Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Blake Griffin is on par with if not better defensively than Smith this year. Stop giving players merit on reputation and start actually watching the games dipshit.

Don't say stuff like this because people think you're being a homer. Griffin has not been elite or anything and Smith is playing great defense. That's not true.

Banned

it's insane to me that these are real thoughts someone has and is 100% serious about.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I didn't say anything about the trade being bad. Obviously the combination of those 3 is better than Blake but trades aren't all about that. Contract, upside, youth etc has a TON to do with it and Blake is the next great PF and is a better fit for the team. Besides if you trade for both what do you do with 11 mill a year DJ?

I'm laughing but that is a good point, contract, and upside are factors.

So lets look at it that way

Contract, is Horfords contract better for what you're getting that Dj's contract? Yes.

Contract, Is Smith likely to resign in a big city that gets as much press as LA does? Most likely yes.

Contract, does bringing in arguably the best PF/C combination give Cp3 a big reason to resign? Yes.

Upside, the upside of bringing in a dominant front court allows you to re sign the best pg in the league and have him for years to come.

Upside, LAC play in the west, and as we know in the west it a lot of times comes down to the bigs, Who in the west can currently match up with a j smith/Horford froncourt with Cp3 running point?

Smith/Horford/Cp3 is a scary combination. Cp3 would thrive.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Teams already can't match up with this team. Neither Horford or Smith can be relied upon like Griffin to be THE go to player. CP3 would be forced to carry a much bigger offensive load again. Clippers are 7-2 against good teams this year... so matching up in the west isn't an issue. Their loss to OKC was very winnable too. Only good team that flat out smoked us was the Hawks, a week after we beat them by 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    it's insane to me that these are real thoughts someone has and is 100% serious about.

you obviously havent read the thread very carefully, obviously the Clippers wont trade him, nor should they due to his popularity.

The premise of the thread is that BG's trade value could bring the Cluppers a better combination of players that BG..

Is Josh Smith, Al Horford & Korver for BG and DJ a bad trade for the Clippers?

Before you jump into a thread and decide to post the classic ISH "i've only read the title of the thread so i'll react to that instead of the context in which the title of the thread was being proposed" maybe you should read through.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Is Josh Smith, Al Horford & Korver for BG and DJ a bad trade for the Clippers?
    Yes.

Next.

Teams already can't match up with this team. Neither Horford or Smith can be relied upon like Griffin to be THE go to player. CP3 would be forced to carry a much bigger offensive load again. Clippers are 7-2 against good teams this year... so matching up in the west isn't an issue. Their loss to OKC was very winnable too. Only good team that flat out smoked us was the Hawks, a week after we beat them by 13.

Neither can Griffin

Griffin has not proven to be a go to player that you can depend on in the playoffs, you can't be serious

Last year in the playoffs, against the Spurs

Game 1: 7-17 15 pts 9 boards. +/- = -24

Game 2: 7-16 20 points 1 rebound in 37 minutes

Game 3: 13-24 28 points. 16 reb. Good game, great stats. however most of his points came in the first half (14 in the first quarter) and was not reliable down the stretch. Team lost the game.

Game 4: 9-20 21 pts. 5 rebounds.

I pick this series b/c it was the WCF semi's, this is where your GO TO PLAYERS play like GO TO PLAYERS, where in that series was Griffin a go to guy

How can you be considered a go to player at the PF position and have a game where you shoot under 50% and grab 1 rebound in the WCF semis?

That 1 game out of 4 where he grabbed more than 10 rebounds and shot better than 50%, and in the 1 game he did that most of his production came in the 1st half.

Blake Griffin is not the GO TO PLAYER that you make him out to be

Blake Griffin had the longest 20/10 streak since Shaq. He absolutely CAN be depended on as a go to scorer. His rookie year he was and it's not his fault the team was shredded with injuries and not very good. Dude put up 22.5 ppg despite being double teamed religiously.

