Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: What to buy an Asian couple for a wedding gift?

Asia is huge and has lots of countries and they are all different, not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Asia is huge and has lots of countries and they are all different, not that anyone cares.
    Korean.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Giver her nothing. It's just a work mate.

@ the rice cooker comment. Name me an asian who didn't get one the moment they moved away from the household?

I'm filipino, my wifey is filipina. Our weddings aren't any different from any traditional wedding. Except for maybe the fact we play alot of line dance music like the Electric Slide and the Bird Dance

But as for the present, it is customary to give cash. The only gifts I got were from the non-asians.

Lol get them what any you would get any other American couple. They're just Asian, not aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Lol get them what any you would get any other American couple. They're just Asian, not aliens.
    They are not Americanized Asians, I stated that already. They are very traditional. She doesn't drink or curse and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either. I've only met him once and he is real quiet.

I will give them some moneys.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Korean.
    i know korean is heavy on traditions so something that represents good luck. Something small that they can put on shelves or what not. And if they are korean they dont really take red pockets, thats a chinese thing so... maybe a bracelet for them both?

I usually hit open layups

Eh...I think if I was them I would be weirded out if a black guy got 'em Asian gifts. Either way it's hard to answer this question without knowing what he or she likes? Do you know? What does she like on Facebook. Something of interest here.

A safe choice is money or scotch/wine Koreans love the scotch.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

Decent college freshman

Serious answer tho most weddings I've been to the couple getting married sets up an online wedding registry thing with their wish list of crap and you can just pick something off the list. Then you check it off the list so nobody else buys it.

I'm sorry but a Playstation 3 for a wedding? This is not a gift for some 8 year old on his birthday; this is a wedding. Kudos to the OP for actually caring enough about different cultures to find out what is an appropriate gift. Some of you guys are coming up with some lame a*s ideas. But seriously OP, you prob don't have to give out any money unless if you are a really close friend of her's. Usually aquaintances aren't expected to give money as a gift. If you want to do it the American way and get a gift, then a nice bottle of liquor should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I'm sorry but a Playstation 3 for a wedding? This is not a gift for some 8 year old on his birthday; this is a wedding. Kudos to the OP for actually caring enough about different cultures to find out what is an appropriate gift. Some of you guys are coming up with some lame a*s ideas. But seriously OP, you prob don't have to give out any money unless if you are a really close friend of her's. Usually aquaintances aren't expected to give money as a gift. If you want to do it the American way and get a gift, then a nice bottle of liquor should do it.
    If you go to a wedding and can afford it you bring a gift. He is in america. Not a bottle of liquour. Something off the registry or an envelope with cash.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    They are not Americanized Asians, I stated that already. They are very traditional. She doesn't drink or curse and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either. I've only met him once and he is real quiet.

I will give them some moneys.
    Lol you're still making this harder than it is. Ok so they're not Americanized but they live in America and I assume one of them speaks English and are a human couple. So you can't buy them a bottle or a Bill Bellamy stand up DVD, but everything else is fair game.

You don't need to get all gimmicky because they're Asian . Actually it'll be pretty funny if you came with a gag gift like a fancy set of chopsticks or driving for dummies book or something offensive.

But money is always a good choice. Every culture likes money.