Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

I am a mental defective

NBA rookie of the year

Millwad.

I was in the top 5.9% when I did "Hogskoleprovet" which is equal to the american SAT test.

Thread abuser

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Millwad.

I was in the top 5.9% when I did "Hogskoleprovet" which is equal to the american SAT test.
    I don't know about smartest, but you're top 2 most full of shit on here. So insecure it's not even funny.

you actually put dolphin on your list? you deserve a second neg for that

Dolphin really mindraped this guy.

Samurai Swoosh

I've seen some really smart people on here. After reading their articulated thoughts, makes me feel like Derrick Rose.

   

nanners and jeffersonmoney... d'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    nanners and jeffersonmoney... d'oh!
    Nanners? Yikes. I'd put PT ahead of the Nanners guy.

5-time NBA All-Star

Anyone here feel like having big balls and great social skills beats out pure IQ nowadays?

I fukking sukk at arguing but have an insane ability to process information quickly and lots of it.

Meanwhile guys like Rasheed1 don't seem to be bookwormy but are good at articulating words and responses.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Anyone here feel like having big balls and great social skills beats out pure IQ nowadays?

I fukking sukk at arguing but have an insane ability to process information quickly and lots of it.

Meanwhile guys like Rasheed1 don't seem to be bookwormy but are good at articulating words and responses.

IQ doesn't equal pure intelligence. Having a high IQ means you are really good at solving the type of puzzles they put on IQ tests. We've all seen people that are brilliant when it comes to doing math or logic-based problems but can't talk to another human being worth sh*t.

There are people that are social geniuses, musical geniuses, athletes that can process spatial awareness at a high level is a form of genius, etc.

And I totally agree. Having great social skills far outweighs anybody's ability to be great a math or programming or some sh*t like that. In law school for example, there is a saying that goes like "all the A students become professors, all the B students become judges, and the C students make all the money." It's because most of the time all the kids who are dedicated enough in their studies to get straight A's in the program are socially inept, and can't handle the the social demands of the practice.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

Easily, I speak 4 languages fluently and I when I did the swedish version of the SATs I was in the top 5.8% BUT I'm a freaking retard and my mind is equal with a pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    IQ doesn't equal pure intelligence. Having a high IQ means you are really good at solving the type of puzzles they put on IQ tests. We've all seen people that are brilliant when it comes to doing math or logic-based problems but can't talk to another human being worth sh*t.

There are people that are social geniuses, musical geniuses, athletes that can process spatial awareness at a high level is a form of genius, etc.

And I totally agree. Having great social skills far outweighs anybody's ability to be great a math or programming or some sh*t like that. In law school for example, there is a saying that goes like "all the A students become professors, all the B students become judges, and the C students make all the money." It's because most of the time all the kids who are dedicated enough in their studies to get straight A's in the program are socially inept, and can't handle the the social demands of the practice.
    This got to be one of the dumbest and more ignorant thing i have ever laid my eyes upon.

Sorry your are butthurt because your IQ score is low, but you're not living on a cave right now thanks to the guys with high IQ.

You can teach social skills, you can't teach high IQ. And ever wonder that those guys have low social skills because the were always picked on by those guys with "great socials skills".

Your ignorance is truly remarkable. That part of high IQ = good at IQ puzzles is brilliant!

- As much as it pains me to say it ( considering he is from NYC and is a Boston C's fan)

- "KevinNYC" seems to know alot about a wide range of subjects ( i've talked to him about Politics all the way to Fossil Fuels)...and although we argue about certain things...he seems to know alot about many diffrent avenue's..

a very cerebral poster.....( that's how I guage smarts anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - As much as it pains me to say it ( considering he is from NYC and is a Boston C's fan)

- "KevinNYC" seems to know alot about a wide range of subjects ( i've talked to him about Politics all the way to Fossil Fuels)...and although we argue about certain things...he seems to know alot about many diffrent avenue's..

Agreed. He's got a pretty dry sense of humor too. He comes across as someone who could engage in some intense conversation but would also be down to going out and getting stupid drunk.

Banned

I hardly see him post about basketball nowadays

Actually I'm pretty much a Brooklyn Nets fan these days. I was too young for glory days of the Knicks and my Dad was a Dave Cowens fan, so I grew up a as a Celtics fan even before they drafted Bird, but I haven't been a hardcore fan of any team sine I was in my 20's. Actually when I joined ISH it was part of return to basketball fandom brought on by the Magic-Bird nostalgia that was going around. I did, of course, root for the Celtics against LA in recent years.