turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Default Favorite Android Games

So, all my mobile gaming these days is pretty much done via my phone(Galaxy S4). There's very little need to carry around a DS or whatever anymore given the quality and plethora of Android games available. Less shit to keep on me too. I know I'm missing out on some great games but I guess I don't care. I've actually paid for some of these too, or pumped some money into them otherwise, which I shall denote with a dollar sign.

There are a lot of Android games I like but here's my top ten, in no particular order(subject to change):

GT Racing 2

Awesome graphics, and about as realistic a racing experience as you're likely to find on Android.

The Bard's Tale $

Sprawling, funny action-RPG. You're basically getting the full PS2 experience.

World of Goo $

Oozing charm, it's sort of like lemmings, with a great presentation and plenty of challenge.

Osmos $

One of the most unique games I've played, it's really hard to describe so I shall instead show you the trailer.

Marvel Puzzle Quest $

I dig superheroes, and I dig puzzle games. Simple.

Shadowgun: Deadzone

Online FPS with capture the flag-ish co-op and typical deathmatch modes.

Crayon Physics

Best played with a stylus, you draw your own solutions to puzzles, and you can be creative as ****. Really realistic physics.

Song Pop $

You compete against other players in listening to audio clips across a plethora of genres, and have to guess the artist or song quicker than they do over multiple rounds.

Granny Smith $

Side-scroller where some dude stole your apples and you're trying to get them back and flipping across rooftops and using your cane to sort of zip-line across cables and shit. Pretty challenging too, with tons of personality.

The Walking Dead

Taking place in the same world as the show/comic, it's a point-and-click game with quick-time events during the action bits, which focuses and story, developing characters, and making tough choices. Slick graphics too.

And that's it. There are some other games I haven't really gotten around to yet that are highly regarded such as Castle Clash and Clash of Clans, but these are my loose top ten. Post yours.
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 05-04-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Default Re: Top Ten Android Games

Buy a ****ing ps4

A Bard's tale is on Android? Might check that out.

Real Racing 3 doesnt get a mention fam?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

The Counter Strike game is amazing. It's free too.

Banned

Played afew of these and no not a single game comes close to being in the ball park of 3ds or vita. At least get some emulators if your going to just game on android

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Played afew of these and no not a single game comes close to being in the ball park of 3ds or vita. At least get some emulators if your going to just game on android
    Well even with emulators you're stuck with the same drawbacks. No d-pad/physical buttons. Android games are more than enough for me when it comes to mobile gaming. Plenty of games translate really well. I know I'm missing out on shit like Fire Emblem but oh well. Not enough hours in the day anyway.

Maybe I'll finally get around to a Final Fantasy game.

Banned

you guys take mobile apps and games way too ****ing seriously.. get an emulator? i just wanna play some flappy bird while i wait for my lift after school or when im bored af somewhere with no internet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    you guys take mobile apps and games way too ****ing seriously.. get an emulator? i just wanna play some flappy bird while i wait for my lift after school or when im bored af somewhere with no internet.
    then don't post in this thread? the OP talks about not needing a ds or vita because he believes there's enough quality gaming on android which is what we are discussing? There's plenty of fun casual games on android, I've played the shit out of some cut the rope when I'm bored, but the discussion is about if those games replace what a ds and vita offer.

shannon i agree not having a real dpad is annoying, the problem i have with most android games is that they lack depth and don't really stick with me beyond some immediate satisfaction and time wasting. I don't see why they can't make more in depth games these days for it.

The focus does tend to be on casual gaming but some can be on the more in-depth side of the spectrum. A Bard's Tale for instance. Then there's The Room 1 and 2, Dead Space, like five Final Fantasy games, etc. RPGs/strategy games translate especially well.

Bump. Speaking of more in-depth games, I've been playing Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, which is basically a Call of Duty clone. Graphics are sick though.

There are also the GTA games. GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas. Haven't tried any yet but will soon. Xcom: Enemy Unknown is out now too. The Walking Dead also, which I've already finished.

NBA 2K14 is on Android also, and despite looking awesome I'm dubious about the controls when it comes to sports games in general on a touchscreen. That Fifa game seems popular though. Found a puzzle game called Cogs which looks good and will get you thinking.

So yeah, there's more in-depth stuff out there, you just have to poke around a bit since the casual stuff is what's most popular. I got a DS emulator to play Fire Emblem, makes sense too because the touchscreen elements from the game translate to your phone.

Banned