Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Is this real life?

I think James Harden should be leading the MVP race right now. I never thought I'd say that! He's done the most with the least cause of all our injuries. I don't feel like digging up stats. Who's your pick for mvp as of right now?

Default Re: Is this real life?

He's barely shooting 40%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    He's barely shooting 40%
    Will no one ever get that fg% doesn't matter? we have other tools to measure players efficiency. James Harden has not been as efficient as past years but he is still efficient.

Less than 18 shots for 25 ppg on top of his 6 rpg and 7 apg. He has been balling out of his mind.

He's barely shooting 40%
    I didn't say he's statistically the best player in the nba. They don't have an award for that. I'm saying he's the "most valuable player" in the nba. Most valuable to his team. Follow me?

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzly
    Will no one ever get that fg% doesn't matter? we have other tools to measure players efficiency. James Harden has not been as efficient as past year but he is still efficient.

Less than 18 shots for 25 ppg on top of his 6 rpg and 7 apg. He has been balling out of his mind.
    it does matter. one just shouldn't use it by itself. And 18 shots for 25 points is misleading because getting to the line still uses possessions, just recorded as free throw attempts. Like we have seen the last two years, that style doesn't get it done in the playoffs. James is great, but you guys are acting like he's locking people down. He's playing adequate defense, above average for him, but it hasn't really been good i'll take jimmy butler over harden. he not only scores on his level, but he regularly locks down his match up.

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    it does matter. one just shouldn't use it by itself. And 18 shots for 25 points is misleading because getting to the line still uses possessions, just recorded as free throw attempts. Like we have seen the last two years, that style doesn't get it done in the playoffs. James is great, but you guys are acting like he's locking people down. He's playing adequate defense, above average for him, but it hasn't really been good i'll take jimmy butler over harden. he not only scores on his level, but he regularly locks down his match up.
    If JB ever becomes the first option or even second option on a team, I would imagine his ppg would take a large dip. Even then though, I'm talking mvp. Not so much just stats.

Will no one ever get that fg% doesn't matter? we have other tools to measure players efficiency. James Harden has not been as efficient as past years but he is still efficient.

Honestly, who gives a shit about his "efficiency" when he repeatedly chokes in the playoffs? I couldn't care less about his efficiency when he plays a bullshit style of basketball tailor-made to succeed in the regular season and collapse in the postseason..it's predictable as hell, and I'm baffled as to why people still take his regular season performances seriously.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Honestly, who gives a shit about his "efficiency" when he repeatedly chokes in the playoffs? I couldn't care less about his efficiency when he plays a bullshit style of basketball tailor-made to succeed in the regular season and collapse in the postseason..it's predictable as hell, and I'm baffled as to why people still take his regular season performances seriously.
    I am fully aware of his choking, but if we are talking about RS MVP he has a good case.

We'll see if he can start playing good in the playoffs for once.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

He's barely shooting 40%
    And your point?

They're winning with poor talent.

Harden is the MVP so far. Deal.

Yeah I dunno why or how the playoff performances keep coming up when I'm talking about RS MVP as of right now which is only like 2 months into the season. Try to stay on topic here folks. If you disagree that he's the mvp, let us know who you think is and why. All that other shit go somewhere else.

I am fully aware of his choking, but if we are talking about RS MVP he has a good case.

We'll see if he can start playing good in the playoffs for once.
    Eh I guess, he's been playing well so far. But with the 6th easiest schedule..we need to wait before we anoint him one of the MVP leaders.

Eh I guess, he's been playing well so far. But with the 6th easiest schedule..we need to wait before we anoint him one of the MVP leaders.
    The thing about it are all the injuries we've had. Easy schedule, but these teams have been better overall cause we have no depth at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    The thing about it are all the injuries we've had. Easy schedule, but these teams have been better overall cause we have no depth at all.
    Which of those teams has a supposed top 10 player though?

Which of those teams has a supposed top 10 player though?
    Bean? I see your point

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Bean? I see your point
    that they lost to?