Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Serious playground baller DJMason's Avatar

Default Re: OT: girlfriend wants me to move in with her

Quote Originally Posted by FCardelle
    People that don't live together before marriage are religious people who won't divorce even if the marriage goes badly. This is an easy explanation to that stat.
    Another fun fact, the divorce rate in America's 'bible belt' is higher than that elsewhere, and I've just attended an agnostic wedding from people who didn't live together and will again in August. I think there's more to the stat than religion. Mainly people get coaxed into marriage when they're already living together because "hey why not, nothing will really change". The problem is when they, like bokey, were also coaxed into moving in together for the same reason. Slippery sloap. I stand by you either want to marry a chick or don't. Keep your freedom while you can.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Yeah the religion part I don't think has much impact on the stats.

As for the thread, I think that if you're asking the question, on a forum or with your buddies, and don't have many reasons outside of rent to do it, the answer is a clear 'no' - at least to this observer.

Learning to shoot layups

Buddy, the first thing I would do is to move out of your friend's place. Be considerate and leave before they pretty much kick you out (that would affect ur relationship with ur friend and his/her family).

As for the girl, thats completely up to you but dont find excuses abt why it would not work and focus on why it would work.

Good Luck

The situation is resolved. Me and that girl aren't together anymore, she has major issues. And i'm renting a room right now. It's not glamorous or anything but it's something I can manage for now while I build up to be on my own again.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    The situation is resolved. Me and that girl aren't together anymore, she has major issues. And i'm renting a room right now. It's not glamorous or anything but it's something I can manage for now while I build up to be on my own again.
    Well there are plenty of women out there, anyways.

Just hope your living situation and future gets better man. That's really important right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Well there are plenty of women out there, anyways.

Just hope your living situation and future gets better man. That's really important right now.
    thanks man. My living situation is what it is right now. I can deal with it in spite of the fact that it's a downgrade from my previous living arrangement before getting fired from my old job. BUT, what i'm most concerned about is that for one thing the Boston area has kind of worn on me, i'm ready to try someplace new. And secondly, i'm tired of doing entry level positions that really don't even use the degree that I paid so much money for so i'm at a crossroads as to whether to keep trying for better jobs or to look towards more schooling.