Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

McAdoo getting outmuscled, out hustled, avoiding contact...he's showed 0 toughness so far.

UNC looking like ass in this first half.

Excited for Pitt/Michigan tomorrow night. Went to the Pitt/Oakland game last saturday and I was not impressed. Our "star" freshman Steven Adams looks to be a big time project for the Pitt coaching staff. We roll out a young line-up so Ill be curious to see how they react to playing a big time school in primetime.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

There is zero leadership on this team. Call a god damn timeout Roy. (He says for the millionth time.)

Screw learning moments. You can only learn so much when your team is getting anally raped.

Fool's gold. UNC fooled their fans by looking impressive by four bad teams. McAdoo fooled us by looking great against four bad teams. First physical decent team we've played, and the lack of experience and leadership is showing tonight, and it's embarrassing.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

They didn't call Kellen Dunham the best shooter at any level of basketball in the state of Indiana for nothin

Saying McAdoo has been bad this game would be a massive compliment.

And I'll finally say something I've been trying to hold-off on saying for a couple or three years now. Roy Williams, without elite recruits, is not a very good coach. I understand there's more to it than that, but he's got four freshmen in this rotation, and none of them are elite type players. All of them are 3-4 year players.

Guys like Bill Self and Coach K (and Brad Stevens) are MUCH better X's and O's coaches. Bill Self loses that many players to the NBA and enters a season where everyone doubts them; they win the Big 12 and make an Elite 8 or Final 4 run. Roy loses a bunch of players to the NBA and UNC is an NIT team.
    Last edited by KG215; 11-20-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Chad Ford is in attendance tonight. I know he doesn't release mock drafts this early (does he?) but, if he did, McAdoo would go from being a top 3-5 pick to a 20-something pick.

Why did it take falling behind by 30 for UNC's perimeter players to pull their heads out of their butts and attack the paint on offense instead of settling for contested jumpers?

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Two of my friends think Georgetown can pull off the upset. Tonight we'll find out just how good Indiana is.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'm glad college hoops is back, but I sure as hell didn't miss Vitale

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Roy is infuriating.

Love the man. Wouldn't rather have any other coach in the country when you consider all the tasks a head coach must deal with (I mean, he shot down Kevin Durant for his principles, ffs). Coach Smith's teaching are fudamental to him and I greatly respect that, especially in the age of AAU basketball. I also realize UNC doesn't have a ton of moral ground to stand on right now, but the basketball program is clean. At least that still follows the "Carolina Way" and that is the way it needs to remain.

But this man is so ****ing stubborn.

I could go on for 10 paragraphs while covering many different facets of that thesis. I'm not going to, though.

All I will is Roy needs to unleash PJ. I don't know what PJ ever did him to be in his doghouse since his arrival at UNC. He takes 1 bad shot and he's yanked. Dex takes 3 horrible shots and he stays in the game until he gives the fatigue sign. Give me a break already.

You give PJ a little leash to play with and he can become the best player on the team. I just don't understand why... And the thing is, PJ has actually developed into a good defensive player. He's terrific on the boards. You punch him in the face, he will murder you. He's everything the team needs.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Grinnell (Div III) player drops 138 points

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...nnell-17774158

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    Grinnell (Div III) player drops 138 points

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...nnell-17774158
    lol @ the box score.

Ball hog

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar