Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Chicago Bulls Edition

1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

I think it depends on how you define success for the Bulls. As we saw, Noah can lead them to a top 4ish spot in the east and some success through defense and rebounding but they flat out can't contend without Rose. The Bulls have a big advantage in the regular season with their tight defense and focused effort thanks to Thib but that advantage shrinks in the playoffs. They need a guy like Rose who can create easy shots in the playoffs. The Bulls were basically just a good defensive team who shot a lot of jumpers last year.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Jimmy Butler is THAT good.

I'm a big fan of his mostly because of his history of self improvemnt. As an underclassman at Marquette I like him much but he really recreated himself as a player by his senior year. That improvement has continued in the NBA. I think he will be an important piece for winning games but never an all-star.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.

I think this is true. Rose will boost their offensive versatility by simply playing but they could certainly benefit from a more creative mindset. I would look to involve Noah more offensive because he is such a good passer out of the post.

4. AGREE or DISAGREE: More Taj Gibson, Less Carlos Boozer.

Disagree. I think Gibson should play more based on time and situation but the Bulls need Boozer's more gifted offensive skill set on the court. Gibson is in the role that he is best fit for already.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:

I think it is probably Marquis Teague simply because he is an unknown quantity. If he takes a leap in his development and becomes a back-up PG that can play aggressive enough to pressure the defense, then I think the Bulls are a much more dangerous team. The Bulls need to be able to score without Rose on the court.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Today's team?

[COLOR="Red"]THE CHICAGO BULLS

PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    SG - Butler/Dunleavy
    SF - Deng/Snell/Thomas
    PF - Boozer/Gibson/Murphy
    C - Noah/Mohammed

Head Coach - Tom Thibodeau
    General Manager - Gar Forman[/COLOR]

[B]1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.
    The Bulls won their most games when Noah missed a lot of games and had his worse year in recent memory. They went their farthest in the playoffs when he had his worse playoffs. He was 8 and 10 and getting benched in the 4th quarters for bad play. I love him but he isn't a franchise player yet - he is consistently a very good player. which is critical for a lot wins. Rose, when healthy broke down more defenses than any player playing. Right now there might be only three or four players that do that consistently in the league, but none at the level of Rose.

One year is never good enough to evaluate a player (see Lin). You don't know until the scouting report goes gung ho at a player. With that said, yeah he's a player.
    3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.
    They ran plays last year but only excelled when Nate Robinson dropped the play book in the playoffs. So they still need to develop offensively.
    Yes. Taj is more versatile and uses his height better. Better defender and just as creative offensively as Booze. Not as skilled yet but can attain that level.
    5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:
    If Jimmy Butler improves and becomes a legit second option the Bulls can win it all with a healthy Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

I think it depends on how you define success for the Bulls. As we saw, Noah can lead them to a top 4ish spot in the east and some success through defense and rebounding but they flat out can't contend without Rose. The Bulls have a big advantage in the regular season with their tight defense and focused effort thanks to Thib but that advantage shrinks in the playoffs. They need a guy like Rose who can create easy shots in the playoffs. The Bulls were basically just a good defensive team who shot a lot of jumpers last year.

I'm a big fan of his mostly because of his history of self improvemnt. As an underclassman at Marquette I like him much but he really recreated himself as a player by his senior year. That improvement has continued in the NBA. I think he will be an important piece for winning games but never an all-star.

I think this is true. Rose will boost their offensive versatility by simply playing but they could certainly benefit from a more creative mindset. I would look to involve Noah more offensive because he is such a good passer out of the post.

Disagree. I think Gibson should play more based on time and situation but the Bulls need Boozer's more gifted offensive skill set on the court. Gibson is in the role that he is best fit for already.

I think it is probably Marquis Teague simply because he is an unknown quantity. If he takes a leap in his development and becomes a back-up PG that can play aggressive enough to pressure the defense, then I think the Bulls are a much more dangerous team. The Bulls need to be able to score without Rose on the court.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

False. As someone that has argued they should've kept Osik and moved Noah, I can't not say Rose. To have any chance at beating Indy or Miami, Derrick Rose has to be a top 3-5 player in the league. They won't win without Noah either, but if Rose isn't the missing piece, nothing is.

False. He did a remarkable job on LeBron in the playoffs, but Jimmy Butler also averaged just under 9 points a game last year. He upped that to 13 during the playoffs, but I still need to see a little more until I go THAT far.

True. Miami has had their number for that very reason. For as great of a defense as Chicago plays, it always seems like it's Miami's defense that is the story when the two teams meet in the playoffs. Always feel a little too easy to stop.

Disagree. Gibson already plays about 20-25 minutes a night. That's about right. Honestly, the Bulls need to upgrade the position all together, but that's another question.

Jimmy Butler. If Butler can make threes and guard LeBron as well as he did last year, Chicago will have a great shot. You need five guys that can hurt you to beat Miami. For the first time, the Bulls might have a shot at that with Butler.