Thread: Evolve

Default Evolve

http://evolvegame.com/

Game is out now. Just played an hour with my buddies. Very fun. Lots of unlockables and character progression. If you dont have friends to play with than this game may not be for you. I will be posting in this thread during the coming weeks with feedback and sharing tips or exciting moments. I suggest other Evolve players here do the same. Will be good times. Looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Spaulding; 02-10-2015 at 02:23 AM.

Default Re: Evolve

Game is simply amazing. Graphics and gameplay are top notch. There is a steep learning curve to play monsters and the hunters. Which is a good thing.

Just want to get off work so i can play more!

I played a little bit of the beta. It's good to see some triple A project that tries to do something different, but this one is going to crash and burn I feel.

It's too bad the game is actually pretty good, but there is very little content to be had and it's very specific. 75 bucks (there is already a DLC out that is core to the game) for one single very specific multiplayer mode is one of the worst value deals I've seen in video games for a long time. People aren't going to spend that much on this, and they definitely shouldn't. Yeah it's fun to play with friends, but a lot of games are fun to play with friends.

I didn't like it much playing BETA.

I just with Left 4 Dead would come out with a 3rd. I loved the 4 player versus mode. Humans vs mutants. If Evolve could have made a game similar in nature then I would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I played a little bit of the beta. It's good to see some triple A project that tries to do something different, but this one is going to crash and burn I feel.

It's too bad the game is actually pretty good, but there is very little content to be had and it's very specific. 75 bucks (there is already a DLC out that is core to the game) for one single very specific multiplayer mode is one of the worst value deals I've seen in video games for a long time. People aren't going to spend that much on this, and they definitely shouldn't. Yeah it's fun to play with friends, but a lot of games are fun to play with friends.
    Theres over 4 game modes. One is a dynamic mode that,has randomized 5 stages that change depending on losing or winning.

I have noticed people who dont like this game are ones who played the alpha and/or beta which was an incomplete game.

Now my friends and i agreed that this game will last us at least a month which is getting ones moneys worth. I personally dont see a lack of,content. You have to play ea ch character, monster iincluded, to unlock the next. This is very fun for us as we are forced to use all abilities to progression. Theres over 12 maps and multiple settings to set.

The 4th monster will be out this month and will be free to us since we preordered.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

A lot of people on other gaming forums seemed to turn on it during the beta, some were saying it's a scam how much it costs and how you already have in game purchases for this kind of game.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    A lot of people on other gaming forums seemed to turn on it during the beta, some were saying it's a scam how much it costs and how you already have in game purchases for this kind of game.
    Dlc out now is cosmetic kinds. Skins. I think its great they add this stuff for variety.

All new dlc maps will be free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Yeah it's a little extreme. I think the publisher just panicked once they realized this game doesn't have the mass appeal they thought it would have when they decided to invest. I mean, there's gonna be a ton of DLC of playable characters in this game. Imagine if Battlefield or CoD didn't have any sniper rifles in the game and then suddenly released a "sniper class" DLC for 15 bucks a month later so you can snipe in multiplayer?

That's basically what they are trying to do here, trying to squeeze every last buck out of a small user base. That sort of thing usually doesn't fly on a full price game, those are F2P mechanics.

What really is this game about?