Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default This is the 332nd consecutive month with an above-average temperature.

If you

Banned

Default Re: This is the 332nd consecutive month with an above-average temperature.

there were 90+ degree days towards the end of October here in California, I don't remember that happening in the 15 yrs ive lived here. I know the weather is warmer here but gettng close to 100 in October can't be normal

Decent college freshman

Default Re: This is the 332nd consecutive month with an above-average temperature.

8 of the warmest years in records have been from the past decade

   

i'm just hoping we can steal a couple 'cool' years from the statistical pool and limp through a few more years. i'd like to get a couple more things done in life before the excrement hits the ventilator. :P

this area is notorious for miserable winters, but last winter was incredibly mild. eerily so, really.

NBA Superstar

Don't you know anything? heat melting ice is just a 'theory'!

Jeez!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Palin/Putin 2016

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz

Um, you're wrong.

Because

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    An astronomy proff explained that it's actually correlated with sun spots which are cyclical. There's no denying though that it has been aggravated (if at least a little bit) by our activities. There are tons of PhD's on either sides of the coin, and unfortunately many of them are on their respective sides for political reasons.

As for how it actually is, there are a bunch of articles for both sides, but neither side is clear cut. Both sides admit that there is global climate change, but obviously disagree on the causes etc.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    An astronomy proff explained that it's actually correlated with sun spots which are cyclical. There's no denying though that it has been aggravated (if at least a little bit) by our activities. There are tons of PhD's on either sides of the coin, and unfortunately many of them are on their respective sides for political reasons.

As for how it actually is, there are a bunch of articles for both sides, but neither side is clear cut. Both sides admit that there is global climate change, but obviously disagree on the causes etc.

Nice to see a rational response for once, and not another rehash from Fox News or NY Times.

Banned

Just enjoy your ****ing interglacials people.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

the world has been freezing cold and burning hot well before we got here. nothing we have seen in our brief time of measuring is anything close to world record anything. If humans had records back to the dawn of our existence I bet every heat record would have been broken long ago without our input.

nothing we are likely to be able to do to could cause an extended ice age. Nor could we make the world so sunny and humid that plant growth went so far that they generate enough oxygen to support 9 foot millipedes and giant spiders.

we really arent as significant as I think people want to believe.

The Earth's temperatures has fluctuated before.

Because of this, I'm certain that humans burning up all the natural resources into the atmosphere has a negligible effect. Sending millions of times more aggravating chemicals up into the atmosphere than what occurs naturally, the same atmosphere which has an utterly vital role in maintaining the Earthly status quo, I'm sure this all has a negligible effect.

100% sure. I base this on my shocking lack of common sense.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

keep panicking doomsayers. The"its not that big a deal" side is undefeated and will be for quite some time.