Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default AI to the Warriors almost a done deal?

Warriors And Sixers Almost Have A Deal?
    13th December, 2006 - 12:48 pm
    New York Daily News -
    Sixers GM Billy King told another Eastern Conference executive on Tuesday night that he has "two deals on the table, ready to go."

One of the deals King was strongly considering is with Golden State, for point guard Baron Davis, center Andris Biedrins and a third unidentified player. In addition to Iverson, the Warriors would get backup center Steven Hunter.

While a source close to one of the players involved called the deal "done," the Sixers remain quiet about where they will be sending Iverson.

"It makes sense for the Sixers to make the deal with Golden State," an Eastern Conference executive said last night. "It's the situation the Pacers were in last year with Ron Artest. It's better to get those guys out of your conference, unless you're getting a blockbuster in return."

Earlier in trade talks, Golden State had been trying to move veterans with long-term deals, including Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Adonal Foyle. But the Sixers asked for Biedrins, Monta Ellis or Mickael Pietrus.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-403581c.html

NO WAY!! Biedrins and Davis. I think this is a great trade for the Sixers.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 12-13-2006 at 02:12 PM.

Roy = my new fave.

Wow.

Trading for an upgraded, consistent Baron Davis...while giving up Biedrins, the only player you have that's solving your interior problems and making you respectable.

Golden State isn't exactly making a forward move here.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Wow if the Sixers get Biedrins then that's a potential GREAT deal for their future.

They really need to do all the can to tank this year though and get into the top 3 for this upcoming draft. Maybe just tell Baron that he has free reign out on the court (result: 15-20 3pt attempts per game, I'm sure he can get back to his old ways).

If this ends up being true, what is Golden State doing?!? Iverson is a great player but they don't exactly need him.

Oh and note to Rob Babcock: THIS is what you trade star players for... you stupid cuunt.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 12-13-2006 at 02:10 PM.

I usually hit open layups

I am sad. If AI goes to the Warriors, I'm officially hating them until AI retires or leaves the team.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

i heard biedrins was untouchable

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    Yeah, the Warriors would be making a monumental mistake if they traded Biedrins. Give them Foyle, Doigu, etc., but not the one big man who actually does the things that the Warriors have lacked this past years.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

He should be.

But he's only a 20-year old 6'11 legit C who is putting up 11 and 10 with 2 blocks, nothing too special...

The only untouchable I recall is Ike Digou, and he's on the injured list.

Quote Originally Posted by saKf
    Wow.

Trading for an upgraded, consistent Baron Davis...while giving up Biedrins, the only player you have that's solving your interior problems and making you respectable.

Golden State isn't exactly making a forward move here.
    Well it seems that everytime they find some success, they take a few steps back afterwords.

Remember Antawn, Gilbert, and Jason almost getting to the playoffs like 4 years ago. What happens afterwords, Gilbert gets signed to a huge contract by the Wizards (I can't believe warriors didn't give him the third year of the rookie deal to get his bird rights) and then proceed to trade away Antawn to the Mavericks.

OH yeah how about giving Adonal Foyle a monster size deal. Goodness gracious, he has only completed one year on that deal and they were already talking buy out.

Lets not forget their precious winning streak the year they traded for Baron. Seemed like a great team, lots of potential. Fans get excited. Then what happens; everything gets screwed up the next year. They are chucking threes left and right, and coach seems to have lost control over them. Then the inevitable happens, Baron gets injured once again. WOW!

Wait a minute, I forget that they gave monster size deals to Dunleavy (a player that just can't seem to get it going after 4 years in the league), and Troy Murphy (mr. soft in the post). They gave 105M in extensions over those two. I have no idea why.

Now this year, they seem like they are doing decent, Don has them playing pretty good ball, and now they are considering trading their center who has been spectacular, and Davis. I don't think Allen will make them a contender, because basically the Warriors go back to the same trash, no one can defend and protect the post. If they put Adonal in, its 4 vs 5 on offense.

Goodness gracious Warriors. V_V

Roy = my new fave.

Chris Mullin - the NBA's third-worst GM.

Bucks fan

This would be a bad trade for Golden State, but I believe it, because Mullin has already proven to be an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by saKf
    Chris Mullin - the NBA's third-worst GM.
    Rod Higgins is the Warriors' GM.

This would be a silly trade.

Baron Davis is a very good player and considering his age is almost on par with Iverson.

Biendres (sp?) is a solid young center at a very cheap price... very valuable in this league. He is what Dalembert should be at 10% the price.

I don't think Iverson would improve GS that much and besides they already got an AI in the making in Monta Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    This would be a silly trade.

Baron Davis is a very good player and considering his age is almost on par with Iverson.

Biendres (sp?) is a solid young center at a very cheap price... very valuable in this league. He is what Dalembert should be at 10% the price.

I don't think Iverson would improve GS that much and besides they already got an AI in the making in Monta Ellis.
    Seriously man. I cannot believe the Warriors are doing this. They are way too desperate.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Good Lord, I hope this doesn't happen.