for me. So, I'm happy I was able to put smiles on those kids faces," James said. "It made my day, totally."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173

This is going to be the biggest decision of LeBron James if he will stay in Cleveland, or just play for a big market team in 2010, if the Cavs management aren't capable of giving him a decent supporting casts in the 2008-09 Season.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron aware that Nets, Knicks looking to snag All-Star in future

not the cavs

moc.spoohedisni KobesOneUglyTat's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron aware that Nets, Knicks looking to snag All-Star in future

LeBron screwed the Cavs over in the summer of 05, a year before he was eligable to be extended, forcing the team to throw money at hughes, damon jones, donyell marshall, and Z.

james ruined cleveland's cap.....

the thing is it doesn't matter though....he's signing with the Knicks or Nets in 2010 no matter what.