Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If American Football wasn't called "football", would it be more popular...

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    I watch a lot of NFL, but I can only watch the condensed games on game pass.

I see the way they tackle and its really not that big of a difference. Have you ever watched rugby?
    I don't even have to be american to give an answer to this, if you watched the video you know rugby players don't roam around to tackle a player in their blindside with the momentum they gathered from sprints.

If that answer doesn't explain it for you then this will : Newtons second law (F= M*S)
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 04-19-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Default Re: If American Football wasn't called "football", would it be more popular...

NFL players are launched at each other like missiles. They are destroying their bodies in the process. There's a lot of action and plenty of strategy.

You have 6'4" 250 lb line backers who run 4.5 or 4.6 40's launching themselves at players. The game is incredibly dangerous.

Why isn't Russian midget fighting popular around the world? Why isn't Sumo popular around the world?

American Football just doesn't have universal appeal. It's a bunch of marginal athletes on steroids running into each other in between commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Why isn't Russian midget fighting popular around the world? Why isn't Sumo popular around the world?

American Football just doesn't have universal appeal. It's a bunch of marginal athletes on steroids running into each other in between commercials.
    The NFL has many amazing athletes. Marginal? That's a joke and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    The NFL has many amazing athletes. Marginal? That's a joke and wrong.
    The NFL is a tiny professional sport. Tiny.

How many professional American Football players are there compared to other sports?

If there is any term to properly describe the NFL as a sport, marginal would be it. Marginal athletes, marginal talents, marginal entertainment value, marginal everything.

at the NFL having marginal athletes. NFL has some of the absolute best athletes on the planet. The combination of speed, agility, and strength is incredible.

You're clueless.

How many professional American Football players are there compared to other sports?

If there is any term to properly describe the NFL as a sport, marginal would be it. Marginal athletes, marginal talents, marginal entertainment value, marginal everything.
    rofl

Football is only the largest sport in America, pulls in the most revenue, gets the highest ratings, has the most peewee/junior leagues in the country, etc etc.

But yeah it's only marginal. lol give me a break

It's BY FAR the biggest sport in the United States, which happens to be one of the largest countries in the world. The best athletes in the NFL compare favorably to the best athletes in the NBA. Guys like Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Julius Peppers, etc. compare to any athletes.

It's so easy to draw out people's inner racist.

The #1 reason is that its too complicated and has too many players, you really have to invest a lot of time into it to know what's really going on, the formations, the strategy, the details, the execution. You could say the same about other sports, but football goes deep. For the people who are really into it, I can see how they think that no sport is comparable. It is a re-enactment of war.

Personally, I love it. Best genetics in the world, no other sport can compete, not nba, baseball, soccer, rugby, boxing, mma, australian rules fb, hockey, etc.

Earned not given

It's so easy to draw out people's inner racist.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

LOL @ baseball and football being slow and boring while acting like soccer is action-packed. Priceless. No bias there.

PPS. American Football is not tougher than Rugby or Australian Football. You guys were pads on every single part of your body LOL.
    That's because if they played American football without pads there would be fatalities every game.

I think the reason the sport isn't more famous is because most of the fat people in the world live in America and its the fat people that like the sport anyways...

[COLOR="White"]Jk[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    Who cares if it isn't popular around the rest of the world? I personally think the sport is ****en stupid, but i admire the Americans love for it. Infact i admire America for their love of all their pro sports pro leagues.

I read somewhere that 28/30 NFL teams are BILLION dollar franchises. Thats bloody amazing that even teams that finish last in the league, still have support and survive to get another chance. Compare that to European Basketball and Football where its always the exact same teams that stay strong or decades and win all the championships.

I love the Americans for their support of grassroots sports too. They get like 100 million viewers for HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE games ffs. Thats crazy! They also actively encourage youth to try harder in school, get an education, and then turn pro. Whilst in Europe 90% of soccer players are brain dead retards who quit school at 15 to join a club on trial.

I also love the idea of salary caps and drafts. It makes sport so much more fair and gives everyone a chance. Top European teams buy all the best players and the other teams are left with the scraps.

PS. American Football is so ****en boring. The only reason i watch it is because it feels like im viewing a Hollywood film!. The production, filming, player interaction and ESPN specials are what makes it SO good.

PPS. American Football is not tougher than Rugby or Australian Football. You guys were pads on every single part of your body LOL.

Some dude mentions that players get blindsided, they do in Aussie Football. Some other guy mentioned how big the players are in NFL. Dude have you ever played Rugby? Do you know how massive Maori and Pacific islanders are? They make African Americans look like 15 year old boys. Their woman are bigger than your average white dude! Those guys running at ya at full speed (without padding) is 10x worse than NFL players with helmets and shoulder pads.
    Good up until this point. Again the ignorance of the size, speed and athleticism of these athletes. Maori and Pacific Islanders make African Americans looks like 15 year old boys? Uh, no. Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Julius Peppers, etc. I've seen Rugby, the collisions don't compare and the padding players wear can only do so much. Some have argued that the helmets only make the collisions worse because they're using it as a weapon.