Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I hate when people overhype the 1994 Chicago Bulls

The fact of the matter is those Bulls without Jordan were good enough to make the playoffs and that's it. Anyone who is boosting them as a championship level team without Jordan or anything along those lines is just a disgusting filthy troll.

There are MANY teams in history that are good enough to make the playoffs without their #1 option but for 99.999999% of them ('94 Bulls included), that is their ceiling, simply making the playoffs. Without Jordan they are NOT a championship team let alone a 3peat team (2x).

THAT is Jordan's impact.

It is much more impressive and difficult to be able to take a decent playoff level team and push it over the edge to raise it's ceiling as opposed to other players who are capable of raising the floor of not so great teams.

Having the ability to elevate a decent team's ceiling >>>> having the ability to raise a mediocre team's floor.

That's what bothers you? People on this board and others talk about the 2001 Sixers like they were mega stacked just to try to diminish how incredible AI played that year. A few years ago NBA2K added that team on and they gave it something like a 74 overall rating (realistic really) with only AI getting a 90+ rating but here they were the 2012 Miami Heat.

You hear it all the time, "COY, Sixth man of the year, Defensive players of the year!" All in an effort to discredit AI as one of the best guards of all time. Backhanded praise. It's gotten to the point mainstream publications like BR don't even list him as Top 50 anymore. Top 50! He was a league MVP. Simply unheard of for anyone who watched the man play the game in his prime.

Meanwhile, people ignore things like Josh Smith signing on at the end of a season and single handily demolishing the Clippers in the playoffs as if it never happened. Mostly because the leader of that team won their fantasy leagues.
    Last edited by King Baron; 10-16-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream
    It sounds like you were also crying while writing this.
    Not at all, just talking about basketball on a basketball forum, isn’t it what this is? Crying about losers you don’t even know in real life over the internet sounds like something you have experienced in your life, since you were the one to bring it up?
    Last edited by Jay-B; 10-16-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-B
    Grant was playing for a contract that year and I agree he was there best player, Bulls would of fell down to 7th or 8th seed without Jordan coming back.
    Yep. Grant gets underrated in this convo and we can't forget that the Bulls added Kukoc and Kerr when they lost MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Bulls would have made the playoffs that year even if MJ didn't comeback.
    That's not great though, barely .500 and most likely a 1st round exit? They went from that to a contender with a rusty Jordan who had been away for over a year.

1994 Bulls were overhyped. Pippen didn't go up a level when MJ retired, none of you would say that Pippen would have won a title in Chicago without MJ. They were mediocre offensively.

MJ just did a very weird thing like retire after 3 peating. No one had ever done that before. Everyone else retires or goes to a different team after losing. But not MJ.

So you can't really compare the 1993-94 Bulls scenario to any other scenario where a star left a team after 3 peating. MJ obviously left a team that had the confidence and chemistry of a 3 peat winner. You can't teach that or replicate that.

You can't take away from Pip or Grant entering their absolute prime at 27. Nor can you ignore the key additions of Kukoc, Kerr and Longley. But as mentioned before, it's much easier to win 50+ games and be a playoff team versus being a dynastic team. It's easier to raise the floor than fine tuning things to be dominant/dynastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    MJ just did a very weird thing like retire after 3 peating. No one had ever done that before. Everyone else retires or goes to a different team after losing. But not MJ.

So you can't really compare the 1993-94 Bulls scenario to any other scenario where a star left a team after 3 peating. MJ obviously left a team that had the confidence and chemistry of a 3 peat winner. You can't teach that or replicate that.

You can't take away from Pip or Grant entering their absolute prime at 27. Nor can you ignore the key additions of Kukoc, Kerr and Longley. But as mentioned before, it's much easier to win 50+ games and be a playoff team versus being a dynastic team. It's easier to raise the floor than fine tuning things to be dominant/dynastic.

Why was he 1-9 without Pippen?

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
    Why was he 1-9 without Pippen?
    Because MJ sucks. Happy there wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Hey bitch - if I catch you or anyone else from this loser ass board following me, I will beat you down in self defense. You will be in the hospital if I catch you following me as anyone that is following me I will deem a threat to my health

I've already filed police reports against your screen name and others I suspect. Im also getting restraining orders to ban the screen name from playing on the site where you outed yourself as my stalker

Don't let me catch you, you tiny tiny man. You'll be even tinier when I get done with you
    Where u at bitch made boy? Don

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
    OP realizin he done made a mistake:

Your whore bag mom made a mistake when you were born you bitch made mother ****er

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=Jay-B]Hate when people say shit like

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-B
    Where u at bitch made boy? Don’t come at me with your mental disorder then run away punk bitch
    This wasn't directed at you OP. It was another poster's post FYI.

Hey bitch - if I catch you or anyone else from this loser ass board following me, I will beat you down in self defense. You will be in the hospital if I catch you following me as anyone that is following me I will deem a threat to my health

I've already filed police reports against your screen name and others I suspect. Im also getting restraining orders to ban the screen name from playing on the site where you outed yourself as my stalker

Don't let me catch you, you tiny tiny man. You'll be even tinier when I get done with you

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival

Why was Mikey Jordan a career loser at 1-9 before Pippen?

Yeah ClipperRevival, why was that??