Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Popular jock means you got females on ur jock some who are secretly on your jock, admiring you from afar. People who you dont know, know of you. With that comes open doors of snatch from various backgrounds. Yet you fall in love literally with a chick online that you never met physically? I've never heard of it. You never heard of it. Lets just be real.

I doubt he was bangin chicks on the side if he was in love with a female he never met. Being duped as a high profile college athlete doesnt happen. Being that it did? It should never happen. Lots of females to pick from you can physically touch vs some chick on the other side of the country you never met.

If Kevin Durant came out and said he was duped last season in similar fashion you wouldnt find that surprising? Come on.

A bigtime college athlete? I cant see being duped for obvious reasons. Mind boggling.

Meanwhile the QB for Alabama who isnt as popular as Teo has Miss Alabama. Teo has a chick that he never met in life. It doesnt add up my friend.
    I think this is where everybody needs to realize that their regular human beings. Just because they are physical specimens and dominate a sport doesn't mean they are immune to things that can happen to everyday people, where as sad as it is to say and it is pretty sad that's falling in love online and handling situations laughably bad. It's why some of the smartest people on the planet which alot of these jocks aren't can be played by females everyday. Just because they excel in the business world or whatever doesn't mean they do socially.

Not everybody is a ***** hound, you know. People out there do look for something "real" or somebody to start a family with. I'd imagine all those girls hoping on you're jock because you play football wouldn't be ideal. Falling on love online is an L for anybody but it happens. We'll never know but maybe this dude just wanted somebody to talk to, is shy or anti social or something and had no interest in all those broads you're talking about.

Story would be believable if it was some regular joe so I don't understand why people think it's 100% fake just because guy's a linebacker. All tho I do admit the whole situations seems crazy and I really have no clue what happened and at times not even sure what's even really happening

Regular people can get catfished and so can pro athlete's, rich people etc. is really my only point. Only surprising part is that as a whole people actually look and believe they've found love over an email or whatever which is scaaaary.

Regular people can get catfished and so can pro athlete's, rich people etc. is really my only point.
    What pro athletes, celebs have been catfished tho? You hear the stories of the avg joe so its not surprising. You dont hear stories of Teo. I hear your side tho. You're right he doesnt have to be the stereotypical jock. So maybe there is more to the story when he reveals it. Just weird he fell in love, shed emotions/tears over someone who died that he never met, never went to funeral, saw obituary.

What pro athletes, celebs have been catfished tho? You hear the stories of the avg joe so its not surprising. You dont hear stories of Teo. I hear your side tho. You're right he doesnt have to be the stereotypical jock. So maybe there is more to the story when he reveals it. Just weird he fell in love, shed emotions/tears over someone who died that he never met, never went to funeral, saw obituary.
    I dunno if there's any other stories but I think it's 100% understandable that if it did happen or has happened that person is probably taking it to his grave. Too many reasons to list. Gotta be some actor/actress that it's happened to out there and nobody cared enough to dig around or even look for it, just like if Teo never said she was dead? We'd never know it was a lie or he was a wierdo that felt he needed to have a relationship with a person he never saw.

Way I view it is these guy's have substance abuse issues like us, get divorced like us, get in legal trouble, suffer from depression or whatever mental health issues etc. so it's not surprising to me that they would turn to online dating or whatever like many people do.

That's about it, I have no idea about the story or if it's true or a lie or whatever but I could believe he got screwed. It's like Lindsay Lohan, girl was beautiful, rich etc. had everything and yet she threw it all away because she's just human. Had the same problems and issues like everybody else.

And the one thing you said really does strike me as everyday life. You have one buddy who's rolling with the miss Alabama, probably hundreds of other players f*cking everything that moves and have no problem dating a shallow chick. Than there's always those guy's who just aren't interested in that. Maybe Teo is really awkward or just anti social and doesn't like interacting on that level, computer made it easier and like a fool he fell in love ..

Or maybe he's just completely crazy made up everything and is trying to cover up his tracks right now .. I could believe that too.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

To be fair this whole e-dating thing is a new trend that has developed with social media so maybe that's why we don't hear it more. There are sites where gold diggers basically post about sports athletes that they banged. Teo doesn't really strike me as socially awkward and he sounds like your typical jock and who really knows his motives. Maybe he had girls on the side and wanted another? I think it's safe to say the kid isn't the sharpest tool in the shed mentally... I think he was tricked and then blackmailed to give the two guys and girl leading this the lulz. If a 28 year old athlete got tricked like this I'd agree with you.

btw, they're saying the blackmailing was led by 3 people(1 girl) who previously did this to one of their cousins. They used the same photos and "person".. What a bunch of weirdos, i actually feel bad for Teo

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    And the one thing you said really does strike me as everyday life. You have one buddy who's rolling with the miss Alabama, probably hundreds of other players f*cking everything that moves and have no problem dating a shallow chick. Than there's always those guy's who just aren't interested in that. Maybe Teo is really awkward or just anti social and doesn't like interacting on that level, computer made it easier and like a fool he fell in love ..

