Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

ud prolly feel sick too if stockton won it back to back. tell the truth

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    Honestly I dont like Nash all that much, I like Iverson much more. But I looked at his stats and his record and after watching him play I can't deny it.

i second that

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    whats funny is if he wins it and phx still doesnt make the finals. that would be utterly sad and a disgrace to the most valuable player award. a 3peat MVP winner that cant get to the finals in none of them
    Is that a prerequisite for an mvp winner? To get to the NBA finals even tho the MVP is a regular season based award?

Who do you think is more derserving. Its early so I'df understand if you dont have any top canidates right now. But Nash with his 20ppg 4rb 12ast and shooting over 50% from the field and 3pt arc plus 90% FT is insane. Does he have to avg 30ppg 20asp 10rbs and shoot over 70% fg, 70% 3pt and 100% ft to get the award....it cant just be based on whether he gets to the NBA finals. MVP = regular season. No barring on the playoffs...it just so happens the past mvp champs have got to the nba finals.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Is that a prerequisite for an mvp winner? To get to the NBA finals even tho the MVP is a regular season based award?

Who do you think is more derserving. Its early so I'df understand if you dont have any top canidates right now. But Nash with his 20ppg 4rb 12ast and shooting over 50% from the field and 3pt arc plus 90% FT is insane. Does he have to avg 30ppg 20asp 10rbs and shoot over 70% fg, 70% 3pt and 100% ft to get the award....it cant just be based on whether he gets to the NBA finals. MVP = regular season. No barring on the playoffs...it just so happens the past mvp champs have got to the nba finals.
    You're right, its a regular season MVP award but dont you think a legit 3time MVP can also step up and take his loaded team to the finals. In the past, thats what most MVPs did..especially three time winners..why? because multiple time MVP winners are that good, true legends. theres a thing about the playoffs, thats when true greatness is measured. Multiple MVP winners in the past possessed that greatness, what does it say if Nash doesnt do it? Hes a great player sure but are you really worthy of 3 MVPs if you cant step up on the greatest stage?

Not all MVP's have gotten to the finals the year they won it like Tim Duncan in 2002 and KG in 2004

I am DON

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Nash will not win another MVP. [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

yea, what he said nash seems to be the best candidate out there right now. anyone who denies it is either a hater or a kobe/vince fan.

Banned

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Not all MVP's have gotten to the finals the year they won it like Tim Duncan in 2002 and KG in 2004
    Tell me someone who won 3 consectutive MVP's and failed to get to the finals with a loaded team. If you win 3 straight you have to dominate the league and NAsh isnt doing that.

I hope NAsh wins 2 more, actually so win his career is done and he has 0 championships people can look back and hopefully see their mistake. Nash winning back to back MVP's hurt the awards prestige because it changed what the award meant. It used to stand for greatness reguardless of saying MVP.
    Last edited by Younggrease; 12-31-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Is it a coincedence that everyone in this thread who has bad things to say about Nash is a Laker fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Tell me someone who won 3 consectutive MVP's and failed to get to the finals with a loaded team. If you win 3 straight you have to dominate the league and NAsh isnt doing that.
    I never knew that was the criteria .

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    talkin about multiple winners here bro. especially 3time winners

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23
    Is it a coincedence that everyone in this thread who has bad things to say about Nash is a Laker fan?

yea

I am DON

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Don is not a Laker Fan[/FONT]

i would go with him

[QUOTE=D