Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Default Re: This is what Kobe should have been for the last decade.

Kobe, the only player in NBA history that gets shitted on for either shooting or passing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    What would be ideal for Kobe is a balance between the 2 approaches. 2008 is a perfect example, the roster overachieved because he was individually dominant when he had to be, played both ends, and made his teammates better. The 2001 playoffs are the other example of Kobe at his best in terms of approach and all around game.
    That would be good, no doubt. He won't able to play the same level of defense obviously, but the all-around game is definitely reasonable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

LA's on a 15-0 run right now with Kobe on the bench.

Minnesota has went 1-11 since Kevin Love went out Jan 4...they aren't just bad right now, they are terrible.
    This.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

So he actively tried to rack up assists, and he gets the ball more than anyone in the league besides Durant and Lebron, and yet he could only get 8 assists against the T-Wolves.

Not sure if that's an accomplishment or proof that his passing vision is average at best.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 02-02-2013 at 01:02 AM.

So he actively tried to rack up assists, and he gets the ball more than anyone in the league besides Durant and Lebron, and yet he could only get 8 assists.

Not sure if that's an accomplishment or proof that his passing vision is average at best.
    What about the back to back 14 assist games?

Very good NBA starter

How could you watch the last 5 games and think he has average passing vision? Dude has thrown so many sick interior passes for easy layups and dunks. No, the problem is that he's not a freaking PG. It doesn't come naturally to him (Duh). It's pathetic that the best player on the team can't even take play to his greatest strength BY FAR, which is scoring the ball. Dude is a top 5 scorer in history. And he has to go out there and completely change his game just so his teammates can feel more "involved" so that they can play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    What about the back to back 14 assist games?
    Those were good.

These last two games were bad for him.

So like I said, he's average.

Those were good.

how can kobe be average when hes the best player in the league? makes no sense

Those were good.

lol

Very good NBA starter

You're an idiot.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    How could you watch the last 5 games and think he has average passing vision? Dude has thrown so many sick interior passes for easy layups and dunks. No, the problem is that he's not a freaking PG. It doesn't come naturally to him (Duh). It's pathetic that the best player on the team can't even take play to his greatest strength BY FAR, which is scoring the ball. Dude is a top 5 scorer in history. And he has to go out there and completely change his game just so his teammates can feel more "involved" so that they can play defense.

Exactly.

The guy who should be adjusting is Howard. It is a pity Jim Buss screwed up by hiring Pringles instead of Phil,because he is the only one I think who could have gotten Dwight to play like Bynum did near the end of the 2010-11 season.(focus on defense and put-backs).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    how can kobe be average when hes the best player in the league? makes no sense
    I was talking about his passing skills.

And no overall he's not the best, wtf, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3

When you get your number called on as much as he does, and are actively turning down shots to prove people wrong or whatever he is doing, I would sure hope you would be able to find some cutters and slashers for open lay-ups a few times.

For him to not reach double digit assists in this strange "I'm not shooting anymore and I'm getting assists" situation twice is pretty telling.

Very good NBA starter

When you get your number called on as much as he does, and are actively turning down shots to prove people wrong or whatever he is doing,
    Oh yeah. That's exactly what he's doing. It can't be him simply trying to get his teammates more engaged. No, it's all him trying to prove people wrong.

LOL. It's hilarious how you people think you know what's going on inside the dude's head. When it he was scoring 30+ a night it was him going for the scoring title. Now it's him trying to prove people wrong. SMH.
    For him to not reach double digit assists in this strange "I'm not shooting anymore and I'm getting assists" situation twice is pretty telling.
    Who gives a shit if he doesn't hit double-digits or not? He had 9 in his previous game and 8 tonight with his teammates missing a TON of easy baskets he created for them. In the previous three games he had 14,14, and 11. That's an average of 11.2 APG. lol @ average passing ability. Seriously, watch the games.

Those were good.