Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Kobe's legacy if Lakers don't make playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Kobe was the one that strongly suggested implementing the Princeton offense. But, yeah, keep blaming Brown for that one.
    Brown is the coach, he has to decide what offense they run. That was one of the biggest problems with Brown, he could not coach Kobe. He deferred to superstars whether it was Lebron or Kobe. Of course I'm going to blame Brown.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Brown is the coach, he has to decide what offense they run. That was one of the biggest problems with Brown, he could not coach Kobe. He deferred to superstars whether it was Lebron or Kobe. Of course I'm going to blame Brown.
    By that logic, Del Harris, Kurt Rambis, Frank Hamblen, Rudy Tomjanovich couldn't coach Kobe either. No one besides PJax(the GOAT). You're naive if you think Brown had any kind of pull on the Lakers. If Kobe suggests something, the Lakers sure as hell are going to do it regardless of who's coaching.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

By that logic, Del Harris, Kurt Rambis, Frank Hamblen, Rudy Tomjanovich couldn't coach Kobe either. No one besides PJax(the GOAT). You're naive if you think Brown had any kind of pull on the Lakers. If Kobe suggests something, the Lakers sure as hell are going to do it regardless of who's coaching.
    That's the point with Mike Brown.. He defers to his superstars instead of actually doing his job and coming up with his own ideas.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

His legacy won't really be diminished, he has played well, and the lakers problems stem from other causes. His defense has been bad yes, but to pin the defensive disasters the lakers have had on just kobe is retarded. He hasn't been good, but nor has most of the team and not to mention the coaching.

To me he has always been in the 8-10 range all time so I don't think that'll change much at all.

Very good NBA starter

Legacy? Let's see still top 6 of all time Your alltime rankings can't go down you idiots they can only be surpassed. Right now Duncan and Lebron can surpass him. The Lakers problems don't stem from Kobe alone why do you think every single analyst and reporter are saying that Dwight and Gasol need to improve their play, they all must be Kobe stans

He's still a top 10 player of all time. LBJ might surpass him if he wins his 2nd finals MVP. LBJ needs to put up better numbers in the Finals.

7-time NBA All-Star

Kobe was a teenager when Del Harris was there, and Del had problems with the entire team. Kurt was a midseason replacement in a lockout year and failed during his one other head coaching stint in Minnesota. He was never going to be their longterm solution. Frank Hamblen was barely a head coach as well. He wasn't meant to be anything more than an interim, never coached an entire season and during his one other stint as a head coach, h went 23-42 with the '92 Bucks.

Rudy T had no problem coaching Kobe. They were 18-15 before Kobe's injury and 24-19 total with Rudy T. He stepped down for health reasons that were well documented.

Hilarious that you threw interim coaches in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    His legacy won't really be diminished, he has played well, and the lakers problems stem from other causes. His defense has been bad yes, but to pin the defensive disasters the lakers have had on just kobe is retarded. He hasn't been good, but nor has most of the team and not to mention the coaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    That's the point with Mike Brown.. He defers to his superstars instead of actually doing his job and coming up with his own ideas.
    Great posts, I agree 100%

Despite D'Anotoni's laughable coaching, I still cant fathom LAL missing the postseason w/ this roster. Holy shit.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Despite D'Anotoni's laughable coaching, I still cant fathom LAL missing the postseason w/ this roster. Holy shit.
    Yep, it is amazing. It's like Murphy's Law, didn't they know not to fuck with Jack Murphy?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Yep, it is amazing. It's like Murphy's Law, didn't they know not to fuck with Jack Murphy?

The only law I know is "Jack Murphy's law." It's very simple. Don't **** with Jack Murphy. You remember that.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    The only law I know is "Jack Murphy's law." It's very simple. Don't **** with Jack Murphy. You remember that.

Wasn't sure anyone would get that reference. Didn't know how many here watch Charles Bronson's movies.

Then again, he even did a movie with Mike Dunleavy.

Made that high school varsity squad

You can debate all you want, 20 years from now people will only remember Kobe + 3 all stars not making playoffs.

It hurts Howard's way more than Kobe's. Doesn't hurt Kobe at all.

I think it will hurt how people view his leadership skills. And I agreed with what Van Gundy said, that despite how good he's playing, he should sacrifice a few shots to let Howard get going.

Another thing that hurts him is that it looks as if Kobe is more concern about breaking that all times points record. Perhaps he sees younger Lebron and Durant being ahead than he was when he was their age, and he wants to secure it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    It hurts Howard's way more than Kobe's. Doesn't hurt Kobe at all.
    This. The only difference from this the team last year is replacing Bynum with Dwight and an upgrade at the PG position. Who's really hurting the Lakers?