Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default We gonna pretend like DLee isn't an All-Star?

I watch every Dubs game (and a lot of other teams..too much time on my hands) and I think it's a bit unfair how little fanfare David Lee is getting.

He had a slow start to the season statistically, but honestly he should even be applauded for that. He knew there were new weapons (Iggy) and didn't try to dominate the offense and simply gave everyone there chances. Even before Iggy went down the Warriors weren't looking GREAT. They were unsure of their offense. They were slowing down and setting up the offense a lot. They were relying on their guards.

Once they (the coach/them) got back to push it up basketball and playing inside outside with David Lee the Dubs got on the tear they are on now. Iggy is a HUGE part of it, but he provides stability moreso than being an engine. With him, everyone knows their minutes and role.

For anyone that watched the Dubs the last 10 games they know now DLee or Bogut get the rebound and they start dribbling and pushing it hard themselves. They don't wait to hand it off to a guard. DLee might be the second best ballhandler on the team. He's easily got the best handles of any non-Lebron James pf in the league.

Curry has actually been somewhat sucking compared to his normal incredibly high standards. He still has good stats but has been missing a ton ton of shots he usually just knocks down.

Last 30 days average stats: 21.8 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 2.3 apg on 56% and 83%. You simply can't be better than that offensively (beside Klove, Lebron, Durant).The difference between him and Klove is that he scores in a predictable way that is not empty stats. He gets to the rim. He has more points in the paint (by a wide margin) in the entire league then the next closest player.

His defense is hella overtalked about. It's not like he is one of those no effort players. He moves his feet pretty well and stays in front of people. He gets dominated by players that can make shots while guarded or are simply too athletic close to the hoop (e.g Serge). Considering that he has Bogut next to him protecting him this is not that big of a deal. There are a few awful matchups for him in the NBA, but overall he does a good job of adhering to a team mentality of defense. He helps when he should, he communicates, he stays in front of his man, and he absolutely clears the boards. He doesn't have the length to be a great pf defender, but honestly he does do a decent job. His main weakness is once the play gets to within 4 or so feet of the hoop his short arms make it tough for him to have any effectiveness.

Default Re: We gonna pretend like DLee isn't an All-Star?

Lee is the warriors most consistent player

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

we way he finish near the basket with his hooks are unstoppable

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Explain to me why Kevin Love's stats are more empty than David Lee's?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Because Lee is on a winning team?

Seriously, tho. Love is Lee on steroids, in terms of perception. People said the exact same things about Lee earlier in this career that do with Love now. On steroids in the sense that some see Love as a franchise player while Lee was never thought of as more than a really offensively talented role player.

Lee has my favorite offense skill set for a PF in the NBA. 15 foot Jumper, off the dribble, post up, terrific touch, ambidextrous, great passer, unselfish player... Fun to watch.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 01-08-2014 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    we way he finish near the basket with his hooks are unstoppable

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    I have both on my fantasy yahoo team...i love his stats lol. Basketball is a game of style and identity though. Love's identity becomes his team's identity. His identity is to shoot a jumper. For a big man, I don't believe that is a winning style in the NBA. I believe for a team to be successful they have to have a super consistent way of getting to the rim. Kevin Love is a beast statistically but as a teammate I'd find it much harder to play with a big man that chucks up as many outside shots as he does.

With Lee, he drives drives drives. Even when he misses Bogut can clean up (or Lee can board and put it back himself). Considering they have good shooters on their team, it makes for a consistent inside/outside game. Klove's play results in inconsistency from his team. A back to the basket big man is a much more valuable weapon/anchor than a jump shooting big man.

On that token, I think Klove would be a perfect complement to a variety of players. I don't think he has empty stats...just that his stats aren't necessarily going to lead a team to playoff w's. I would rather have 20 ppg, 15 rpg, 4 apg if he decided to play 13 feet and in. Make other people shooters on his team and be a pivot anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Last 30 days average stats: 21.8 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 2.3 apg on 56% and 83%. You simply can't be better than that offensively (beside Klove, Lebron, Durant).The difference between him and Klove is that he scores in a predictable way that is not empty stats. He gets to the rim. He has more points in the paint (by a wide margin) in the entire league then the next closest player.

How the hell has Lamarcus Aldridge not been mentioned in this thread? His stats over last 30 days : 23.6ppg, 12.6rpg, 3.3ast 1.3blk
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 01-08-2014 at 02:31 AM.

David Lee is my favorite player in the NBA. He really is the complete package on offense. Can shoot the midrange. Can pass from the high and low post. Can drive and finish both left and right. Can finish with his left or right on the low post... and he can kill you on the offensive glass.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    How the hell has Lamarcus Aldridge not been mentioned in this thread? His stats over last 30 days : 23.6ppg, 12.6rpg, 3.3ast 1.3blk
    Yeah, I didn't realize he was doing THAT good statistically. He's one of my fav players so I know his impact. He's a TRUE impact player. Bangs down low, plays awesome D, doesn't stat pad at all. A true anchor and impact player. He's actually been a bit better than that for the past 30 days averages btw:

25.5 ppg, 13.2 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.4 bpg on 46% and 83%

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Yes, I was going to pretend like he wasn't. I think Ill still go ahead with my plan.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Because everyone has LMA as a lock to make the All-Star team, the whole point of the thread is to give some love to a guy who has got zero hype this season despite maybe playing one of the best months of basketball his life and the Warriors have started winning.

There's a lot of guys in the West who are All-Stars but won't be named All-Stars.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    I have both on my fantasy yahoo team...i love his stats lol. Basketball is a game of style and identity though. Love's identity becomes his team's identity. His identity is to shoot a jumper. For a big man, I don't believe that is a winning style in the NBA. I believe for a team to be successful they have to have a super consistent way of getting to the rim. Kevin Love is a beast statistically but as a teammate I'd find it much harder to play with a big man that chucks up as many outside shots as he does.

With Lee, he drives drives drives. Even when he misses Bogut can clean up (or Lee can board and put it back himself). Considering they have good shooters on their team, it makes for a consistent inside/outside game. Klove's play results in inconsistency from his team. A back to the basket big man is a much more valuable weapon/anchor than a jump shooting big man.

On that token, I think Klove would be a perfect complement to a variety of players. I don't think he has empty stats...just that his stats aren't necessarily going to lead a team to playoff w's. I would rather have 20 ppg, 15 rpg, 4 apg if he decided to play 13 feet and in. Make other people shooters on his team and be a pivot anchor.
    I agree with you. I don't believe Klove can win a championship as the 1st option, but he'd be a hell of a 2nd option IMO and there are many players he would complement very well (Dwight for example). The notion of empty stats come to me as stats accumulated during garbage time which doesn't apply to Klove, I believe lee would have the same amount success if not worse as the 1st option on a team so it's not really fair to address Klove's stat as empty. Although I do think klove's rebounding isn't as good as his stats show, too often does he get 2-3 boards just off his own misses near the hoop

On another note, I really hope the wolves make the playoffs this year, I find them very exciting to watch. A playoff series between the wolves and warriors would be awesome
    Last edited by Fire Colangelo; 01-08-2014 at 04:51 AM.

why is there a question mark at the end of thread title when no question is being asked?

Aldridge has been getting MVP talks. He'll make the All-Star team for sure. Not sure about Lee. There is what, 6 spots for Forwards?

So we're looking at Durant, Aldridge, Love, and Griffin for sure. Then the final two spots will be between Dirk, Duncan, Davis, Cousins, Howard, and Lee.