Arrow Allen Iverson - 2013-2014 NBA Comeback

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Allen Iverson - 2013-2014 NBA Comeback

Nice video, but he'll never play again. He hasn't been in basketball shape for years and having just lost his kids in a messy divorce, still has a lot of issues to sort out.

No reason for him to come back, anyway he doesn't need this league anymore.

   

still has a lot of issues to work out? yea, i'd say so.

an unstable alcoholic with horrible parenting skills (this according to the judge's ruling just made) and who also just turned down the mavs season-long pursuit of him to join their D-league club so as to work himself back to the NBA.

still some issues, i guess.
    http://www.inquisitr.com/507263/judg...enting-skills/

It's going to be hard to play at his age especially with the way he treats his body. It's one thing if he's been eating veggies and doing yoga and shit but I don't think that's likely. Isn't he an alcoholic too?

Quote Originally Posted by immatell

No reason for him to come back, anyway he doesn't need this league anymore.
    More like the league showed him that it doesn't need him, which is why he's out of the NBA and someone like Luke Walton is still on an NBA payroll.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    an unstable alcoholic with horrible parenting skills

That description fits a lot of professional athletes. Only reason it matter here is because it's Allen Iverson.

It's going to be hard to play at his age especially with the way he treats his body. It's one thing if he's been eating veggies and doing yoga and shit but I don't think that's likely. Isn't he an alcoholic too?
    He's still in great shape. He just doesn't have the strength and conditioning he had in the past due to not having regular access to multi million dollar facilities and team doctors, and age of course.

Pretty much proved his nba days are over when he refused to prove himself in the Dallas dleague team.

That description fits a lot of professional athletes. Only reason it matter here is because it's Allen Iverson.

He's still in great shape. He just doesn't have the strength and conditioning he had in the past due to not having regular access to multi million dollar facilities and team doctors, and age of course.
    With his reputation and connections he could work out in the best facilities in VA and PA among other places I'm sure.

   

sure, that's the only reason.

not that he keeps making the news every year or two like clockwork via his self-destructive life.

how many athletes do you remember that were ordered not to drink for 18 months and to attend AA for a whole year, minimum? i don't think even vin baker achieved that...

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    sure, that's the only reason.

not that he keeps making the news every year or two like clockwork via his self-destructive life.

how many athletes do you remember that were ordered not to drink for 18 months and to attend AA for a whole year, minimum? i don't think even vin baker achieved that...
    Articles on Vin Baker don't sell papers, and after reading that one you posted, neither does the truth apparently.

If you believe any of these off court problems, whether fact or fiction, are what kept him from playing, then that's your choice.

   

Articles on Vin Baker don't sell papers, and after reading that one you posted, neither does the truth apparently.

If you believe any of these off court problems, whether fact or fiction, are what kept him from playing, then that's your choice.
    wow. i'm backing off niiiice and easy now.