Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy still hoping to keep Greg Monroe

I think they can get away without a great PG. Dirk,Parsons and Elliss are going to have the ball so much of the time. I don't love the fit of the particular PGs they have though. Otherwise I really like the way that team is constructed though. They'll probably miss Carter in that 6th man role though. Parsons to Marion is a huge upgrade and Chandler is a decent one as well. They could win anywhere from 45-55 wins IMO.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

^ Jefferson can somewhat cover the Carter hole, vetran outside shooter - just doesn't have the ball handling VC had...

Ellis and Parsons will combine for about 11 or 12 assists each game together, two of the better passing players at their respective positions...

Felton and Harris... Pressure is on, if one of those dudes can be serviceable then it is a scary deep team... But if they both flop (huge chance they could) then they might have to push Ellis as PG quite a bit...

NBA lottery pick

It may really be true that Monroe doesn't want to play with Smith on the roster:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

It sounds like the team did look at sign & trades for him but there haven't been good enough offers. I just wish we could trade Smith!!

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^ Jefferson can somewhat cover the Carter hole, vetran outside shooter - just doesn't have the ball handling VC had...

Ellis and Parsons will combine for about 11 or 12 assists each game together, two of the better passing players at their respective positions...

Felton and Harris... Pressure is on, if one of those dudes can be serviceable then it is a scary deep team... But if they both flop (huge chance they could) then they might have to push Ellis as PG quite a bit...
    There's a very large gap between Carter and Jefferson. Carter was a 6th man of the year contender(and arguably should have won based on analytics) while Jefferson probably doesn't crack the rotation.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

^^ I totally agree with you, but i'm coming from the angle that with the addition of Parsons - that role VC played last year will not need to be as ample, therefore Jefferson should be able to cover that reduced role to an extent...

But I am with you - VC is sneaky valuable in his twilight years, still think he has 3 or 4 years left in the tank of doing what he did last season...