Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Official trade rumors thread

Reported by the one and only, ISH.

You are a laker FO employee. Do you see anyone from the mavericks that can make this team better? Who would you trade for? Who would you offer in return?

Discuss.

Default Re: Mavs open to deals

Pau for Dirk. Never gonna to happen.

We need more energy on the defensive end.

It wouldn't solve our problem of soft power forward. But yes on any given day I would do that trade in a heart beat. Realistically speaking now, It just seems to me that Pau is all but gone.

It doesn't take 5 games to recover from a concussion, as soft as anyone can be. This leads me to speculate Pau might actually start being shopped, if not already. Now that the mavs are open to making moves, I am sitting here thinking about the possible changes that the lakers would consider making. OJ Mayo to me has always been "pretty good"....Could he be an option the lakers are pursuing? What could we get right now?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    It wouldn't solve our problem of soft power forward. But yes on any given day I would do that trade in a heart beat. Realistically speaking now, It just seems to me that Pau is all but gone.

It doesn't take 5 games to recover from a concussion, as soft as anyone can be. This leads me to speculate Pau might actually start being shopped, if not already. Now that the mavs are open to making moves, I am sitting here thinking about the possible changes that the lakers would consider making. OJ Mayo to me has always been "pretty good"....Could he be an option the lakers are pursuing? What could we get right now?
    Salary wise dealing with Mavs there needs to third involved i believe? Pau contract is not that easy to move.

I dont know how Kobe would be affected by such trade. He has always said that he feels Pau like a brother. But tbh i never thought that the twin tower setup worked. Pau plays better as a C imo.
    Last edited by fiddy; 01-16-2013 at 07:17 AM.

I seriously doubt Mark Cuban would do any deal with the Lakers again after Odom.....and then ex-Laker DFish pulled on him
    He would look really dumb if it blew up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Salary wise dealing with Mavs there needs to third involved i believe? Pau contract is not that easy to move.

I dont know how Kobe would be affected by such trade. He has always said that he feels Pau like a brother. But tbh i never thought that the twin tower setup worked. Pau plays better as a C imo.
    Absolutely, and at times Bynum's injury was more of a help than an actual negative. It somehow worked when they were both on the floor at the same time, but that was because Pau was still in the last few stages of his prime.

Now that he's older, and probably more unmotivated, he can't do his same role as efficiently as he used to. Age does it to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I seriously doubt Mark Cuban would do any deal with the Lakers again after Odom.....and then ex-Laker DFish pulled on him
    He would look really dumb if it blew up on him.
    I was surprised Fish quit on him. I was wondering why too because he wasn't "too bad" of a player on that team. It was nice of Mark though IMO to try and revive Fisher's career. He's always been a good owner.

Absolutely, and at times Bynum's injury was more of a help than an actual negative. It somehow worked when they were both on the floor at the same time, but that was because Pau was still in the last few stages of his prime.

Now that he's older, and probably more unmotivated, he can't do his same role as efficiently as he used to. Age does it to us all.
    (LMAO that you are talking about aging )
    You are right of course but it just struck me as funny......like the U-verse commercials.

Default Re: Official trade rumors thread

So I've converted this "Mavs open to deals" into "trade rumors" altogether.

The new speculations, by the one and only ISH rumors page, are that Josh Smith is being shopped and that Rudy Gay might be as well.

I don't know about you guys, but if we're going to be serious about running, I would go for Rudy Gay in a heart beat. He would be a superb 3rd option player next to Kobe and Dwight.

He can shoot, play secondary defense, and he can run and jump like the wind (not really sure what that even means lol).

Serious playground baller

Reported by the one and only, ISH.

You are a laker FO employee. Do you see anyone from the mavericks that can make this team better? Who would you trade for? Who would you offer in return?

Discuss.
    I've long been an admirer of the Matrix.
    He's a little long of tooth now but is still a superb defender, who can guard multiple positions. Don't think we have the assets to acquire him.

I'd call Washington about Ariza. I believe they would move him for simple cap relief (he is due 7.8 next season, which they'd love to get out from under). Duhon is a piece that could help, as he has a million dollar buyout next season (so is like an expiring). Don't know if they'd take Blake (4 mil next season), along with 3 mil cash to help pay his salary, but Blake plus cash along with Duhon would work. Would leave us thin at PG, but address our biggest need, perimeter D.

In the Gasol thread, I suggested getting an expiring from Atlanta, like Morrow, and packaging him with Duhon to the Wiz for Ariza. That way, the Wiz would be completely out from Ariza's deal at years end, and if the Hawks moved Josh Smith, they'd have no problem including Morrow, who sees little PT for them.

