Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Garnett+Pierce+Kirilenko

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bella
    They may be old but this team is built to win now. And so they will!
    I like your optimism! Hope it works out, because I want to see Kirlikenko win one and for someone to take that stupid arrogant smile off his face, and I think if this team isn't injured they could be good. But again the same thing was said about the Lakers and they failed. It depends if everybody is there playing and not on the bench, injured.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    While we don't need a new thread about the Nets ever day, we added a boat load of defensive prowess to our team.

My ideal lineup would be Deron, Joe, AK, KG and Brook. This lineup would be the number one defense and rebounding team in the NBA and defense wins championships. It would also give Paul ample rest on his older body.

Have Shaun, Terry, Paul, Evans and Blatche come off the bench.
    No way does Pierce agree to come off the bench for Brooklyn. He probably would have for Boston.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    No way does Pierce agree to come off the bench for Brooklyn. He probably would have for Boston.

he will dont be surprised ;)

AARP squad

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    That's a hell of a second unit, too. I could see it getting a playoff spot in the East.
    the celtics were a 500 team last year

you think that replacing rondo, kg and bradley, with blatche shaun livingston, and reggie evans and they dont lose a ton more games?

thats crazy.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    If Jason Kidd proposes the idea I don't reckon Paul Pierce saying no to that. However, I don't think anyone is ready to degrade Pierce to the bench in favor of someone who misses 20 games per year. Our lineup would be better with AK in it though. Our defense would be like number 1 in the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    If Jason Kidd proposes the idea I don't reckon Paul Pierce saying no to that. However, I don't think anyone is ready to degrade Pierce to the bench in favor of someone who misses 20 games per year. Our lineup would be better with AK in it though. Our defense would be like number 1 in the NBA.
    Not with players like D Will, JJ & Lopez in the starting line up, also, if Pierce sits, whose the great defensive depth on the bench?

Blatche is okay, but everyone else would suck. Bulls, Pacers and probably even the Heat would have a better defense in the East alone.

Kidd, the rookie coach is going to send Pierce, the veteran whose bbf is the new defacto leader of the team, and whose assistant coach who will actually be coaching the team is a huge supporter of, to the bench as one of his first duties?

Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Not with players like D Will, JJ & Lopez in the starting line up, also, if Pierce sits, whose the great defensive depth on the bench?

Blatche is okay, but everyone else would suck. Bulls, Pacers and probably even the Heat would have a better defense in the East alone.
    Joe Johnson is a good defender and Brook Lopez is not terrible.

Banned

Joe Johnson is a good defender and Brook Lopez is not terrible.
    Joe Johnson is not a good defender, I went to plenty of games in the Barclays Center last year and saw this several times. Brook is an adequate and much improved defender, but I think it's quite a stretch of even ItsaVC3!'s imagination to suggest the Nets would have the best defense.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Joe Johnson is not a good defender, I went to plenty of games in the Barclays Center last year and saw this several times. Brook is an adequate and much improved defender, but I think it's quite a stretch of even ItsaVC3!'s imagination to suggest the Nets would have the best defense.
    with ak, kg and brook yes they would. brook is a good defender. not great, but good. pair him up with kg and ak and your front court is the best defense. and deron and joe are above average. not great, but not bad.

They could be the best defensive team KG brings experience and Brook Lopez is tall and will greatly benefit from him. Kevin Garnett is the man that made Kendrick Perkins look like one of the best defensive centers. Joe Johnson is good if he tries and with a contending team he will most likely put in more effort.

Banned

They could be the best defensive team KG brings experience and Brook Lopez is tall and will greatly benefit from him. Kevin Garnett is the man that made Kendrick Perkins look like one of the best defensive centers. Joe Johnson is good if he tries and with a contending team he will most likely put in more effort.
    The problem with your argument is that you are expecting all this to happen, not one of the things you mentioned is guaranteed. What happens to your defensive rating when KG/AK go down for their usual 15 or so games per year due to injury?

Indy
    Bulls
    Heat

Will undoubtedly be better on defense, maybe another 2 or so teams around the league that could finish in front of the Nets in points allowed. No doubt you will point out that I'm a Knicks fan but that has no relevance here and I think most of the board would agree with my suggestion.

Yeah... no.

Improved and top 10?
    Sure.

The best.
    Not a chance.

D.Will/JJ/PP

Too big and too slow to guard the perimeter well.

Banned

They have talent but they have 2 really big holes
    1-IDK how Pierce and JJ work together. Its just an odd fit.
    2-They arent ever going to get a single rebound when evans isnt in.