Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Dwyane Wade: Comeback season 2012/2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    I think to put it in short terms your paragraph was full of inconsistencies, 90% of it was your personal opinon on fortune telling, barely no facts and a couple of captain obvious lines like "He is no longer as athletic as before"..No shit . You have no new material posts like your have been made since 07, and yet Wade is still considered a top 10 player year in and year out., pretty good for an athletic, non jumpshooter who has regressed due to age and his every night injuries. Guess is the refs though that help him stay relevant?
    Nor did I say he wasn't still really damn good, which he is. All I said was that it's misguided to think rest and surgery will guarantee he returns to past form. I believe he needs to evolve as a player and I don't think he's done that.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Nor did I say he wasn't still really damn good, which he is. All I said was that it's misguided to think rest and surgery will guarantee he returns to past form. I believe he needs to evolve as a player and I don't think he's done that.
    Trust me we will never see 06-09(when he wasnt crippled or crying for his shoulder) Wade ever again, dont take my word, Wade himself said it the other night. To say his game hasnt evolved it pretty ridiculous though tbh. From 08-10 his midrange was on point, something relatively new that was seen only in the 06 playoff run and partialy in the 06-07 season. While it is true these last couple of years that part of his game has regressed, he now has a reliable post game which he can take advantage of and is really his most reliable ISO set imo in the halfcourt now(use to be top of the key).

Wade has had a huge working load off his shoulders since Lebron joined , I think this years injuries were more to it being a lockout season, like many other players. He started the season overweight which is when his knee started bothering him, and for his style of play that is definitely the worst shit he can do.
    Last edited by Dwade305; 06-25-2012 at 04:59 AM.

What is with you people and the injury excuse. Wade is always banged up to a certain extent, whether it's a major knee or shoulder injury or a minor nagging injury. There's a reason for this... his style of play. He plays the same way he played in 2004, except he's nowhere near as quick and more prone to injury. He hasn't adapted his game as he's aged. He still doesn't have a consistent mid range or three point shot. He's still all too reckless with his body. If Wade continues to play in the same manner and doesn't adapt his game to his increasing age and declining athleticism then the injuries will continue to mount. To suggest that rest will solve all his ills, he'll avoid injury and he'll be the same dynamic player he was a few years ago is naive and misguided.
    Im not saying we should expect wade to be in 06-09 form as he won't. His days as a top 2-3 may not return but I see no reason why after a summer of rest he isn't still considered a top 5-10 player as that's all Miami need to keep winning titles.

As wade does get older the more involved bosh will be which is a good thing for the heat. Bosh is still a great 2nd option that Miami could still win titles with as wade does start to go down each year. How ever I still expect wade to play at an elite level for a fair few years yet,

i think he'll do well next season.

he gotta nice post game going and he will only be 31

when u think about it, Wade only played 22165 in the RS and only been deep in the playoffs 4 times. So he shouldnt be that old. Kobe is only 3 years old but been playing for 42377 minutes with 7 Finals appearances
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 06-25-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    Last time Wade had these many haters/doubters it was back in 08 when they wanted him off the Olympic squad We all know what happened next
    Yup. Started juicing

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

What is with his jumper? I feel it regresses every season. Anyways, I think he will have a better season next year.

Very good NBA starter

The torch has been passed to Lebron with Wade saying he's the man. Wade is going to be more efficient because Lebron will take a lil more attention now that he's officially the man in MIA.

best thing wade could have is Lebron realize his dominance which will allow wade to score a lil easier

What is with you people and the injury excuse. Wade is always banged up to a certain extent, whether it's a major knee or shoulder injury or a minor nagging injury. There's a reason for this... his style of play. He plays the same way he played in 2004, except he's nowhere near as quick and more prone to injury. He hasn't adapted his game as he's aged. He still doesn't have a consistent mid range or three point shot. He's still all too reckless with his body. If Wade continues to play in the same manner and doesn't adapt his game to his increasing age and declining athleticism then the injuries will continue to mount. To suggest that rest will solve all his ills, he'll avoid injury and he'll be the same dynamic player he was a few years ago is naive and misguided.
    Wade has shot over 40% from midrange 4 out of his 5 healthy seasons

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    The torch has been passed to Lebron with Wade saying he's the man. Wade is going to be more efficient because Lebron will take a lil more attention now that he's officially the man in MIA.

best thing wade could have is Lebron realize his dominance which will allow wade to score a lil easier
    Pretty much every team that plays Miami in the playoffs gameplans against Wade rather than Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Pretty much every team that plays Miami in the playoffs gameplans against Wade rather than Lebron.
    The Mavericks game planned around LeBron, though. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    He's been my fav player for a while, but I'm done with him.

He just p#sses me off. His style of play is ugly, he still has no consistent jumper, still can't go to his right, still keeps making that stupid hesitation before taking a jumper etc.etc. When he's on his game he's probably the most exciting player to watch, but those days are over, his game hasn't evolved and I doubt it will at a consistent capacity.
    he was shooting career highs in midrange and free throws while developing a elite post game mid season before more injuries

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    The Mavericks game planned around LeBron, though. Hmm...
    Philly Chicago Indiana and Boston this year were focusing on Wade not to sure about the other teams. None of the other teams really picked a player to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Philly Chicago Indiana and Boston this year were focusing on Wade not to sure about the other teams. None of the other teams really picked a player to stop
    Probably because they figure Wade is the xfactor, Lebron is consistent with what you get from him on a nightly basis but if Wade goes off alongside him, the Heat are incredibly difficult to stop.

Jordan Stopper

Comeback season?

Dude ended up averaging 15ppg in the playoffs that year lol