Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity (next gen)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    At last, stealth mode.
    That and controlled descent is awesome. The fact that you can descend from a building with jumping into a haystack (which always seemed a little absurd to me) or hugging a wall makes the navigation even better.

The demo honestly looks incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzBJPOcmke0

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    That and controlled descent is awesome. The fact that you can descend from a building with jumping into a haystack (which always seemed a little absurd to me) or hugging a wall makes the navigation even better.

Oh my god.

I loved AC2 and the way the cities were outlined. Felt like you could really climb and go anywhere. While AC3 and AC4 were okay, they didn't feel like traditional Creed games.

This looks amazing. The city is beautiful, the fact that you have so many side missions and that you can interact with so many parts of the city is mind-blowing. And the controlled descent and stealth mode are something the games needed a long time ago. Wasn't sure if I'd get this game, but looks like a day one purchase for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

HOLY SHIT!!

I may have to succumb to a PS4 after all. Omg.

Huge positives I noticed:

-Stealth gameplay from the Splinter Cell games. Awesome addition and long overdue.
    -Controlled descent looks and sounds good. I hope it's easy to control.
    -You can use disguises LIKE THE ACTUAL HISTORICAL HASHISHINS DID. About ****ing time.
    -Some combat features that disappeared after AC2 to make it easier seemed to have returned. Combat had really gotten boring.
    -Looks like eagle vision develops as you go through the game. This is a nice touch.

I really like the focus on actual assassinations being improved. My concern right now is the real world storyline. Will it be a continuation of Black Flag or something different? Personally I wouldn't mind a continuation as long as it moves that story arch forward and tie up some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-zIsiQSvA

[COLOR="White"]He just saved a Templar?[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]I guess that's why its named Unity?[/COLOR]

Spoilers in white if you didn't catch it somehow.
    That was tough not to catch haha. Very interesting. I wonder if it's a defector. I always thought Unity just refers to the co-op aspect of the gameplay (just like brotherhood referred to the recruits) but it could be something much larger.

So this is what is known so far about the background on Arno from various interviews, blogs, books, etc. that might shed light on the trailer Rose posted. I'll put it in white in case someone doesn't want to know.

[COLOR="White"]
    -Arno is not related to Desmond Miles
    -Arno is half Austrian and half French. His father murdered at age 8.
    -Arno was raised in Versailles by a Templar Grandmaster. Also murdered.
    -Arno eventually leaves Versailles and becomes an Assassin.
    -Elise, the female in the trailer, is a Templar and seems to have a history with Arno
    -Also, I remembered from being having been there, Arno is also a river that runs through Florence, Ezio's birthplace.
    [/COLOR]

I think I'm as hyped for this game as I was for AC2.

Really? Maybe spoilers in white: [COLOR="White"]I thought I read that his family was from a long line of Assassins?
    [/COLOR]
    Apparently the "Unity" part is gonna delve into what would happen if the two factions could work together. Also gonna shed some light on why they hate each other so much.

Honestly that news is the only thing that makes me excited for this game. It's gonna be the first one I don't preorder since the original one.

Well [COLOR="White"]he could still be from a long line of assassins, just not Desmond's lineage.[/COLOR]

I'm more excited about it now than I was before. The gameplay video looks amazing to me.

I thought we already knew why the Templars and Assassins hate each other (extreme ideological differences). Why do we need to focus on that even more?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Well [COLOR="White"]he could still be from a long line of assassins, just not Desmond's lineage.[/COLOR]

I'm more excited about it now than I was before. The gameplay video looks amazing to me.

I thought we already knew why the Templars and Assassins hate each other (extreme ideological differences). Why do we need to focus on that even more?
    I meant that [COLOR="White"]about being trained by the Templar. I guess it could be like the Kenways. [/COLOR]

I don't know. Pretty much whether or not an AC game is good largely depends on the setting. It is as much of a character as the protagonist in the games really. The French Revolution is a fantastic historical era. There's lots of cool shit going on, but having the game set mostly in Paris? Ehhh. I don't know.

I'm hoping there's something more there, like we find out the two factions were originally one and split over an ideological difference (obviously), or that there's more to the reason why the two are fighting. Maybe both sides have forgotten what the real reason is now aside from the ideological differences.

The formula is kinda getting stale. It's why I was hoping for a largely different AC this time around. One that focuses on the Templars instead, or maybe the events happening in the modern day after the end of AC 3. Because in a post AC 3 world, the Templars kind of need a new goal or maybe not goal, but new ends to reach that goal or something.

Plus that same damn Revelations director has me concerned, especially since he's put chemical bombs back in. I'm waiting to see what else is shitty. Sure the gameplay looks nice, but I'm largely skeptical of it mostly because of everything in this post.

And for the last gen
    Rogue

Okay-ish premise. Kinda upset the last gen has sailing stuff, may pick it up later on down the line if it gets good reviews.
    Last edited by Rose; 08-05-2014 at 12:50 PM.

And for the last gen
    Rogue

Okay-ish premise. Kinda upset the last gen has sailing stuff, may pick it up later on down the line if it gets good reviews.
    Rumors of making Rogue into a separate AC franchise if it takes off.

Rumors of making Rogue into a separate AC franchise if it takes off.
    I do think we need a Templar gme, but I don't want it as a separate franchise. I think that could lead to the fall of AC.Too much of the same stuff is bad. I think for a game or two it would be pretty cool, but yearly like AC? ehh.

I may have to succumb to a PS4 after all. Omg.
    I got a PS4 as a present yesterday.

Sunshine State

I like how it took 6 games to put a stealth mode into an assassin game

I don't get how people didn't figure out to be stealthy awhile ago?

The games specifically tell you how to be stealthy. Hide in a crowd, how to hide in a moving crowd, sit on a bench, move through grass but don't run, etc etc.

I like some of the changes specifically "parkour down", but I never really had a problem with that. I'd just fall for 2-3 seconds keep tapping x to grab a ledge and repeat till I got back down to the level I needed.

parkour down and other stuff

More details are coming out like the map as well.

One thing I'm really not liking the sound of is the one camera thing. I thought the camera angles since AC 3 had been really well done (and maybe a game or two before that), and it sounds like its a fixed camera as well. Not a huge fan of that specifically in AC.

Yeah I was just gonna say. It didn't take them 6 games, they advertised stealth in the first trailer of the first game (hiding within monks) and dozens of missions since have solely depended on using stealth. Just because they didn't employ the Splinter Cell style stealthy gameplay doesn't mean they didn't have any.

I like some of the changes specifically "parkour down", but I never really had a problem with that. I'd just fall for 2-3 seconds keep tapping x to grab a ledge and repeat till I got back down to the level I needed.
    Haha yeah I thought everybody did that. I did end up dying once in a while because some buildings sucked for that (the Duomo in Florence is one). I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean by the fixed camera...
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 08-12-2014 at 12:08 PM.