Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Yep, this year and next. Counts against the cap but not for the luxury tax.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease SixerFan03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    Yep, this year and next. Counts against the cap but not for the luxury tax.
    OK, then I don't think they'll be under the cap next season. In two years they will be. They should re-sign Howard.

The problem with the Mavs, is that Dampier's contract is terrible. If they can find a team to take him, they might be able to actually do something in free agency. In 2 years I think they'll be under the cap, though. I'm just no sure by how much.

The Mavs basically did this deal because they no longer needed Daniels. They traded him for a player who will be gone in a year and have no effect on the franchise.

NBA sixth man of the year

Austin only makes 7.3 million this year. I thought he made at least 9 mill. Interesting.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

They should be over the cap in 07-08, then under in 08-09. Like you said not sure how much. That will be determined by how much they extend Dirk and Howard for.
    Last edited by Silent Mav; 07-05-2006 at 11:09 PM.

Yeah, this is obviously a save money deal for the Mavericks. I saw an interview with Cuban a while back that made it seem like the loose spending days for the Mavericks are over a bit. I think he wants to get a little smarter with the cash flowing out, and Croshere's expiring contract is perfect for that. And for this year at least, he's a decent replacement for Van Horn.

For the Pacers, just trying to build up the talent base on team, after losing Peja and Artest...not a bad move for either team...

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    http://home.earthlink.net/~jtkramer65/05-06salaries.htm

Look at the Salaries before you say things. Austin Is owed almost 9 million and Marquis are 6. So that means if this is true the Mavs would have to give up more salary.

But Austin is an experir

Yeah Croshere makes more but his salary is coming off the books next year giving the Mavs room to pick someone up next year in a trade or have more money to extend one of their players.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Van Horn and Croshere on the same team?

Wow, what will the Mavericks do then? Bringing in Matt Bonner, Brian Scalabrine, Nikoloz Tskitishvilli and Matt Freije? Absolutely horrible deal for the Mavericks.

Saw a basketball once

Van Horn is gone anyways. Theres no reason to bring him back.

Dallas won't be able to sign any free agents outright for a long time, all they can do is: S&T, or use the MLE, or LLE.

My guess is they use Croshere as a spot shooter for half the season and then package him for a decent player, teams always want an expirer. They traded for him to use him to acquire a big name player. Book it.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Cuban is trying to get his Cap under controll. Dirk will get a yr deal after next season he can opt out of his contract which he will so he can sign a 6 yr extention. Add in Dampier contract, Terrys and Finley still on the book. The Mavs will not be able to sign Peirce or Vince.

There are alot of uneducated ppl on this board. PPL read about Basket and the rules and CBA please help to develope the intellegance of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Van Horn and Croshere on the same team?

Wow, what will the Mavericks do then? Bringing in Matt Bonner, Brian Scalabrine, Nikoloz Tskitishvilli and Matt Freije? Absolutely horrible deal for the Mavericks.
    Sacred, you know better than that my friend. Keith is a FA, Croshere is simply a replacement.

Basically Dallas traded Quis and Van Horn for Ager and Croshere, take it for what you want, that is the truth.

What is interesting about this is that Dallas just opened up alot of money to sign a major MLE player. Since backup PF (Croshere) and SG (Ager), this tells me that Mike James is 100% headed to the Mavs:

PG-Mike James | Devin Harris | Darrel Armstrong
    SG-Jason Terry | Jerry Stackhouse | Mo Ager
    SF-Josh Howard | Adrian Griffin | Rawle Marshall
    PF-Dirk Nowitzki | Austin Croshere | Josh Powell
    CT-Sagana Swat | Erick Dampier | DJ Mbenga | Pavel

So, either the team doesn't re-sign DA or Griff, or the team saves their MLE and brings back the other same 13 other than Croshere (Van Horn) and Ager (Quis).

I like the deal because it opens up the MLE and it gives Quis a shot to play. Quis is a heck of a talent, he just needs the right situation, not sure if it is Indy but I like the idea for him atleast.

Not airballing my layups anymore

As a Pacer fan, I'd be interested in hearing Mavs' fans take on Daniels' strengths and weaknesses. I've seen him play a bit, but his playing time seemed sporadic in the playoffs.

As a Pacer fan, I'd be interested in hearing Mavs' fans take on Daniels' strengths and weaknesses.
    i think if you give him 30 minutes a game he is good for 15/5/5.

people think he is slow but he isnt. he just glides across the court.

he has a great midrange game but past 18 feet he cant shoot worth a lick. sometimes he has trouble finishing but he is good at getting his rebound on misses. his passing is pretty good though he will force it now and then.

on D he is solid though he gambles quite a bit in the passing lanes (though with great success) but he is not good at running through screens.

he is fearless but sometimes seems to lose track of the game. also he has been hurt a little much however I think his injuries have been more bad luck than anything. last year he nearly had his head taken off by Kurt Thomas and messed up his neck (and season, he was starting and playing well at the time) the year before he had an apendectomy in the middle of the year.

enjoy him, i know ill miss him. i really hope the Mavs didnt just give away another Raja Bell, but i feel like they did.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease SixerFan03's Avatar

Mav fans, what are your thoughts on Devin Harris?

From the little I've seen of him, I think he might become a pretty decent PG. I'm not sure about his shooting or defense, though.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

nice trade.