Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Default Karl Malone on Dan Patrick Show "Charles is the 3d Best PF, Duncan is a Center...

Default Re: Karl Malone on Dan Patrick Show "Charles is the 3d Best PF, Duncan is a Center...

It's not opening and I'm not trying to listen either. Is he saying Duncan is a center but is still #2? Who does he have at #2?

It's not ridiculous if you consider full career. I'm not even sure how to rank them anymore. Duncan is a C but he didn't play C so you gotta call him a PF.

Default Re: Karl Malone on Dan Patrick Show "Charles is the 3d Best PF, Duncan is a Center...

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    It's not opening and I'm not trying to listen either. Is he saying Duncan is a center but is still #2? Who does he have at #2?

It's not ridiculous if you consider full career. I'm not even sure how to rank them anymore. Duncan is a C but he didn't play C so you gotta call him a PF.
    I Think Duncan has Been Playing More Center than PF in his Career. He is More a of a CF like Hakeem was. I Think he is the 2nd Best CF after The Dream.

He Said Barkley was 3rd If You Consider Duncan a PF, but He Doesnt Consider Duncan a PF. He Says He is the Best.

Start a team with Scottie Pippen from the rest of the 92 Dream Team and you the best PF, while Charles is a "distant" 3rd, and Duncan isn't better than you either regardless of his actual position... You're a funny guy, Karl, I'll give you that.

Didn't say who's the #2 PF is, so... I'll guess it's Rodman since he praised the man hard in that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    I Think Duncan has Been Playing More Center than PF in his Career. He is More a of a CF like Hakeem was. I Think he is the 2nd Best CF after The Dream.

He Said Barkley was 3rd If You Consider Duncan a PF, but He Doesnt Consider Duncan a PF. He Says He is the Best.

Duncan plays like a center and he's been the starting center since 2008.

As far as Hakeem, I cannot agree. How was Olajuwon a PF? He was 6'10 and skinny. If he had a PF's game he would have played PF. He had guard moves, but he played strictly like a center.

National High School Star

Malone has a vested interest in eliminating Duncan from historical comparison with him. So I'm not sure why this matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Start a team with Scottie Pippen from the rest of the 92 Dream Team and you the best PF, while Charles is a "distant" 3rd, and Duncan isn't better than you either regardless of his actual position... You're a funny guy, Karl, I'll give you that.

Didn't say who's the #2 PF is, so... I'll guess it's Rodman since he praised the man hard in that interview.
    Malone is a Bit Overrated...He Definetly Played More Seasons at a Good Level than Barkley but He NEVER REACHED THE LEVEL OF PRIME BARKLY, EVER!

His Longevity and Stat Padding Looks Nice on Paper an To The Eye (More Numbers Give the Impression of Better) but One You Analyze PER, EFF, Ws Per 48 Minutes, WS etc He Is Below Barkley in Both Their Primes.

Also, Charles calls himself the 2nd Best PF Ever in the Previous Chat With Dan Patrick I Think You Can Also See It If You Click On It

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Malone is a Bit Overrated...He Definetly Played More Seasons at a Good Level than Barkley but He NEVER REACHED THE LEVEL OF PRIME BARKLY, EVER!

His Longevity and Stat Padding Looks Nice on Paper an To The Eye (More Numbers Give the Impression of Better) but One You Analyze PER, EFF, Ws Per 48 Minutes, WS etc He Is Below Barkley in Both Their Primes.

Also, Charles calls himself the 2nd Best PF Ever in the Previous Chat With Dan Patrick I Think You Can Also See It If You Click On It

I don't think Malone was a stat padder, but he did play in a system where a truly great player would rack up numbers. He was a finisher so absolutely ideal there.

I've heard Barkley make that claim. Barkley was easily the best who's played. I don't know how I should rank the top PF's on an all-time list tho. I have no problem with any of them being #1. Same even for KG, but I think his case is less obvious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

In the modern era, most centers are the equivalent to power forwards of Malone's years. So yes, Duncan is a center now. But I had no problem seeing him as a PF for the first decade of his career.

Malone Wasn`t a Stat Padder but When You See More Numbers More Times Padded Together Most Kids Out There Think He Would Be Better than Duncan or Barkley but When Analysis and Broken Down Stat Are Done Then He is Definetly Below Them. No Hate on Malone, I Loved Watching that Duo Work But as a Player Prime Barkley Was Way More Dominant and Duncan Prooved Himself in the Play-Offs like Barkley Did. Malone Shrunk in the Play-Offs...When It Most Mattered.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 01-25-2013 at 09:51 PM.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

KG > malone

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    KG > malone
    He Was a Better All Around Player but I Don`t Know If His Impact Was Greater.

High School Starter

Barkley vs malone in prime is debatable but malone has done more in his career, either way duncan will always be considered superior to both whether be prime or accomplishments

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

According to 82 games Duncan has primarily been a center for 7 years now. I don't quite agree with him but there is truth to the idea that people constantly call Duncan a PF when in fact he's spent nearly half of his career playing center. It's just more favorable when people call him a PF. I understand he was a listed PF back when the Spurs won titles but he was usually the one guarding the opposing teams center and had the opposing center guarding him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I don't quite agree with him but there is truth to the idea that people constantly call Duncan a PF when in fact he's spent nearly half of his career playing center.
    The thing is, Duncan's best years were at PF and he was already considered the GOAT PF before he switched to being primarily a center.