4 team deal:

ATL moves JSmith and Morrow, receives Pek, DWilliams, Blake
    Minny moves Pek, DWill, Barea, receives Gasol
    Washington moves Ariza, gets Morrow and Duhon (expirings)
    Lakers move Pau, Blake, Duhon, get JSmith, Barea, Ariza

I'd sign Kenyon Martin, especially with Hill out. I have a feeling his low post D will help come playoff time (if we even get there) with the likes of Blake Griffen, Ibaka, ZBo, Bron etc.

Problems solved. Now just fire D'Antoni and offer Phil a stake in ownership to come back (now that he is family).

New Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Robster89
    I've long been an admirer of the Matrix.
    He's a little long of tooth now but is still a superb defender, who can guard multiple positions. Don't think we have the assets to acquire him.

I'd call Washington about Ariza. I believe they would move him for simple cap relief (he is due 7.8 next season, which they'd love to get out from under). Duhon is a piece that could help, as he has a million dollar buyout next season (so is like an expiring). Don't know if they'd take Blake (4 mil next season), along with 3 mil cash to help pay his salary, but Blake plus cash along with Duhon would work. Would leave us thin at PG, but address our biggest need, perimeter D.

In the Gasol thread, I suggested getting an expiring from Atlanta, like Morrow, and packaging him with Duhon to the Wiz for Ariza. That way, the Wiz would be completely out from Ariza's deal at years end, and if the Hawks moved Josh Smith, they'd have no problem including Morrow, who sees little PT for them.

4 team deal:

ATL moves JSmith and Morrow, receives Pek, DWilliams, Blake
    Minny moves Pek, DWill, Barea, receives Gasol
    Washington moves Ariza, gets Morrow and Duhon (expirings)
    Lakers move Pau, Blake, Duhon, get JSmith, Barea, Ariza

I'd sign Kenyon Martin, especially with Hill out. I have a feeling his low post D will help come playoff time (if we even get there) with the likes of Blake Griffen, Ibaka, ZBo, Bron etc.

Problems solved. Now just fire D'Antoni and offer Phil a stake in ownership to come back (now that he is family).

New Dynasty.

I cringe every time Matrix shoots the ball.....seriously I really do, its like nails on the chalk board for me. I've even been busted turning my head when he's about to shoot....lol. I remember some people having the same problem with "Silk" and his crazy shot.

Home of the 16

Exclamation Re: Official trade rumors thread

If possible ... I hope they're trying to get Rudy Gay ... We need someone like Trevor Ariza right now. Don't trade my Metta though ,,l,, Hands off.

Maybe trade Earl Clark & Someone for Rudy Gay? Jordan Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    If possible ... I hope they're trying to get Rudy Gay ... We need someone like Trevor Ariza right now. Don't trade my Metta though ,,l,, Hands off.

Maybe trade Earl Clark & Someone for Rudy Gay? Jordan Hill?
    kk says we should amnesty Metta not trade him

Just having fun with you kk......no hate bro

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

I think getting Phil to coach is a pipe dream.
    I'm all for getting Josh Smith and keeping Dwight....everyone else is up for trade.
    I know Kobe has a no trade clause but if their was a way I'd say thanks for the years of service and don't let the door hit you on your way out. It is time to rebuild and Dwight is the future.

Dwight, Blake, Ebanks, Morris to Atlanta for Al Horford, Kyle Korver, Rockets 2013 First Round Pick & Hawks 2013 First Round Pick (Top 17 Protected)

Sign Mike Taylor (Athletic point guard who is a one man fast break by forcing a turnover and getting an easy duece) & Paul Davis (Legit 7 footer that can hit jumpers and grab the boards) OR Ike Diogu (Undersized but has a ton of hustle)

Apply for Injury Exception due to Hill being out for the year.

Starting Unit: Nash - Bryant - Artest - Horford - Pau
    Bench: Duhon - Taylor - Meeks - Korver - Jamison - Clark - Sacre - Davis/Diogu

Horford plays his natural position at power forward and Pau gets to run the low post. Bench improves as a nice point is brought in to spell Nash while Meeks & Korver hit threes non-stop. Clark becomes a utility guy off the bench, maybe starts at the 3 with Artest being the focal of the bench? Davis/Diogu give a nice backup to Pau in the low-post until the return of Hill, if he is to return.

Even that return is a better one than the Magic got for Dwight.

Now, tell me how much you guys dislike it.