Or maybe he's just completely crazy made up everything and is trying to cover up his tracks right now .. I could believe that too.
    This. I read some of his interview with an SI journalist and it sounded like something from a hollywood script.
    No. She could only breathe. One of the miraculous things was when I talked to her and she would hear my voice her breathing would pick up. Like quickly, and then she would start crying. But her breathing would quicken, and she would start crying. So her brother was in the room with the nurse. They were monitoring her. She said, "Who is she on the phone with?" Her boyfriend. She was like, "That's amazing. She doesn't do that with anybody else." So that happened. And then she flatlined and we were losing her.
    The day I went home, that was the day they were going to pull it. They were saying their goodbyes and all that. I said, "Babe, I'm never going to say goodbye to you. If you really want to go, she really missed her dad, so I said, "If you want to go, be with dad, go. Just know that I love you very, very much." I had this very positive feeling that everything was going to be OK. I landed in Hawaii. By the time I said my goodbyes. Not my goodbyes, my I love you, I'll see you later, that kind of thing, I jumped on the airplane to go to Hawaii. They were scheduled to pull the plug while I was in the air.
    So right when I landed, I was expecting to get a voicemail saying she's gone. So I landed and I had a voicemail from her brother saying, "Brother, call me back right now." So you can imagine what's going through my head. I was like, "What am I going to do? How am I going to take this?'"And so I called him back, the doctor came in and he saw something and he wants to try some treatment on her to see if it works. From there she slowly started to get better. Slowly. Eventually she came out of her coma and she started having memory problems and she couldn't remember because of the accident. That's how much damage she had to her frontal lobe. She had memory problems. I was actually the first person that she talked to. She was breathing, breathing. When I talked to her, I would say, "Babe, do you know who this is?" I knew she knew who it was because her breathing would pick up. I was like, "Relax, chill. Breathe slowly. Breathe slowly." And then, that was when she first started to speak was that conversation. I was like, "Babe, I love you. I love you." Very slightly she said, "I love you."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2IOBHqw5n
    Did he take that from a walk to remember or something?

I don't get why primetime and others are jumping ship on the thought that Te'o was in on it. The "recent developments" prove nothing. Operating under the premise that he was in on it with this Ronaiah bro (fudge-packin or not), wouldn't a confession from Ronaiah be unreliable? Much less a second-hand confession from a conveniently-timed "unnamed" source? Maybe they're going all in on their lie...

I'm not saying that I necessarily believe that Manti was involved but I was surprised to see so many people flip-flop positions here and irl. I don't see what changed.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

^^^

Just weird he fell in love, shed emotions/tears over someone who died that he never met, never went to funeral, saw obituary.
    People feel emotions for people they've never met all the time. People fall in love with pictures. People fall in love with words. People go crazy for celebs they've never met. That only really comes off weird because it turns out that she didn't actually exist (though, there is that Card FB saying she did).

Da Mavs

ESPN did an interview with Jeremy Shapp as interviewer...no cameras allowed but they showed excerpts and sound bites.

I believe the guy. I feel horrible for the guy.

Let's remember folks, this wasn't just an online relationship. They talked on the phone and Manti was in contact with her "siblings" as well. He was completely played from all angles. I now doubt that he was involved.

Is that Jerred Mayo lulz?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    People feel emotions for people they've never met all the time. People fall in love with pictures. People fall in love with words. People go crazy for celebs they've never met. That only really comes off weird because it turns out that she didn't actually exist (though, there is that Card FB saying she did).
    So nothing weird about falling in love with a female who you never met. Who showed you few photos never new/recent photos. Who always found ways to get out of you two hooking up offline. Nothing suspicious came about your feelings besides you love a person from afar. Got on TV and professed your love over a person you never met. Ok.

And how long has teo been "seeing" this chick?

So nothing weird about falling in love with a female who you never met. Who showed you few photos never new/recent photos. Who always found ways to get out of you two hooking up offline. Nothing suspicious came about your feelings besides you love a person from afar. Got on TV and professed your love over a person you never met. Ok.

And how long has teo been "seeing" this chick?
    See I would be more inclined to believe he wasn't involved if it weren't for one simple thing.

Why did he never insist on video chatting with her? You know how easy it is to make a Skype account? iPhones/iPods are so common maybe they could have facetimed?

People expect me to believe that he felt so strongly about this girl yet he never suggested doing these things?

I think he was duped at first, figured it out and went along with it to boost his publicity. Alot of reports pin this guy as a real attention whore.

Banned