Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Backcourt

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: The Backcourt

Also, Josh Smith took 11 from deep tonight... I am fin with him taking open looks (in which he had about 6 or 7) but he did chuck up about 4 or 5 real bad attempts... I hope this gets rectified as the season goes on instead of him becoming Antoine Walker the 2nd..

Good college starter

Will Bynum: There's a lot of new faces on the team. I really like Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. He has the potential to become a great defender. He has a high basketball IQ and he plays basketball the right way. Chauncey said he was like a Tony Allen/Bruce Bowen type of energetic defender. Everybody was very competitive during the preseason: myself, Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, Charlie Villanueva... Everybody! ********* - See more at: http://*********.com/rumors.htm#sthash.LtbYcO7p.dpuf

Good college starter

Evan Turner and the Sixers GM aren't seeing eye to eye. The Raptors are willing to trade anyone on the team except for except for Jonas Valanciunas. I could really see the Pistons getting Evan Turner from the Sixers or DeMar DeRozan from the Raptors and put them at the 2.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Evan Turner and the Sixers GM aren't seeing eye to eye. The Raptors are willing to trade anyone on the team except for except for Jonas Valanciunas. I could really see the Pistons getting Evan Turner from the Sixers or DeMar DeRozan from the Raptors and put them at the 2.
    It's definitely a possibility. The whole Sixers not wanting Turner thing is weird to me. He's probably the best scorer on their roster. They're already going to be one of the top 3 worst teams in the NBA. Why make the roster worse? He's still really young and could play with a guy like Wiggins or Parker too. I do think they want a first round pick in this years draft for him. We don't have that to offer. I also think the Pistons are going to wait for a while before making any moves. We still haven't seen the whole team together yet. We also don't know exactly what we have with KCP. If anything happens it will be at the deadline.

I like both Turner and Derozen - but both lack outside shooting which is exactly what we need at SG given our frontcourt and spacing issues...

I would love to have Turner if we had a shooting SF like a Batum or Gallinari or Granger

NBA lottery pick

I really think KCP is our best answer at SG. Obviously not right now, but in the future we need to see what this kid can do. He can for sure play defense. He's supposed to have a good outside shot. We need to see if that starts falling. If it can, he'll be very good in that role.

Problem is according to multiple sources, we are going to roll with a 4 guard rotation, with KCP likely to be the unlucky exclusion given Jennings, Billups, Bynum and Stuckey will be the front runners.

This confirms my belief we need to trade Stuckey away for the best possible deal right now, to allow room for KCP to develop otherwise his progress will be put on hold... Stuckey played well the other day, but I would rather develop KCP who we want around for the next 5+ years...

Stuckey + Jennings for Ty Lawson + 2nd rounder

So much easier to do on NBA2K14! haha...

Good college starter

I hope Jennings will become the PG that the Pistons can build around but I still hope the Pistons can get Marcus Smart in the draft. Lance Stephenson is a free agent. I could see him in a Pistons uniform.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    I hope Jennings will become the PG that the Pistons can build around but I still hope the Pistons can get Marcus Smart in the draft. Lance Stephenson is a free agent. I could see him in a Pistons uniform.
    I don't think the Pistons will have the cap space to sign Stephenson & Monroe. How do you figure we land Marcus Smart? He's projected as a top 5 pick.

Good college starter

Anything is possible. I didn't expect the Pistons to get Jennings.

If they don't land Smart in the draft they should get Jahii Carson. Been hearing good things about him.

Myck Kabongo went undrafted. I think he would be a nice pick up.

NBA lottery pick

I don't see any way we can get a lottery pick, unless this team ends up being much worse than expected. The only asset we have is Monroe. I don't see them trading him for a random lottery pick before the deadline. There will be no way to do a sign & trade for a lottery pick because his salary will be so much higher than a rookies that other players would need to be thrown in. At that time the draft would've already taken place (since free agency starts after that) and the teams drafting those players probably want to hold onto them vs. signing a long term max deal. It's far better to have a promising rookie on a rookie contract with the way the cap is now.

Stuckey and Jennings for Lawson,

Smith for Batum,

Drummond
    Monroe
    Batum
    KCP
    Lawson

Imagine that over the next 5-7 years...

I love NBA2K14 haha...

NBA lottery pick

I like Lawson. For an undersized guy he plays well. I just don't want him on my team. I don't think he'll ever win a championship as a starter. Toward the end of his career if he was coming off the bench he has a chance to be a good 6th man for a winning team though.

Good college starter

Danny Green is a free agent too.

Gary Harris and Shazz Napier cold be top picks in the draft too

NBA lottery pick

Danny Green isn't what we're missing. The other two guys we wouldn't have a shot at since we don't have a first rounder this year, although I do think Harris would be available where we would be picking at (if we didn't give it to Charlotte...) and he would be a pretty good fit.