Blake is FAR more dependable as a go to, 20+ ppg scorer than either Smith or Horford who have had MUCH longer to prove themselves and have been in the league longer than Blake. Don't use the playoffs as a sample when Blake was injured and beat the hell up. I guarantee you... you'll change your tune this year when he's dominating the playoffs.

Exactly. Makes me laugh when people say things like "He proved he couldn't do it by himself and needed a star to carry him". So he got his one rookie year where the team had tons of new players, was decimated by injuries... to turn the franchise around before being labeled a low impact, overrated player? The team got CP3+other talent the very next year and somehow Griffin is being perceived as a nobody without CP3?

I still think if Griffin had kept developing as THE man on this team without CP3 they would have made the playoffs last year. First round exit and 7-8 seed at best for sure... but at least in the playoffs with Griffin's development full steam ahead.
    Just imagine a healthy Gordon, Bledsoe and Griffin

Well for someone who keeps declining since his rookie season, it is rational for the front office to trade him earlier than later.

Blake Griffin had the longest 20/10 streak since Shaq. He absolutely CAN be depended on as a go to scorer. His rookie year he was and it's not his fault the team was shredded with injuries and not very good. Dude put up 22.5 ppg despite being double teamed religiously.

Blake is FAR more dependable as a go to, 20+ ppg scorer than either Smith or Horford who have had MUCH longer to prove themselves and have been in the league longer than Blake. Don't use the playoffs as a sample when Blake was injured and beat the hell up. I guarantee you... you'll change your tune this year when he's dominating the playoffs.

Dude, Newsflash nobody is 100% healthy and pristine going into the playoffs. Stop making excuses for BG when he clearly did not have an impressive showing in the biggest 4 games of his career.

And what does the 20 10 streak prove anyways? BG had a 12 game stretch of 20 & 10, but doesnt prove that he is a go to guy? I've seen you trash Kevin Love and put him down in comparison to BG but his 53 straight double double streak takes a fat dump on 12 games of 20 & 10.

Dude, Newsflash nobody is 100% healthy and pristine going into the playoffs. Stop making excuses for BG when he clearly did not have an impressive showing in the biggest 4 games of his career.

And what does the 20 10 streak prove anyways? BG had a 12 game stretch of 20 & 10, but doesnt prove that he is a go to guy? I've seen you trash Kevin Love and put him down in comparison to BG but his 53 straight double double streak takes a fat dump on 12 games of 20 & 10.
    Yes I'm sure having a torn Meniscus and hyperextended knee in the playoffs is something players regularly play through . BTW it was way more than 12 straight 20/10 games his rookie year. It was something like 26 or 27 if I remember. Regardless I'm not comparing him to Love... I'm saying Griffin is a better go to player than Smith and Horford which is a fact. Blake is a young player still learning but has first option scorer written all over him. He regularly takes over games with 8-10+ straight points and regularly has 15+ point halves. Horford and Smith are career 3rd option players.

Griffin tore his meniscus in the olympics, what does that have to do with the Spurs series
    Wrong it happened in the playoffs and was kept hush hush with a max extension around the corner. Coangelo flat out said during the Olympics that he's almost sure the torn Meniscus actually happened in the playoffs. Trust me the injuries severely limited Blake, CP3 and the rest of the banged up guys.

Yes I'm sure having a torn Meniscus and hyperextended knee in the playoffs is something players regularly play through . BTW it was way more than 12 straight 20/10 games his rookie year. It was something like 26 or 27 if I remember. Regardless I'm not comparing him to Love... I'm saying Griffin is a better go to player than Smith and Horford which is a fact. Blake is a young player still learning but has first option scorer written all over him. He regularly takes over games with 8-10+ straight points and regularly has 15+ point halves. Horford and Smith are career 3rd option players.

Griffin tore his meniscus in the Olympics, what does that have to do with the Spurs series

regardless of if you think BG is a go to guy, the combination of JSMOOTH +AL Horford would be better for the Clippers than the combination of BG & DJ
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 12-09-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Fine, Blake and two firsts for David Lee