Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2018 Off Season Moves

What's everyone looking for to happen at the draft Thursday? There's part of me that would like to take a shot at a PG since we really lack depth there. It could be another SG drops there though. They still need another C too. I suppose it doesn't matter much. 2nd round picks are so tough to rely on. It's pretty much all we have to look forward to this post season though lol.

NBA lottery pick

What does everyone think about the draft? I actually like Thomas. Have no idea on Brown. I think he'll be in the G-league all season. What is odd to me is we gave up 2 second round pics to get one. Not a smart idea for a team that has 0 cap flexibility. In a league where you need those cheap players to give them away so easily is kinda crazy. The other thing to consider is if we give one of those up in say 2021, that could be when high schoolers first get allowed in the draft again and it could be an extremely deep draft. That 2nd rounder turns into nearly a 1st round pick with far less money attached to them. I think it's kinda weird that we took two more SG's too. We just drafted Kennard and he seems like he's going to be the starter there for quite a while. They also have Bullock (they said they will resign him) who can play there and Galloway. It's the most overloaded position they have. They should have looked at C, PF, or PG it seems like.

NBA lottery pick

Also, what are your thoughts on that Blake Griffin trade now? Could have had Porter with our draft pick. I would have rather took that gamble and kept Tobias. Seems like a better young core. It's not like the Pistons are competing for a championship yet. May as well have a bunch of young assets that can help us get there.

NBA lottery pick

NBA lottery pick

Good article on SF's.
    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ard/744040002/

Probably the biggest hole we have in the lineup. I doubt they could afford him but I would go after Beasley. He could immediately start at SF and provide some much needed scoring. I also liked the idea of Williams at the FA camp. Ennis seems to be the guy they plan to resign. Saw that in the rumors today.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE]Shams Charania: Sources: Robinson will sign a two-year, $8.3M deal with the Pistons, including team option. Robinson has financial security and Detroit gets talented wing.

NBA lottery pick

Bummer we won't be seeing Kennard in summer league. There's not a lot to look forward to this year.

NBA lottery pick

Ellenson has had a pretty bad summer league. Being that it's his 3rd go at this he should be dominating out there. Last summer he did. He's unfortunately starting to look like a bust.

NBA lottery pick

Apparently the Pistons have talked about trading for Jimmy Butler. That would be very interesting. I wonder what they would have to give up.

So far, few franchises, if any, are engaged in serious conversations with the Timberwolves on Butler, sources said. But the list of organizations interested in talking further with Minnesota is significant, league sources said: Brooklyn, Detroit, Houston, the LA Clippers, Miami, Philadelphia and Portland are among the teams interested in probing for deals.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

probably too much. big salary to match so its likely jackson (do they want?) or maybe something like a first, a decent young like kennard and maybe leur and filler to match salaries? Sounds like offers are low, so maybe they should shake the tree

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    probably too much. big salary to match so its likely jackson (do they want?) or maybe something like a first, a decent young like kennard and maybe leur and filler to match salaries? Sounds like offers are low, so maybe they should shake the tree
    Yeah, it's definitely worth looking into. Butler, Griffin, Drummond would be a very good big 3 in the East. They still wouldn't be favored over Boston but they would be right up there with the top seeds and at least have a decent chance.

Such an up and down opening night ...

Positives:
    1 - Blake gelled with the offense much better than last year. His penetration led to 3-4 open looks down low to Drummond
    2 - Kennard confidence to shoot looks up from last year.
    3 - ZaZa is a nice backup piece, even tho at times his lack of speed can be difficult on the defensive end
    4 - team seems to be having fun, big part imo has to due with Casey's demeanor
    5 - Bruce Brown plays really damn hard

Negatives:
    1 - Drummond got roasted on defense multiple times
    2 - Every team goes through slumps during a game, Pistons slumps always seem to be rife with as bad of play as you can get
    3 - Reggie had a really bad game shot selection wise

It's nice to start the season w/ a win and it's nice to see parts of the game filled with a legitimate offensive gameplan. Still remains a lot of work to do, but getting Bullock back for spacing and shooting will help.

Good thread. Will keep eye on it

NBA lottery pick

I'm not super excited for this season for the Pistons. Sure they have a shot to make the playoffs. I just don't like the direction they took. Mediocrity makes me so upset. Be really good or really bad trying to. Don't just settle.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm not super excited for this season for the Pistons. Sure they have a shot to make the playoffs. I just don't like the direction they took. Mediocrity makes me so upset. Be really good or really bad trying to. Don't just settle.
    i think mediocre is selling them the slightest bit short. They aren't contending, there is a clear gap between the top two teams in the East and them, but I feel like they are going to compete with everyone else in the 3-8 range. Dwayne Casey is already a much needed presence in late game situations.