Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Prime Scottie Pippen and Prime Shaquille O'Neal with Phil Jackson

How many NBA titles in the 1990's??

NBA Legend

Default Re: Prime Scottie Pippen and Prime Shaquille O'Neal with Phil Jackson

At least 7.

Shit wouldnt even be fair.

Banned

Who takes shots at the end of the games?

0 titles would be worse than Penny and Shaq as at least Penny could take over games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Where do you fools get this nonsense that Pippen couldn't take and make shots at the end of games? He has plenty of clutch shots in his career. Besides that whole argument is so ****ing ridiculous...the idea is to beat the other team, not keep it close and make "clutch shots" at the end. Most NBA games are not close affairs regardless of the talent of either team.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

8-10 is a safe assumption.

NBA Legend

Guys like Horry, Kerr, Fisher, Posey, Allen, etc?

Statistically FAR more likely to actually make a shot at the end of a game than someone like Kobe

Dunking on everybody in the park

These hypotheticals are so dumb and any answers is merely throwing a dart at a wall... No substance behind any answer

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Guys like Horry, Fisher, Posey, Allen?

Statistically FAR more likely to actually make a shot at the end of a game than someone like Kobe
    Exactly...yet Kobe is so "clutch" and a "killer" at the end of games.

The lakers didn't win back 2 back championships because Kobe was "clutch". They won because they had a great team with talented players. A Shaq/Pippen core is going to be as good as any other that were in the 90s.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-26-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Where do you fools get this nonsense that Pippen couldn't take and make shots at the end of games? He has plenty of clutch shots in his career. Besides that whole argument is so ****ing ridiculous...the idea is to beat the other team, not keep it close and make "clutch shots" at the end. Most NBA games are not close affairs regardless of the talent of either team.
    Literally, I'm still asking OP who takes over at the end of games in that scenario. I haven't passed judgment over how well they will play or how many titles they'd win. I haven't made the argument you are speaking of.

NBA Legend

Literally, I'm still asking OP who takes over at the end of games in that scenario. I haven't passed judgment over how well they will play or how many titles they'd win. I haven't made the argument you are speaking of.

Who "takes over" for the Spurs?

Banned

Who "takes over" for the Spurs?
    I wouldn't know I don't regularly watch the spurs. I can't claim to be familiar with their every game play. If you know you should tell me so that I may be informed.

NBA Legend

I wouldn't know I don't regularly watch the spurs. I can't claim to be familiar with their every game play. If you know you should tell me so that I may be informed.

They maintain their team-play style even at the end of games and routinely squash teams with iso 'superstars 'who try to play heroball.

So it's likely a Pippen-Shaq team would take the same approach considering the high offensive IQ both players have.

Banned

They maintain their team-play style even at the end of games and routinely squash teams with iso 'superstars 'who try to play heroball.

So it's likely a Pippen-Shaq team would take the same approach considering the high offensive IQ both players have.
    Shaq has never been one to squash his ego for the sake of a team. I'd imagine he'd have a difficult time submitting to a system like the one the Spurs utilize. Shaq is famous for saying that if the big dog don't eat first then big dog won't defend. Also how long before he starts calling Pop Benedict Arnold like he did with Phil? I haven't ever heard Timmy saying half the demeaning things that Shaq has stated about his current coach/team mates.

On the plus size we know for a fact that Pip would be docile and let Shaq be the main focus so that would be a positive. He also wouldn't have to be handled by the coach and manipulated by his system like some players may be currently. Pip is definitely underrated as an all-time player.

End thread.

I love Pip but that guy gets overrated by a lot of people. He never had the iso game to be able to consistently break down a set defender and create his own shot, which is the hardest thing to do in basketball.

People yap about how MJ won nothing without Pip. Well, Pip won nothing without MJ. And guess who has "the man" during their 6 ring run? The guy who defenses had to game plan against and threw doubles/triples at every game to stop? Sure wasn't Pip. Pip never had to carry the burden of leading a team by himself. Yes, he did a solid job when MJ was out for almost two years but we saw what he was. A guy who can get about 22 ppg and give you 8 reb and 8 assists. He was a great all around player but he never had the iso game that you sometimes need from your lead dog. Especially if your lead dog is a wing player. He just never had that iso game to break down a set defender and if you think he did, you are seriously mistaken.