Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Welcome to the big 4 in Cleveland

I'm against doing this, but for the sake of conversation, Dion Waiters would be an incredible piece off the bench with that starting lineup. He is still improving, yet was second in the league in bench scoring last year before being reinserted back into the starting five. He's still just 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Thats not applicable to Irving or Wiggins, anyway, inb4 LeBron stans bash that supporting cast too
    Which is why you only bolded the first half of my post.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Or Bosh
    Or Melo if he suddenly becomes a spot up shooter to clear the paint
    Oh you didn't know? Well according to bran stans big men decline in their late 20s early 30s.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Which is why you only bolded the first half of my post.
    Why the hell are you talking about injuries? Irving and Wiggins are young, there is no reason to be coming up with excuses already

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Or Bosh
    Or Melo if he suddenly becomes a spot up shooter to clear the paint
    To be honest, Catching and shooting is exactly what Melo needs to become.

Banned

Wrong, yes he needs to play off ball, but you are an idiot if you suggest a spot up shooter is worth max dollars.

Why the hell are you talking about injuries? Irving and Wiggins are young, there is no reason to be coming up with excuses already
    Excues for a fake team? Nice try.

I said if these players declined it would be because of age or injuries. And you know damn well that it is true.

Banned

Excues for a fake team? Nice try.

I said if these players declined it would be because of age or injuries. And you know damn well that it is true.
    Right, so there is no chance of Irving and Melos games regressing a little if you bring a ball dominant player into the mix?

Wrong, yes he needs to play off ball, but you are an idiot if you suggest a spot up shooter is worth max dollars.
    I never said he needed to do it exclusively. But he needs to become a catch and shoot player if he ever wants to win a ring. It is his greatest strength.

Right, so there is no chance of Irving and Melos games regressing a little if you bring a ball dominant player into the mix?
    You mean will they score less points and get less assist? Sure. But their efficiency should go through the roof. Hell, Now they would actually have capable players to pass the ball to as well.

Banned

I never said he needed to do it exclusively. But he needs to become a catch and shoot player if he ever wants to win a ring. It is his greatest strength.

Also, I don't think you have watched Melo play much have you?

Banned

He needs to handle the ball less but he still needs to operate in the paint. I don't buy into the argument lebron casued bosh to turn into a spot up shooter as I believe that's more on the coach but my argument is people can't go claiming someone has no help and other star players on their team are terrible for doing a role that they've been asked to do. If Irving and Melo suddenly started shooting 30% from the field and giving up 10 turnovers a game sure then he has shit help but if their roles change so Lebron could have the max impact and they struggle then you can't claim it's no help.

Also, I don't think you have watched Melo play much have you?
    I dont think you have watched Melo play. Melo is at his best when he is catching and shooting and it is evident whenever he plays. The best Melo is definitely the one at the All Star games and Olympics. Which is why the Knicks failed miserably when they couldnt get him a caliber point guard.

Yes. Melo needs to become a catch and shoot player. No he doesnt need to do it on every play because his isolation game is pretty good. But it has never been a winning formula. And never will be for Carmelo.
    Last edited by navy; 06-23-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Banned

I dont think you have watched Melo play. Melo is at his best when he is catching and shooting and it is evident whenever he plays. The best Melo is deinetly the one at the All Star games and olympics. Which is why the Knicks failed miserably when they couldnt get him a caliber point guard.

Yes. Melo needs to become a catch and shoot player. No he doesnt need to do it on every play because his isolation game is pretty good. But it has never been a winning formula. And never will be for Carmelo.
    The All-star game has hardly any defense and there is superstars all over the court so Melo can play off the rest (there will never be that many good players on one squad in terms of NBA teams), same with the Olympics.

Melo needs to play in the post, he is strong and can beat his man in ISO, LeBron can focus on the ball handling, but Melo needs just as much possession as Bron.

Banned

The All-star game has hardly any defense and there is superstars all over the court so Melo can play off the rest (there will never be that many good players on one squad in terms of NBA teams), same with the Olympics.

Melo needs to play in the post, he is strong and can beat his man in ISO, LeBron can focus on the ball handling, but Melo needs just as much possession as Bron.